The Official #5 Tennessee vs Tennessee Tech Tuesday Game Thread (6:30 PM)

You all are pitiful and lazy. I gave you the damn facts and you act like children. I went back and looked again and here are the undisputed facts.

Enrique reached 1st in the 3rd innning and it was 2-1 us. He stole 2nd on the first damn pitch. No throws to 1st were made and the first pitch was a breaking ball. Tell me how that is holding a runner close and giving Greer a decent chance to throw him out. Hey let’s not pick with the fastest guy in the SEC on 1st and also let’s throw a 1st pitch breaking ball and then we can blame Greer for him stealing. Pathetic and you should apologize to Greer.

Enrique then had a huge lead at 2nd because our middle infielders were playing in the outfield turf. Tidwell sees he is going and he does something on his own accord which was an inside move and Enrique was dead meat but no one was covering. That should have been the 3rd out. Enrique took 3rd on the 2nd pitch and subsequently scored. All the other picks you all are referring to happened later but the game was already altered by not holding Enrique close.

Watch the damn tape, then apologize to Greer. We could have sent a message and embarrassed Enrique by picking him off at 2nd when we had the lead. It was there for the taking and our coaches chose to play our mid infield in the outfield turf.

You all are pitiful and lazy. I gave you the damn facts and you act like children. I went back and looked again and here are the undisputed facts.

Enrique reached 1st in the 3rd innning and it was 2-1 us. He stole 2nd on the first damn pitch. No throws to 1st were made and the first pitch was a breaking ball. Tell me how that is holding a runner close and giving Greer a decent chance to throw him out. Hey let’s not pick with the fastest guy in the SEC on 1st and also let’s throw a 1st pitch breaking ball and then we can blame Greer for him stealing. Pathetic and you should apologize to Greer.

Enrique then had a huge lead at 2nd because our middle infielders were playing in the outfield turf. Tidwell sees he is going and he does something on his own accord which was an inside move and Enrique was dead meat but no one was covering. That should have been the 3rd out. Enrique took 3rd on the 2nd pitch and subsequently scored. All the other picks you all are referring to happened later but the game was already altered by not holding Enrique close.

Watch the damn tape, then apologize to Greer. We could have sent a message and embarrassed Enrique by picking him off at 2nd when we had the lead. It was there for the taking and our coaches chose to play our mid infield in the outfield turf.
That’s one series you highlighted. He attempted 5 steals on 3 consecutive series. Adjustments were made and he still beat throws by 5 min.
Perhaps the “pickoff” was there at 2nd precisely because he knew nobody was covering 2nd and nobody was holding him on hence his lead. If he had been held, he likely doesn’t get as big of a lead and the pickoff you’re going on and on about, likely isn’t “there”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Titan05
I will say, after getting to watch last night, Hunley was very slow to the plate, and he did not do much to hold the runner. I feel like a guy with as much experience as him does not need a lot of help from the dugout with picks. It looked like Vitello was frustrated when we gave up a steal of 3rd with a lefty hitting. That is almost always a sign of stealing on the pitcher.

On a positive note, we gave up 4 hits, and I am pretty sure 3 of the 4 were infield singles or seeing-eye singles. So, our guys did a good job of limiting hard contact.

Reactions: txbo

I'm to lazy to read this.

Reactions: txbo
I actually do not live in Knoxville right now. I live in Southwest VA. But whenever I'm in town, I take good care of the local bartender. Where do you work? I would be glad to come drop some money and take care of you guys.
Well, I am in the adult beverage sales game, so there are a number of places from campus to Turkey creek and many in between, that I would appreciate the patronage.😎
GBO!!

VN Store

Back