The Official #3 Tennessee vs. Alabama Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN2

I thought it was a fairly clean officiated game. Compared to what we’re used to seeing in this league...
GBO!!

Brian Shea (bald guy) is not very good. I have complained about him in the past. He has called some terrible games for us. I don’t know why I remember this, but I want to say he was the ref who ejected Pearl in a home game his last year (maybe College of Charleston?).

I'm not at all surprised this was a tough game. Alabama's not a good match up for us. I'm quite pleased with the win. There are always things a team can do better in the college game. Hopefully they'll improve and learn but they are college kids.

One really nice thing in the wake of this sort of a win is knowing Tennessee has about a good a basketball coach as there is to help them fix the problems and stay on track.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
I was worried @ this game, UAs length, athleticism, and physicality. The refs let em play from the git go. We had a chance to run away w this in the first half. But, we took a lot of wrong shots and couldn't throw it in the ocean and let em back in it. Glad our guys gutted it out and finally locked up #23. Dude went nuts!
Good win when we made a ton of defensive and offensive mistakes. Bama nearly pulled it off.

Brian Shea (bald guy) is not very good. I have complained about him in the past. He has called some terrible games for us. I don’t know why I remember this, but I want to say he was the ref who ejected Pearl in a home game his last year (maybe College of Charleston?).
I think I’ve complained about every official in the SEC tbh.
GBO!!

Wasn't the questionable call at the end that beat Bama. It was as usual their FT shooting. Left 10 on the line and have to wonder if Johnson is even capable of addressing the problem.

I agree with you on Bowden, but Hall took some rebounds away from Alexander. So I don’t know if Alexander would have been able to score over Hall. Hall’s athleticism caused problems for Alexander, Williams, and Schofield.
Well Hall is a better rebounder. That’s not what I’m talking about. Alexander is a senior. He’s got the size and some moves around the rim. I’m confident w him against Hall.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Michigan also got beat.

Upsets are going to happen but we’re still a great team who had to fight for a win.

No quit in these boys.

Yeah and if they didn’t have a guy come off the bench and play outta his mind, we win by 20. Guys saying this team was “shook” are crazy! This team did play like garbage today(give bama credit) but never were they “shook.” This team doesn’t get rattled and that’s the thing I like the most about them!
GBO!!

I never felt like they were shook. I actually felt, for once, confident that they would find a way to win. That doesn’t change the fact that Alabama was brutal from the line in the second half and our on ball defense is poor at times. Which causes problems when guys have to help. We also had trouble getting matched up early in defensive possessions. Again, I didn’t feel like we would lose the game.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Great win from my perspective. So much "we are great" karma all week I expected a loss from the basketball gods. Plus Bama always gives us fits. Might be #1 on Monday but I think the winner of Duke/Virginia vaults us.

VA will be if they win @ Duke. If Duke wins, I think it's us and them 2. They lost this week to an unranked(iirc) at home.

Duke is already #1, so they wouldn't have to vault us... However, show me a team that has ever lost at home to an unranked opponent without dropping at least one spot in the rankings the next week. I think we are #1 next week if Duke wins... Now, if Virginia wins? Yes, they could vault us.
Duke lost earlier in the week so i would assume that drops them a few spots with two losses now. If the beat VA, VA wont move up. Putting us 1st

I agree but........shoulda woulda coulda sometimes is easier said than done.
Bowden looked good tonight. Should have fed him more. The problem is they assume it’s going to be Williams or Schofield. But any one of these guys has the ability to carry the team. Need to go w the hot hand. Not just assume Schofield is going to get going. And Hall is and has been a very tough matchup for grant . Dude has some legit monkey arms (no racist)

Duke is already #1, so they wouldn't have to vault us... However, show me a team that has ever lost at home to an unranked opponent without dropping at least one spot in the rankings the next week. I think we are #1 next week if Duke wins... Now, if Virginia wins? Yes, they could vault us.
Was the poll taken before Duke's last loss?

I was worried @ this game, UAs length, athleticism, and physicality. The refs let em play from the git go. We had a chance to run away w this in the first half. But, we took a lot of wrong shots and couldn't throw it in the ocean and let em back in it. Glad our guys gutted it out and finally locked up #23. Dude went nuts!
Good win when we made a ton of defensive and offensive mistakes. Bama nearly pulled it off.
I think Alabama has a nice team but how on earth did they lose at home to Texas A&M? The Aggies are atrocious.

Reactions: sport3500

VN Store

Back