The Official #5 Tennessee @ South Carolina Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

South Carolina is getting away with holds left and right. What’s that old saying? “The fix is in?” I swear.

The calls would not have changed the outcome of the game, but would have really impacted the differential. Gotta give SC props for gameplans and some amazing accuracy by the QB.

Reactions: Voltopia
SC certainly did not need the calls, more specifically the lack of calls on the holding that kept their QB all night, but they got them. Games like that happen.... just like today in the Dallas Minn game. Bet they don't disband the team after losing 40-3.

As far as the DB coach, you don't think that CJH and our DC have provided additional resources to help with the most recognized defficiency on that side of the ball? CJH can assess whether or not any coach in America could have turned this sow's ear into a silk purse. They have about a half dozen DB's committed and may not be done. There is no value add to these shots, accept to poster's ego, certainly none for the program. There are no secrets to uncover.

What are you babbling about? Martinez is hot garbage and always has been. He's been canned more than tuna. He should have never been hired. UT is 130 out of 131 in pass defense. Inexcusable.

Poster's ego? What kind of dumb*ss nonsense is this? Move on, dude. You've got nothing.

What are you babbling about? Martinez is hot garbage and always has been. He's been canned more than tuna. He should have never been hired. UT is 130 out of 131 in pass defense. Inexcusable.

Poster's ego? What kind of dumb*ss nonsense is this? Move on, dude. You've got nothing.

Why don't you let CJH take care of his staff? If he thinks the problem can be fixed with coaches he will fix it. If he thinks that the coaches need a shot with better players than he provided them then he may keep them around with the array of DB signees they have coming in. He is a big boy and does not need condescending armchair coaches providing guidance in public forums.

Why don't you let CJH take care of his staff? If he thinks the problem can be fixed with coaches he will fix it. If he thinks that the coaches need a shot with better players than he provided them then he may keep them around with the array of DB signees they have coming in. He is a big boy and does not need condescending armchair coaches providing guidance in public forums.
It is hard for recovering BVS sufferers to let our head coaches take care of their staff considering that none of them since Johnny seem to have had the ability to do so correctly . Maybe Heup will be different 🤞

I don't have a choice but to let CJH take care of the staff. Nobody does. What kind of stupid question was that? Martinez is terrible. Epic levels of God-forsaken awful.

Have a good night, Mrs. Martinez.

I understand free treatment for those fans suffering from PTSD is available at the UT Medical Center by presenting your SC ticket stub. For those who were forced to watch on TV, a six pack of Bud Light is available at a discount at any participating Knoxville area convenience stores. For those outside the Knoxville viewing area, consider changing allegiance to SEC teams who remember to bring their defensive players to away games. For anyone else participating on the Volnation site, why?

Did the defense travel with the team? Asking for a friend.
I'm hearing from anonymous sources they skipped the South Carolina game and as a result may be suspended for the Vanderbilt game....

Stay tuned for further updates as I get them...

Boosters are demanding Banks and Martinez gone by the end of the year or they're looking at an 8 figure loss in checks next year. Heupel can try to keep them, but the University and White won't let it happen.

So you think CJH could have fixed this with the available DB room with a coach?
I'm not pointing fingers at Heupel. We wouldn't be NEAR where we are today if it weren't for him. He's completely turned the program around in 2 years and deserves. However, it's up to him to hold the coaches on his staff responsible. And I'm sure he will.

There is no question that DBs on the field against South Carolina are good enough to stop them and win that game. They proved it against everyone else we've played this season. Do we need to get better at DB? Of course we do. But it doesn't take a room full of world beaters to beat South Carolina. They played horrible. We coached horrible. But I'm sure CJH will fix it.

VN Store

Back