The Official #3 Tennessee vs. Alabama Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Bowden looked good tonight. Should have fed him more. The problem is they assume it’s going to be Williams or Schofield. But any one of these guys has the ability to carry the team. Need to go w the hot hand. Not just assume Schofield is going to get going. And Hall is and has been a very tough matchup for grant . Dude has some legit monkey arms

Yep, no doubt about that.

Reactions: Vols All Day
We took their best shot in the second half, didn't exactly play our A game. Still won. I'm happy.

an omen - last time the Vols ranked # 1 they lost to freakin Vandy the very next game -- hope that never happens again

The defender was definitely under the basket but when he lowers the shoulder, the call goes that way every single time.

The problem, as Dykes pointed out, was that the defender wasn’t in guarding position. An offensive player can lead with a shoulder if the defender isn’t on the spot and in guarding position. The defender had his body at an angle. The NCAA changed the interpretation of rules for freedom of movement a few years ago. I don’t believe the officials are always using that interpretation.

I think Alabama has a nice team but how on earth did they lose at home to Texas A&M? The Aggies are atrocious.

Well, had we been able to throw it in the ocean, reduced all the uncharacteristic mistakes, and not had #23 go full StephCurry, then we rout them. But, I give em credit. They refused to fold and almost got rewarded for it. They've got issues tho.

How many dunks does Donta Hall have against us in his career? Dude could fill a highlight reel. Plus they stymied GW in the 2nd half.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
Great to see Pearl roaming the sidelines of a college game. Really good coach.

That team is a wide open 3 raining controlled chaos group. They can beat anyone. But they'll lose more too as well. That place will be rockin' and they'll be hyped for us. We'll see what we are that night.

That team is a wide open 3 raining controlled chaos group. They can beat anyone. But they'll lose more too as well. That place will be rockin' and they'll be hyped for us. We'll see what we are that night.

I'm sure I'll need some kind of heart medication when watching that game.
I was almost certainly a basket case this afternoon.

an omen - last time the Vols ranked # 1 they lost to freakin Vandy the very next game -- hope that never happens again

giphy.gif

The game was way too close and almost gave me a heart attack.

We WON so I'm very happy.

I wish we could go undefeated the rest of this season.

May as well wish big, LOL!

VFL...GBO!!!

Mark of a very good team with the win today. Shots didn't fall and the other teams were yet we made our free throws and didn't give up. Alabama lost the game at the free throw line imho.

We will move up next week thanks to Wisconsin beating Michigan today and Happ had a hell of a game for Wisconsin.

I never felt like they were shook. I actually felt, for once, confident that they would find a way to win. That doesn’t change the fact that Alabama was brutal from the line in the second half and our on ball defense is poor at times. Which causes problems when guys have to help. We also had trouble getting matched up early in defensive possessions. Again, I didn’t feel like we would lose the game.
I agree with you. I also thought we were forcing a lot of bad shots on the offensive end. The offense didn’t seem to flow today. We are gonna get a lot of opponents best efforts the rest of the way.
GBO!!

Reactions: Rockytoprowdy
I agree with you. I also thought we were forcing a lot of bad shots on the offensive end. The offense didn’t seem to flow today. We are gonna get a lot of opponents best efforts the rest of the way.
GBO!!

A lot of the offense’s troubles were caused by Alabama. Also had a ton of shots not go down that normally do. Especially early in the game. As a player, nothing is more frustrating than feeling like there’s a lid on your basket while a player for the other team could hit shots with his eyes closed. This teams experience is what won the game today.

A lot of the offense’s troubles were caused by Alabama. Also had a ton of shots not go down that normally do. Especially early in the game. As a player, nothing is more frustrating than feeling like there’s a lid on your basket while a player for the other team could hit shots with his eyes closed. This teams experience is what won the game today.
Rowdy, did you play college ball?

VN Store

Back