The Official #5 Tennessee vs Tennessee Tech Tuesday Game Thread (6:30 PM)

Lipscomb and Belmont are playing right now, we play them both in the coming mid weeks.

The couch monster tackled me last night and I fell asleep. I just watched the replay and what an exciting team and season so far! These guys seem to genuinely like to be around each other and have a good time.

That’s one series you highlighted. He attempted 5 steals on 3 consecutive series. Adjustments were made and he still beat throws by 5 min.
Perhaps the “pickoff” was there at 2nd precisely because he knew nobody was covering 2nd and nobody was holding him on hence his lead. If he had been held, he likely doesn’t get as big of a lead and the pickoff you’re going on and on about, likely isn’t “there”.
Highlighted the first series of stolen bases because it felt like that was the turning point of the game. We had a 2-1 lead with 2 outs and our pitcher had retired 5 of the last 6. When Bradfield was on 2nd, it looked to me that with just a signal of some kind from our mid infielders and pitcher that we could have picked him off easily. If we had picked him off, it likely shuts down the run game for a few innings because it sends a message and embarrasses the runner picked off. It just felt like the momentum swung entirely in Vandy’s favor when Bradfield eventually scored a few pitches later. I was also pointing out that Greer was not at fault on those first two stolen bases.

I agree with everyone else though that all factors equal, Greer can’t throw out runners like Pav.

Auburn beats Jacksonville St, B10, 8-7 with a walk off to win a 1 run game for a change.

I haven’t really read all the Bradfield “stealing” posts, but the dude is 26 for 28 and we have one of the outs. No one is catching him....

Reactions: vol66
I haven’t really read all the Bradfield “stealing” posts, but the dude is 26 for 28 and we have one of the outs. No one is catching him....

Yeah, what a weapon to have, everyone in the stadium knows it’s coming, he’s gonna win that battle most of the time.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710

VN Store

Back