The Official #4 Tennessee vs. #9 Florida Atlantic NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, TBS

As pathetic as Olivier was tonight, Key takes the crown for worst player on the court. Dude killed our momentum about a half dozen times with bricks
I agree, but what the hell have we gotten out of our 5 star Phillips?

You could see the pall overtake this team with 4 minutes to go in the 1st half. The basket closed up and the ball started bouncing directly to FAU, they never came out of it. It's been their Achilles heel all season. They could have easily blown this game open in the 1st half but they missed their last 10 or 12 shots and let them back in the game. Well, I am sure they feel worse than we do but that was a weak way to go out. Disappointing finish, I won't say effort because I did not see much effort.

Good season but a really disappointing ending. I guess we should have been expecting one of those offensive clunkers that we’ve thrown up at times. This might have been one of the all time clunkers. Looked like a bad church league team shooting the ball. And to be out rebounded by Tattoo and his band of Munchkins is worse than pitiful.

Told my wife that we were in trouble after basically dominating the first half and were only up by 5. Didn’t think it would get worse though. Boy was I wrong. We did not deserve to go any farther than we did.[/YOTYoE]

You could see it from a mile a way. They were getting comfortable and their coach was making adjustments. Ours did nothing.

B1G has teams like Illinois that have made the Title Game. Put the leagues in comparison on # of Final Fours, Sweet 16s, etc. They kill the SEC.

Half of the SEC's march success is Kentucky and only Kentucky.

It is actually quite pathetic that schools like Alabama, Tennessee, Vandy, Ole Miss, etc. with resources have NEVER made Final Fours but Butler has made multiple, George Mason has, FGCU has, Loyola has and more, etc.

There is no reason the SEC shouldn't have teams in contention with Final Four and making Elite 8s every year.
SEC basketball is now one of the 2-3 best leagues every year and has the best group of coaches in the country. Historically, yes it’s been mostly UK but it’s not going to be that way moving forward. The Big 10 always gets favorable seeding and usually way more teams in than they should but zero titles since 2000 so how is the Big 10 so good in your mind?

Barnes have had offensive teams with Grant and Admiral-- It's not his fault. He creates great teams. I prayed he would win mostly so I didn't have to hear so called fans yell that he needs to be fired or he's not a good enough coach.
This us the pattern every year so whose fault is if the team is not ready to play time after time?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Very nice season by Vols considering injuries. Duke game was special. Madly inconsistent squad overall and Rick has to get a more productive transfer guard than Tyreke. Vescovi will sorely be missed. Kansas State would have destroyed Tennessee minus Zeigler and it would have been fun to see a healthy Zakai go against Noelle who is a great player. Anyway FAU is a solid team that shot and rebounded well. Their overall athleticism and depth were the difference. I will miss seeing these guys play.

Barnes needs to recruit some Admirals. Show some emotion and heart, dang it. That last huddle no one seemed to be that bothered by the choke. I can't believe I'm saying this, but someone out there cry lol
I don’t think we choked. We played like we have since January.

Reactions: Frozevol
Key was bad all year--except for one or two games. A marginal player. If we were expecting him to help win a Sweet 16 game, we
were in trouble....

VN Store

Back