The Official Indianapolis Colts Thread

A few rumors from guys who cover the Colts, who knows how much if any are true
Grigson and Pagano likely will be fired Monday
Irsay has out the full court press on to hire Peyton to replace Grigson
Irsay spoke with Gruden about the HC spot after their Monday night game against the Jets a couple weeks ago

A few rumors from guys who cover the Colts, who knows how much if any are true
Grigson and Pagano likely will be fired Monday
Irsay has out the full court press on to hire Peyton to replace Grigson
Irsay spoke with Gruden about the HC spot after their Monday night game against the Jets a couple weeks ago

Sounds like UT rumors

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like UT rumors

I have always thought Peyton would end up in the front office and not a coach

JMV: Well, honestly, things – what I’ve heard – are most recently there’s not the clearest of visions and/or paths right now, which would have to worry people that would think that a change should and will be made, and this is what I get a lot, and I don’t know if you are as well: how much do you think he would really like to bring Peyton Manning back in some type of organizational position here, because listen, these things are too strong for them all to be wrong here.

Kravitz: Yeah. I think a whole lot.

JMV: I do too.

Kravitz: I think a whole lot. And again, let me preface this by saying I don’t know for sure. But it would not shock me if Peyton Manning came back on the white horse. It wouldn’t shock me to find out later on down the line that Jim has been putting the full court press on him. Yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me in the least, because that’s one of the things that’s come across my desk.

JMV: Clearly you’ve heard the stories of the reunion weekend and the late night conversations about this that are leading us down this particular path.

Kravitz: Yeah. Yeah. That, yeah, there’s a lot of stuff going on. And another guy to keep your eye on, and again these guys are still employed so I feel a little weird talking about it, but Jon Gruden, who I know always comes up every year for every opening, has made it very, very clear that the one quarterback he’d be interested in coming back for is Andrew Luck.

JMV: That’s true.

Kravitz: So I would not rule him out completely, but I’m hearing a lot of the Peyton stuff too, but nothing solid.

JMV: What do you think about that idea? Let’s just say, hypothetically, that’s it. Let’s just say hypothetically he’d be willing not to take ownership, part ownership, of a team moving forward and take a decision-making job organizationally in some capacity, how would you feel about that?

Kravitz: Well I think it’s risky, but I think it’s high risk, high reward. I think, look, the guy is brilliant when it comes to football and he’s got the beautiful mind when it comes to the game, and I think that he would learn very quickly. But one of the things with John Elway - and believe me, Peyton Manning would love to get over on John Elway in this capacity – but John Elway was the general manager of the Denver AFL team for a little while, so he had some experience in scouting and dealing with salary caps and things like that. But I think if Peyton were to come back he would surround himself with a lot of people who have been in the business, who know the ropes, and could show him the ropes. So what the heck, we’ve got a president-elect with no experience in politics, so why not a general manager, right? What the hell? It’s only a football team!

JMV: Umm… yeah. I…

Kravitz: Threw you for a loop there, didn’t I?

JMV: Yeah, and that’s fine too, I need to be thrown for a loop – I think the full court press is on for that right now, and that’s what leads me to this, because I didn’t buy that, even with what I’ve been told I really didn’t buy that that is going to be the case. It seems like you better have a really lofty plan B in this case if you’re spending so much time as we believe, as we would think or been told he might be on Plan A, if you know what I mean

21586465_1540990285987230_7402613688763751025_o.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
He was really good though. Fun to watch.

Andrew Luck:
Top 10 in virtually every passing category including getting knocked down and hurried by defenses.
Having a Saquon Barkley and a line that can protect might propel him into Top 5. How many teams have a qb you would trade Luck for? Aaron Rodgers, Matt Ryan are the only two I would even consider. Certainly wouldn’t for Marriott, Bortles, Winston and the like. Sounds like elite to me. Colts need to help him as they did Peyton.

VN Store

Back