The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

talk to some LEOs, particularly in greater Nashville area or Memphis and what you'll learn is that reporting "having a gun stolen out of the car" is the go to CYA for straw purchasers who are buying guns for felons and/or child criminals.
In a similar vein to “I was just standing on the sidewalk and these people I don’t know drove up and shot me”.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I was just told that you can order M1 Garands now from the CMP for $650. The website is very confusing, though. Anyone with better info?

You have to send the form in by mail. You'll need a notary and either membership in a shooting club or a HCP. I haven't bought one in years so no clue what the turnaround time is right now but my guess would be "not great". Check CMP Forums, they have a Garand section that will give you an idea of how long it's taking and what kind of rifles are showing up.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Not sure if I already posted this, but...

ATN Thor OPMOD 4X/8X thermal scope. Very reasonable price; very solid thermal scope. Did a 50/200 zero, and POI is well within the capabilities of the ammo (TAP 75 SBR / 69 SMK) and the shooter.

I have NVG's as well (PVS-7), but the thermal scope let's me see you whether you are moving or not. Nice edge to have after dark.

Oh...sold my Aimpoint PRO and got another Aimpoint Comp M4S. Like the AA battery and battery life, and I have rechargeable AA's, so now my primary and backup HD uppers have M4S's, and I don't have to stock batteries for them.

Simple, effective, and reliable options.

I have the CX4 storm, was a birthday present to myself. It’s a very fun gun to shoot and super reliable. Lots of polymer even with the internal components. If you’re a trigger snob you won’t love the one on this as it’s a bit gritty and spongy but it works. It’s about as ambi as you can get with a gun as well. I add another cocking handle on the other side. Ended up with 3 extra with UPS and beretta botching the order so I have a couple extra if you need one. I went with the FDE MSR red dot which is ok but should’ve just got another Romeo 5. I put a steamlight laser/light combo on the extendable rail just for fun and also added a butt pad and cheap cabela’s sling.

View attachment 456172

Having shot the CX4, Ruger PCC, and the CZ Evo I definitely favor the CX4. What’s the brand of that aftermarket butt pad?

Having shot the CX4, Ruger PCC, and the CZ Evo I definitely favor the CX4. What’s the brand of that aftermarket butt pad?

I’ll have to look. I had to buy something with an amazon gift card so that’s what I got.

Pachmayr Decelerator Slip On Recoil Pad

VN Store

Back