The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Sorry I just got home. I am starting to look up some info on the stuff I have. A few I know what they are and a few I'm not 100% sure yet.

View attachment 476323
I remember passing on a DCM shoot ($50 fee) to get an M1 Garand thinking it would be a piece of junk. My buddies did it and brought them to the range the next weekend. My jaw dropped at the condition they were in. The cosmoline did a great job. I've regretted that decision ever since.

Have you tried the Glock 43x? For somebody with big hands like me, I think it’s perfect. I went to the store to get a 365xl, but tried the 43x and it felt so much better. Got the shield arms mags and carry 15+1 like the 19, but more compact, like the 365xl. I love it

I actually just held a 43x. I thought it was pretty nifty. I do wish Glock would make mags like shield arms does.

Reactions: ACvol3
The 1st one is a Marlin 30-30, the 2nd one is a Fabrique Nationale (or FN) Model 1949 I think not sure of the caliber yet since they made a few different ones. 3rd one is a Carl Gustafs Stads I know its in 6.5 x 55 Sweden because I have one about like it. The other three Mausers I'm taking apart now. Two of them have no markings on the outside and the other only has a stamped date.
Those Swedes are nice shooting guns. No cartouche markings on the mausers?

The 1st one is a Marlin 30-30, the 2nd one is a Fabrique Nationale (or FN) Model 1949 I think not sure of the caliber yet since they made a few different ones. 3rd one is a Carl Gustafs Stads I know its in 6.5 x 55 Sweden because I have one about like it. The other three Mausers I'm taking apart now. Two of them have no markings on the outside and the other only has a stamped date.
With those mausers, I'd recommend getting chamber castings done if you can find identifying markings/ cartouches or anything of the like. I had a MAS-36 a couple years ago that was professionally sportified by Golden State Arms in the 40s. The company had rechambered alot of their line and had to get a casting done. In the end, it turned out to be chambered in 7.5 x 54mm French.

Reactions: C1500
Thanks. Ordered it. Came in today. I got the whole kit. Buffer tube, spring, buffer, etc.

Much to my surprise, when I looked at my 6933 SBR, it had an "H" buffer. I would have expected H2. This explains the brass marks on the deflector. This is my duty, CQB, and HD rifle. While I admit to being "Queer for Colt", I upgraded with a 6933 EPR upper (I have two of them now); Aimpoint Comp M4S optic; Magpul metal BUS; Raptor CH; and TLR-1HL lights, on both of the uppers. The 6933 lower sports a Geisselle e-SSA trigger; Hogue grip; and Magpul MS-1 two point sling. I run Hornady 75 TAP SBR in this gun, and I am dialed in on a 50/200 (MPBR) zero. The gun is much better than the shooter, but I made a pass through a 180 degree "kill house" with it a few months back, and at 59 years old, I ran (just) under time and went 12/12 on "shoot" targets, including two headshots on hostage-holder targets. Not bad for an old white guy.

A co-worker who has forgotten more about the AR-15 platform than I will ever know, and who does all of my gun work, suggested I look at an aftermarket buffer system after he shot it. He, too, suggested the Spikes. I threw it out here to see what I got. So I went with Spikes, and he will install it tomorrow afternoon. Also going to do a minor tweak to my thermal 6721. As soon as that buffer system is in, we are going to go shoot it to confirm operation. He tells me I'll be pleased. I've seen enough of his work to already know he's right.

So, thanks. Funny, this all started with GV...how many years ago now, GV?...and now I am at a point where I am comfortable engaging from point blank to roughly 200 yards...inside or out...night or day...and whether you're moving or not. All I have to do is pick the right platform.

And yes, in true "GV fashion", I have enough ammo to fight a small war.

Go Vols.

I do recall mentioning an H2 buffer before...

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
Men are happier people

What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours. Wedding plans take care of themselves. Chocolate is just another snack. You can never be pregnant. You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park. You can wear NO shirt to a water park.

Car mechanics tell you the truth. The world is your urinal. You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky. You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt. Wrinkles add character.

Wedding dress - $5,000. Tux rental - $100. People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them. New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet. One mood all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat. You know stuff about tanks.

A five-day vacation requires only one suitcase. You can open all your own jars. You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness. If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend. Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack. Two pairs of shoes are more than enough.

You almost never have strap problems in public. You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes. Everything on your face stays its original color. The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades. You only have to shave your face and neck.

You can play with toys all your life. One wallet and one pair of shoes - one color for all seasons. You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look. You can 'do' your nails with a pocket knife.

You have freedom of choice concerning growing a mustache. You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives on December 24 in 25 minutes . No wonder men are happier!

I got $1,000 in the lot.
If you would, please provide an update on the Mausers once you figure out country of origin and caliber. I am a huge Mauser fan. I have a WWI and a WWII 8mm Mausers. One day, I'll expand with some Argentinian and Spanish Mausers. Ammo is hard to find for the 8mm, there only like 4 Manufactures left (that I've found that regularly produce ammo). Norma, Remington, PPU, and Seller and Beloit. I reload what I have (I have a couple thousand rounds; a mix of FMJ and some SP-BTs for hunting).

If you would, please provide an update on the Mausers once you figure out country of origin and caliber. I am a huge Mauser fan. I have a WWI and a WWII 8mm Mausers. One day, I'll expand with some Argentinian and Spanish Mausers. Ammo is hard to find for the 8mm, there only like 4 Manufactures left (that I've found that regularly produce ammo). Norma, Remington, PPU, and Seller and Beloit. I reload what I have (I have a couple thousand rounds; a mix of FMJ and some SP-BTs for hunting).

Will do. I think I have around 500 rounds of 8mm and close to the same for 7mm Mauser. I have a post floating around here somewhere of my Mauser collection. I'll try to find it and link it here.

I'm going to my local gun smith this weekend for us to try and hunt down some information. Once I get back I'll post what I found.

We need to meet up at some point and talk guns lol.
I still have that box of ammo I told you I would save back for you.

Now that I’m…….retired isn’t the right word…..I don’t know what I am….. I’m trying to put trips together

VN Store

Back