The Official #5 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I was gonna say 1992. Lost to Bama then Arkansas at home then at USC jr. Choke job City.

2023- FL, Bama and KY - road
GA and A&M- home.
8-4 or 9-3 best case. Milton isn’t the man imo and defense won’t be much better.

Honestly for Milton, this is the best case. You never want to play because your starter gets hurt, but Milton gets to take over now since Hendon looks to be done.

Hell have a warmup game next week in Nashville. Hopefully we draw a NY6 bowl. Regardless, Milton has a two game head start to prepping for next season. We are in a good spot for next year.

Maybe people can stop with the "Put Milton in!" when things aren't going well. I look forward to seeing him next year, but I prefer Hooker on the field right now.
Absolutely. There is a reason that Milton got yanked last year and never saw the field again. Got an impressive arm but that means nothing when you can’t control it.

Reactions: Hopeful Vol
It’s not that we beat them. It’s that all season long we’ve seen improvements almost every game. Don’t you remember the Dooley/Jones/Pruitt teams that hardly ever could beat anyone ranked and gave away games they should win not once in a season, but at least a few times every year?

We took a step back in how we executed tonight, but if you think this is more of the same and we are “a fraud” or “low tier” and our achievements the last two years have been smoke and mirrors then you are blind.
I see absolutely ZERO progress on defense. None. Let me run this down for you.

Pitt game. Backup QB is so injured that Ray Charles could have known to blitz knowing he couldn't run away. Took literally the LAST PLAY OF OT to realize it and blitz.

Florida game. Richardson is being forced to pick our DBs apart because the run is all he had. What does Banks call? A spy? Nope. Richardson destroys us.

Bama game. See above Florida game.

Sorry, but no. We absolutely did not progress on defense this year. We didn't even maintain. It's been downhill since Georgia outside of the UTM game, which should have been Milton's all game long.

VN Store

Back