Yep, show them the black flag and get off the race track. Would be fun to see how much the cars pace themselves. I just threw out the idea of a pole for giggles. I think the format they just did was fine, just an awful track.
1. 1000hp minimum requirement for the motors.
2. Bristol or darlington with no rear spoiler. To much mechanical grip in the cars.
3. Bring back the stock car wheels with six lugs for every race. Does any manufacturer in this have a single lug wheel production car?
4. No rules for what you can do to the car outside of the body in terms of chassis.
5. 15, 25, 35 lap segments (if Bristol double the segment length)
6. Invert the field after the first segment with a random draw. Could be zero could be all.
7. Qualifying is the fastest lap. I don’t care about the pit crew in an all star race.
With the exception of a couple, the mile and a half tracks, the racing has been great. Atlanta was fun. I'll agree with the road races, although I will say that the strategy part of those races give them a different element for me
I agree with your first part except Texas. Texas sucks. Imo Nascar took too much HP away from the cars and that's why Texas sucks. Even with a reconfigure I don't know that there's any saving Texas, IMO tear it down and start over with a new short track.