The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

Byron is definitely guilty here. Logano retaliated because that's what you're supposed to do. A lot of the new crowd would've hated nascar in the 80's and the 90's.

As a blanket statement I disagree. There have been periods of time where NASCAR attempted to rigidly enforce certain driving standards. I was recently watching the 95 season review. There were numerous occasions where the race officials put cars a lap down for unnecessary contact.

Obviously they moved away from that sort of enforcement. I’m fine with it, but the winning/decisive moves we saw on Sunday, Bristol dirt or Chastain’s win at COTA don’t impress me.

At the end of the day, whatever keeps the fans excited about Nascar, I can get behind.

As a blanket statement I disagree. There have been periods of time where NASCAR attempted to rigidly enforce certain driving standards. I was recently watching the 95 season review. There were numerous occasions where the race officials put cars a lap down for unnecessary contact.

Obviously they moved away from that sort of enforcement. I’m fine with it, but the winning/decisive moves we saw on Sunday, Bristol dirt or Chastain’s win at COTA don’t impress me.

At the end of the day, whatever keeps the fans excited about Nascar, I can get behind.
If someone bumps me into the wall and I catch back up, your ass is grass.

Whatever disagreement we have on the last position change, we can agree that Darlington has been lights out the past two years.

Larson wall riding last year, also Larson splitting the two lappers. Glad that track has 2 dates. I really enjoyed my visits to that track.

Whatever disagreement we have on the last position change, we can agree that Darlington has been lights out the past two years.

Larson wall riding last year, also Larson splitting the two lappers. Glad that track has 2 dates. I really enjoyed my visits to that track.
Darlington will forever be that classic track that does not disaappoint.

Reactions: tbwhhs
Darlington is and will always be number one for me.

if you win at darlington, that says something about you as a driver. I wish the finale was at darlington.

Actually, I wish they would get rid of Daytona and talladega, since they won’t let them run and race at darlington five times a year.

Where do we stack up Ross Chastain? Dude is having a hell of a season. Constantly in the top 10, getting every drop out of that equipment and running better than CGR did. I know the knock against him is the level of aggression when it isn’t necessary. Some of that may come back to bite him perhaps.

I really like Daniel Suarez, but if I am Tyler Reddick I am putting out feelers to Justin Marks to see how attached he is Daniel. I think Tyler is championship caliber but needs to get away from RCR.

The less said about 23XI the better. I’m a huge bubba Wallace fan, but I’m also pretty honest about what his talent level is. He’s not likely to be a championship guy, but I think a Clint Bowyer or Aric Almirola career is certainly doable. That organization just has no luck. Neither car seems to have the speed to run in top 10 all day and when they do(like last weekend) something silly happens on pit road or their luck turns awful. You look at 2020 for Bubba and you sort of miss RPM compared to what he has now.

Anyway, those are NASCAR thoughts that have been bouncing around my mind this season.

Where do we stack up Ross Chastain? Dude is having a hell of a season. Constantly in the top 10, getting every drop out of that equipment and running better than CGR did. I know the knock against him is the level of aggression when it isn’t necessary. Some of that may come back to bite him perhaps.

I really like Daniel Suarez, but if I am Tyler Reddick I am putting out feelers to Justin Marks to see how attached he is Daniel. I think Tyler is championship caliber but needs to get away from RCR.

The less said about 23XI the better. I’m a huge bubba Wallace fan, but I’m also pretty honest about what his talent level is. He’s not likely to be a championship guy, but I think a Clint Bowyer or Aric Almirola career is certainly doable. That organization just has no luck. Neither car seems to have the speed to run in top 10 all day and when they do(like last weekend) something silly happens on pit road or their luck turns awful. You look at 2020 for Bubba and you sort of miss RPM compared to what he has now.

Anyway, those are NASCAR thoughts that have been bouncing around my mind this season.
Chastain has impressed the hell outta me. He's been solid as a rock.

