The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

This team was never going to win the championship but they should have destroyed this team. But when you dont have any shooters and betting on your defense to carry you then you got problems
Wasn’t gonna destroy them, this is a top 20 Kenpom team. We could have had great control early, but our offense just let us down as usual

The primary critique I have of the staff is we didn't have any type of back up PG. Once ZZ went down there was no one to run the offense it was totally a game of hoping someone gets hot. FAU was way out on D and a good PG could have dissected the interior but for some reason we have no one that can run point

What y’all just witnessed was our best chance for a final four in history and we pulled a TN. Absolutely pitifu.

IMHO this team did a bit better than expected and esp w/o it's point guard.

The best chance we had for a F4 was against Loyola and then we lost Alexander. You gotta be healthy this time of the year

Reactions: volinbham
It's sad to say but the better team won this game. The officiating was fair. FAU out hustled us to get loose balls and rebounds. They were better prepared to attack on offense. Most of our shots in the last 24 minutes were fade away jumpers and highly contested 3 point shots. It was just a matter of time before FAU's shots started falling and they would take over the game.

AD White needs to have a chat with Barnes about recruiting some offense. Hopefully this rivalry with his brother gives him enough boldness to bring it up. Barnes is great, but neglecting depth at PG will keep him from true greatness.

PG and get an assistant to focus on bringing the offense into the 21st century with a little more variety and looks.

You know what they say about excuses. It didn’t seem to be a problem against duke and although ZZ is a tough competitor he isn’t particularly a difference maker. We just got beat by “Average Joes”.
ZZ most definitely is a difference maker. Not every game but there are games he carried this team. Highest assist total on the team . Don’t know how you can say the guy with the highest assists is not a difference maker. That assist guy is not Santi. ZZ had as many as 11 assist on some games and we had 12 total tonight . Noticed we did not have the ball movement tonight I have seen us have in some games. ZZ brings us more options.

Enjoy it while you can FAU. You are a Mid-Major. Your coach will likely get promoted to a real school and your AD given a new job. Then you can suck again and your fans can go back to cheering for whatever real school they actually root for.

The media went on a mission immediately after the Duke game to make sure that the refs would call a super tight game in FAUs favor. Tennessee most definitely does not stink. I have not seen a better team than Tennessee this year at its best (vs Gonzaga, Texas, Alabama, Kansas, Duke). This team is inconsistent. You have to be consistent to win.
Tennessee Basketball November-January was a ton of fun. After that, excepting the Bama and Arkansas games, not so much. Pretty good season, all things considering. I think if Barnes had hit on Key, things would have turned out much better. Unfortunately for all parties, the guy just couldn't deliver under the bright lights.

Barnes gets a little too sentimental with his recruiting. Its great when it works out (Grant, ZZ). Terrible when it doesn't.

Tough loss. Love this team. Really hope those guys decide to come back (I know I know, they probably won't) and really make a serious run. Winning it all is so hard. Y'all negavols on here acting like it should be easy. Smh..

Reactions: minorvol

VN Store

Back