The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

You know what they say about excuses. It didn’t seem to be a problem against duke and although ZZ is a tough competitor he isn’t particularly a difference maker. We just got beat by “Average Joes”.
He scored 15 points a game most nights.

The media went on a mission immediately after the Duke game to make sure that the refs would call a super tight game in FAUs favor. Tennessee most definitely does not stink. I have not seen a better team than Tennessee this year at its best (vs Gonzaga, Texas, Alabama, Kansas, Duke). This team is inconsistent. You have to be consistent to win.
Yeah, they were looking to job us with fouls but poor shooting and rebounding cost us this game.

Reactions: walkenvol
Our style runs formerly good offensive transfers into the ground. At this point, Uros is probably the best transfer of the Barnes era.
No big time transfer who can score will come here, and no high school high scorer wil ever come here bc Barnes handicaps then with his lame ass defense and then turns around and gets out rebounded by a mid major who out hustled, and muscled us tonight… it’s so frustrating watching this year n and year out.

Tennessee fans just can’t have nice things
Notre Dame in the supers
At South Carolina football
Now this
It’s nut shot after nut shut
This team was never going to win the championship but they should have destroyed this team. But when you dont have any shooters and betting on your defense to carry you then you got problems

We played hard, just got our asses whipped by a better team tonight which is so consistent for us in March. Always something

Pretty embarrassing performance. Listen, I’m happy we made a Sweet 16 and I’m going to remember that Duke win very fondly and overall this season was a success I guess, but to (most likely) have another path to your first Final Four right in front of you and a game against very very beatable team and to just lay an egg it’s so damn frustrating. So I’m going to vent and let my anger out so I don’t throw something at my TV. This just sucks.

Agree. I don’t understand it. Barnes must hire an offensive mind asst coach and recruit athletic players. It’s so difficult to win in March, very difficult. On paper, the bracket was set up perfectly for a showdown Vs. Kansas St. I’m shocked how we 💩 the bed the second half.

SEC basketball is now one of the 2-3 best leagues every year and has the best group of coaches in the country. Historically, yes it’s been mostly UK but it’s not going to be that way moving forward. The Big 10 always gets favorable seeding and usually way more teams in than they should but zero titles since 2000 so how is the Big 10 so good in your mind?

It still hasn't shown up in March yet with the exception of that Bruce Pearl Auburn run which is a while ago now. Tennessee and Alabama should have both have Final Fours the last 2-3 years. Let's see if Alabama can do it, their bracket is trash but I still haven't seen it out of them.

SEC teams don't make Final Fours (or rarely even Elite 8s and Sweet 16s). Butler would be a top 5 SEC program with its history.

We never looked comfortable at all shooting the ball. Looked like we were overthinking every shot. I think the moment was too big for us.

No big time transfer who can score will come here, and no high school high scorer wil ever come here bc Barnes handicaps then with his lame ass defense and then turns around and gets out rebounded by a mid major who out hustled, and muscled us tonight… it’s so frustrating watching this year n and year out.
Maybe we can get Zava to come here (sorry if you don’t watch Ted Lasso)!

Lame ass defense that beat 5 top teams in the country

At what point do you start to place blame on the player ? Bottom line is they have a job. That job is to score points and prevent the other from scoring. It's not a complicated game. Missing layups on Barnes ? What about free throws ? How many free throws you shoot as a kid ? They have to show up and play the game.

Having more than 1 PG would fix some issues I'm sure.

Reactions: jbr82

VN Store

Back