Reddick would do great in Hendrick equipment IMO if he could get into it. Bowman's contract isn't that long, if I'm thinking right he was only under a 2 year deal? Or even Byron. He won't dump Byron though, other two are untouchable. Bowman would be the logical one to think of as replaced if that happened.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol

Justin marks is a different ombré. Absolutely the coolest owner in the garage. Super deep pockets.

Really happy for Kurt. Great job by him.

More heartbreak for this Bubba fan. Had top 5 speed, potentially more than that. Two penalties on pit road playing massive defense against him. Gritty performance to get him back to P10. Proud of the fight he showed.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Really happy for Kurt. Great job by him.

More heartbreak for this Bubba fan. Had top 5 speed, potentially more than that. Two penalties on pit road playing massive defense against him. Gritty performance to get him back to P10. Proud of the fight he showed.

He seems to frequently have pit road issues.

He seems to frequently have pit road issues.
Saw on Reddit that he lost 61 spots due the pit road issues today.

I hope the speed they showed at Darlington and Kansas is a fixture. If so it could be a very fun summer. Keep running in top 4-8 all day and you will find yourself in victory lane.

Saw on Reddit that he lost 61 spots due the pit road issues today.

I hope the speed they showed at Darlington and Kansas is a fixture. If so it could be a very fun summer. Keep running in top 4-8 all day and you will find yourself in victory lane.

Yeesh, he sure didn’t hold back.

Asked if he could feel good about his top-10 finish, Wallace told NBC Sports: “Nope. Pit crew sucks.”

Bubba should of finished top five.

Sorta reminded me of mark martin with roush. That team figured out ways to lose him races.

Last edited:
I would pay $200 a year for a NASCAR equivalent of F1TV pro. I want to be able to watch the race in-car with any car in the field. I also want more data while I watch and an easier way to watch on demand.

The way NASCAR is broadcast feels really antiquated. With 30+ cars on the track, you spend so much of your time watching the tracker to see where your driver is versus watching the action. The ability to watch exactly what you want is why I try to go to so many races in person, but I feel like TV can do a lot better.

I know it will never happen though.

I get so sick of the Twitter crap. Just go talk with the guy and get it over with.

If you throw punches you throw punches. Good news, you both are a buck fidty and are throwing bee stings.

Excluding the over 40 fat as***. (Kurt Busch). Ryan Newman if he was still blocking everyone.

Have you guys heard the format for the allstar race? Nobody will be able to figure the starting spots especially in the third segment.
THE FORMAT

The 16 teams competing in the All-Star Open are fighting for four spots that will advance them to the All-Star Race.

Their 50-lap race will be split into three stages of 20-20-10 laps. Each stage winner will advance to the All-Star Race in addition to the fan-vote winner. If the fan-vote winner advances through a stage win, the driver with the next highest vote count advances to the All-Star Race.

The main event is a 125-lap dash split into four stages of 25-25-25-50 laps. Break down the format here:

• Stage 1 (25 laps): Stage 1 winner will start on the pole in the final stage as long as he finishes 15th or better in Stages 2 and 3.
  • Stage 2 (25 laps): Stage 2 winner starts second in the final stage as long as he finishes 15th or better in Stage 3.
  • Special Stage Break (Pit-Stop Competition): Each team must pit and perform a four-tire stop. The team with the shortest time on pit road (pit in/pit out) wins the pit-crew award and the driver will start fourth in the final stage as long as he finishes 15th or better in Stage 3.
  • Stage 3 (25 laps): Stage 3 winner starts third in the final stage.
  • Stage 4 (50 laps): Stage 1 winner starts first, Stage 2 winner second, Stage 3 winner third and pit-stop competition winner starts fourth. If a “natural” caution occurs between laps 15-25 of the final stage, standard race procedures will be in effect. If no “natural” caution occurs during that time, NASCAR will call an “All-Star” competition caution. Winner of Stage 4 wins the race and earns $1 million.

I meant the last stage which was the 4th stage. Where does Stage 1 winner start if he didn't meet the criteria in Stage 2 and 3. So forth and so on. I guess it's possible that the Pit Stop winner could end up starting on pole in the final stage depending on what the other stage winners do. Seems way more complicated than it should be.

VN Store

Back