The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

This 10/22 is an absolute cheat code. I was pinging the 50 yard steel target like it was a typewriter. Down the line I will probably get the Magpul Backpacker stock, a red dot and a suppressor. For the time being, it’s perfect. A lot more fun than my AR.

View attachment 473109

Sometimes manufacturers knock it out of the park on a design that will last until we get the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

The 10/22 is certainly one of Ruger's best contributions to the list.

Sometimes manufacturers knock it out of the park on a design that will last until we get the phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

The 10/22 is certainly one of Ruger's best contributions to the list.

The firearms industry is weird. There is no “best” manufacturer out there. I own five Ruger firearms, but it’s not a brand you would see me flaunting. They make a good gun at a fair price.

I can see why people love the 10/22. Silly accurate and fun to shoot fast. 22LR is a great cartridge too. It has enough kick where it feels like a real gun, but it is silly easy to manage and just enjoy the fundamentals.

The firearms industry is weird. There is no “best” manufacturer out there. I own five Ruger firearms, but it’s not a brand you would see me flaunting. They make a good gun at a fair price.

I can see why people love the 10/22. Silly accurate and fun to shoot fast. 22LR is a great cartridge too. It has enough kick where it feels like a real gun, but it is silly easy to manage and just enjoy the fundamentals.
I have the Ruger 10/22 in in the ranch rifle.
I love shooting it.

Reactions: Nerd-Vol
In fact

• We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are … endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights…. That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men…. That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. … Mankind are more disposed to suffer, while Evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the Forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long Train of Abuses and Usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object, evinces a Design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their Right, it is their Duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Reactions: Tnslim1
Give this a look. It filled with tungsten powder. Quiet and smooth for not a lot of money.

Spike's Tactical ST-T2 Tungsten Heavy Buffer - 4.0oz

Thanks. Ordered it. Came in today. I got the whole kit. Buffer tube, spring, buffer, etc.

Much to my surprise, when I looked at my 6933 SBR, it had an "H" buffer. I would have expected H2. This explains the brass marks on the deflector. This is my duty, CQB, and HD rifle. While I admit to being "Queer for Colt", I upgraded with a 6933 EPR upper (I have two of them now); Aimpoint Comp M4S optic; Magpul metal BUS; Raptor CH; and TLR-1HL lights, on both of the uppers. The 6933 lower sports a Geisselle e-SSA trigger; Hogue grip; and Magpul MS-1 two point sling. I run Hornady 75 TAP SBR in this gun, and I am dialed in on a 50/200 (MPBR) zero. The gun is much better than the shooter, but I made a pass through a 180 degree "kill house" with it a few months back, and at 59 years old, I ran (just) under time and went 12/12 on "shoot" targets, including two headshots on hostage-holder targets. Not bad for an old white guy.

A co-worker who has forgotten more about the AR-15 platform than I will ever know, and who does all of my gun work, suggested I look at an aftermarket buffer system after he shot it. He, too, suggested the Spikes. I threw it out here to see what I got. So I went with Spikes, and he will install it tomorrow afternoon. Also going to do a minor tweak to my thermal 6721. As soon as that buffer system is in, we are going to go shoot it to confirm operation. He tells me I'll be pleased. I've seen enough of his work to already know he's right.

So, thanks. Funny, this all started with GV...how many years ago now, GV?...and now I am at a point where I am comfortable engaging from point blank to roughly 200 yards...inside or out...night or day...and whether you're moving or not. All I have to do is pick the right platform.

And yes, in true "GV fashion", I have enough ammo to fight a small war.

Go Vols.

Ordered a Shield Plus after watching reviews and comparisons. Don't think it'll replace the Hellcat, but it's another carry option.

s_w-m_p-shield-plus-nts-9mm-pistol-with-bug-out-bag-bundle_-black.jpg

Last edited:
I like my
Ordered a Shield Plus after watching reviews and comparisons. Don't think if it'll replace the Hellcat, but it's another carry option.

s_w-m_p-shield-plus-nts-9mm-pistol-with-bug-out-bag-bundle_-black.jpg

I liked my 2.0. Snappy, but every gun that size is. Let us know what you think of it.

I think I’m going to get a Glock 19 next year. As much as I like my 365XL it shoots more like a micro 9 than a compact double stack.

I like my

I liked my 2.0. Snappy, but every gun that size is. Let us know what you think of it.

I think I’m going to get a Glock 19 next year. As much as I like my 365XL it shoots more like a micro 9 than a compact double stack.
Will do. From everything I read/watched, it’s easier to shoot.

It was $549 for everything pictured.

If you’re interested in a Glock 19, look at Canik. TP9 SC Elite. Cheaper than Glock. Better trigger.

I really only own Glock because of the mags.

Last edited:
Will do. From everything I read/watched, it’s easier to shoot.

It was $549 for everything pictured.

If you’re interested in a Glock 19, look at Canik. TP9 SC Elite. Cheaper than Glock. Better trigger.

I really only own Glock because of the mags.

I’ve looked at the canik and would probably go with the SFX as a competition gun. I know they make really nice stuff at fair prices.

I’ll maybe try renting both at some point.

I’ve looked at the canik and would probably go with the SFX as a competition gun. I know they make really nice stuff at fair prices.

I’ll maybe try renting both at some point.
Can’t go wrong either way. You could always do what I did and get both 😂

So, if I had to choose only one, should I get a great condition Garand, a Springfield SOCOM16, or a Swiss Sig 551a1?

VN Store

Back