The Official #5 Tennessee vs Tennessee Tech Tuesday Game Thread (6:30 PM)

You just explained why you think we have up stolen bases this weekend and tonight. You actually believe it’s the new catcher. I don’t know which is worse... you truly believing that or you being to scared to say it.

While I don’t think he is as good as Pav or has an arm like Pav, this is not on him. You are dead wrong ‘pardner’ and you should pay attention from left field. Holding the run game down is a collective effort from multiple people and it starts with coaches calling picks which didn’t happen Sunday or tonight.
Thank for splaining that. I understand better now.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
You just explained why you think we gave up stolen bases this weekend and tonight. You actually believe it’s the new catcher. I don’t know which is worse... you truly believing that or you being to scared to say it.

While I don’t think he is as good as Pav or has an arm like Pav, this is not on him. You are dead wrong ‘pardner’ and you should pay attention from left field. Holding the run game down is a collective effort from multiple people and it starts with coaches calling picks which didn’t happen Sunday or tonight.
IDK about tonight but the vandy kid may still be living in the heads of our pitching staff. That kid was responsible for double the hits he was credited with because every time he got on base our pitcher went all to 💩 and couldn’t concentrate on throwing to the batter.
GBO!!

Don’t thank me. Apologize to Greer and we are all square.

I’ll take this one. If you think for one second Vandy’s strategy, once Pav was out, didn’t change I question your train of thought. Period. Greer eventually got him, good throw, but he slid off the bag and that’s how we got him. Now it’s on film.

IDK about tonight but the vandy kid may still be living in the heads of our pitching staff. That kid was responsible for double the hits he was credited with because every time he got on base our pitcher went all to 💩 and couldn’t concentrate on throwing to the batter.
GBO!!

We have plenty of pitchers that can hold runners close and give our catcher a good chance to throw them out. Coaches put those pickoff plays on though and for whatever reason they never did. Cost us tonight with that kid taking 3rd and scoring on an infield hit and changed the game against Vandy. Bradfield was giving us out 3 when he was on 2nd and if we pick his little ass off it would have changed the complexion of that game.

I’ll take this one. If you think for one second Vandy’s strategy, once Pav was out, didn’t change I question your train of thought. Period. Greer eventually got him, good throw, but he slid off the bag and that’s how we got him. Now it’s on film.

Not you too. You do realize when Enrique got on base that we didn’t throw over and hold him close. That gives your catcher no shot. Happened again tonight.
Now later when the game was out of hand we picked and held him close and it gave Greer a chance. I was irritated more with not picking him off at 2nd when we had a 2-1 lead in the Vandy game. He was literally giving us that 3rd out and if you watch the tape he was picked off if we had a pick play on. Instead we gave him 3rd and he scored on a ball that didn’t get out of the infield and that changed the game.

I agree that Greer is no Pav but we can help him out by holding runners close.

OJJ, I have a sneaky suspicion that you help pay my salary by regularly attending local watering holes around the Knoxville area.
I’m just going out on a limb here but I’m giving you a shout out and a thank you!😎😉
GBO!!
I actually do not live in Knoxville right now. I live in Southwest VA. But whenever I'm in town, I take good care of the local bartender. Where do you work? I would be glad to come drop some money and take care of you guys.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Not you too. You do realize when Enrique got on base that we didn’t throw over and hold him close. That gives your catcher no shot. Happened again tonight.
Now later when the game was out of hand we picked and held him close and it gave Greer a chance. I was irritated more with not picking him off at 2nd when we had a 2-1 lead. He was literally giving us that 3rd out and if you watch the tape he was picked off if we had a pick play on. Instead we gave him 3rd and he scored on a ball that didn’t get out of the infield and that changed the game.

I agree that Greer is no Pav but we can help him out by holding runners close.

I will say this and that’s it. We threw over in that series more than we have in any other. We tried to hold him at 1B, we tried to hold him at at 2B, we even tried the Ole fake to 1B go to third. At the end of the day, they were stealing at will. They didn’t respect his arm, and more importantly it takes the pitcher’s focus off the batter and just getting the out. Vandy achieved what they set out to do, either way you slice it. Tip the cap and move on.

You just explained why you think we gave up stolen bases this weekend and tonight. You actually believe it’s the new catcher. I don’t know which is worse... you truly believing that or you being to scared to say it.

They threw over to first on Enrique 3x on one series WTH are you talking about? Did you miss when Luc rung his bell he hit him so hard with the tag? He threw over once more and then he was gone on the first move to home. On Friday & Saturday Vandy had 17 base runners and attempted 1 steal total. On Sunday they had 18 base runners and attempted 8 steals. What changed between Fri-Sat and Sunday? It wasn’t our pitchers inability or unwillingness to hold runners close.

They threw over to first on Enrique 3x on one series WTH are you talking about? Did you miss when Luc rung his bell he hit him so hard with the tag? He threw over once more and then he was gone on the first move to home. On Friday & Saturday Vandy had 17 base runners and attempted 1 steal total. On Sunday they had 18 base runners and attempted 8 steals. What changed between Fri-Sat and Sunday? It wasn’t our pitchers inability or unwillingness to hold runners close.
Another noob
Need to talk less and listen more.

Don’t thank me. Apologize to Greer and we are all square.
I went out of my way not to mention a really good kid, living his dream, who has contributed to the success of this team. The drunker I get, the more your childish ass pisses me off.

@OldTimer consider the ban hammer.

Reactions: vol66
I went out of my way not to mention a really good kid, living his dream, who has contributed to the success of this team. The drunker I get, the more your childish ass pisses me off.

@OldTimer consider the ban hammer.

I feel the same way, I regret it getting the better of me, but it just wasn’t baseball true. Any opposing coach would have done it.

Reactions: txbo
I feel the same way, I regret it getting the better of me, but it just wasn’t baseball true. Any opposing coach would have done it.
Yep. Some arguments aren’t worth winning. I’m a big fan of Greer. Bet we see more heroics from him this year. Love a Cinderella story.

Reactions: vol66
You were graceful as usual....for a noob.

Yep. Some arguments aren’t worth winning. I’m a big fan of Greer. Bet we see more heroics from him this year. Love a Cinderella story.

True. He’s gonna be in the mix, gaining valuable experience is always worth while in my noob book.

Reactions: txbo

VN Store

Back