The Official #5 Tennessee @ Missouri Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

As soon as their seven footer got his fifth foul at about the ten minute mark or so- this game really turned - and quickly. Thanks to DK and everyone else getting their heads out of their asses.
Great win despite looking like crap for a lot of it. Sometimes you just gotta win ugly and let your better talent pave the way.
Also I thought it was a nice gesture by the zoos to not foul us any further with about twenty seconds to go. A lot of teams keep fouling at that point (and maybe they should have).
Last thought - the zoos hit a whole pile of low probability threes that normally don’t fall- take some of that away and this game looks a lot differently.
They didn't foul us anymore, and we didn't try to score, and then they went down and shot a three.

Reactions: VeeOhElEsYes
As soon as their seven footer got his fifth foul at about the ten minute mark or so- this game really turned - and quickly. Thanks to DK and everyone else getting their heads out of their asses.
Great win despite looking like crap for a lot of it. Sometimes you just gotta win ugly and let your better talent pave the way.
Also I thought it was a nice gesture by the zoos to not foul us any further with about twenty seconds to go. A lot of teams keep fouling at that point (and maybe they should have).
Last thought - the zoos hit a whole pile of low probability threes that normally don’t fall- take some of that away and this game looks a lot differently.
That’s the reason A&M got us. Hit a boatload of threes they don’t normally hit. They’ve come back to reality. I think we have some fun with them Saturday.

A road win is a road win but that 1st half video should be titled "How to lose a road game for Dummies". If UM had hit even 30% from the field they would have been down by 20. Whatever ill it is that causes these bad starts on the road they must cure it if they expect to go very far in any tournament. Tobe is starting to look like Wes Unseld out there.

Nice comparison. You are showing your age 😆

Maybe so, but you still didn’t explain why you feel differently?
Guess you missed the postgame handshake/exchange with Barnes. Barely shook his hand or made eye contact. Really awkward. Also b*tching to Oglesby half the game even though DK was getting mugged with no call every other time down the court.

Got the win and now back home vs aTm. I think we take them but A&M will look to bully TN. I think TN will come out with more energy and play well in front of a packed house.

Have a good night Volnation and GO VOLS!
Maybe the Awaka & Aidoo lineup could be helpful against A&M?

Still uploading but here's the link.

Tenn is soooooo talented it's crazy and is such a joy to watch. Some of the post game comments are negative, but seriously, rewatch the game when it's posted and look how you not only defeated gorilla ball, but crushed gorilla ball. IF you're interested and some of you caught it WHEN I said exactly what would happen, actually happened that Knecht was going to turn it on and gorilla ball was going to just "be over" and that's because of ALL the talent you guys have AND your coach.

The way to beat gorilla ball is to take the beating and think of that like letting some line out on a fishing rod. Then when the opp team is confident you yank the line hard by making what TWO of your players are capable of: Step back or deep 3's. Knecht has a GREAT step back. He created room for your big men to operate AND for ZZ to get open. THEN ...ZZ went to work while Knecht was a deke (decoy) ... meaning .... they had to go guard him no matter what because he connected on a couple of 3s and when they came to guard him he made some FGs: Because that's what happens when gorillas get tired and they ALWAYS do.

I give Barnes a LOT of credit for that win. He's a great coach with great players and knows what to do. Knecht could be (IDK all TN history), the best or most legendary player ever at UT.

Barnes learns more and more about how to optimize his team every game they play, win or lose and that is rare.

I seriously believe TN is a top 5 team that ANY team should be wary of playing. Whether you end up being 1 seed or even 3 seed, in the NCAA won't matter. They'll either be ready to make a run or they won't. They're ready RIGHT NOW and it's just a matter of not getting injury prone by overplaying Knecht or ZZ.

Enjoy this team like you enjoyed the 2022 UT baseball team. They're very similar: You have the players AND the coach to go far.

ETA: 2020 to 2022 (in last sentence)

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000
Maybe the Awaka & Aidoo lineup could be helpful against A&M?
I can’t recall their names but I think their guards were a bit quicker off the dribble than TN. I can’t recall the details but Awaka and Aidoo could be the best medicine if we can get enough perimeter shots from ZZ, Gainey and Knecht.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Still gonna lose
Bump. Terrible poster.

You posted different iterations of “the game is over” or “we lost” more than 5 times tonight. Take a lap.
Dude is an absolutely terrible poster. Negative Nancy or troll, can't decide which

We won and I’m furious
Nobody cares. Log off

The good news is that it’s the “A” teams turn to play Saturday.
When do the "A" posters show up. Looks like a lot of F posters in here tonight.

Reactions: berryvol
It doesn't appear that our sloppy play is going to hurt us. ESPN lead says that Tennessee finishes strong in win against Missouri. Lots of upsets lately. It's good we won.

VN Store

Back