The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

Nerd-Vol

Help me out folks. It’s been nearly a full week that I’ve had my 1911, which means it’s time to think about my next purchase. I’m a degenerate.

This time I want to keep it under $600 if not a lot less. Here are what I’m considering:

Ruger 10/22
384D4444-5D31-4F2B-B8B4-63198DE1F599.jpeg
Simple, cheap, classic. Currently I don’t care for shooting rifles very much, but perhaps I would benefit from a economical platform to work with. I would try to get the most basic version to keep costs low.

Glock 19:

89BF4E19-E593-44AC-8EC5-1FA620E01B3B.jpeg

This one I’m am not certain about. Now that I carry the P365XL, my mind starts wondering if I could conceal a Glock 19. The advantage over the P365XL is that it will feel and shoot much more like a full size handgun. The P365XL still shoots and behaves like a smaller gun. Big downside of the Glock is if I get it and I can’t conceal it comfortably, it would be money wasted.

Beretta CX-4 Storm
8D6BE043-08E3-4E96-A204-678766645AD9.jpeg

I like how it’s unique but practical. It would mainly be a range toy, but with a red dot and weapon light, it could be a decent home defense gun. Works with the same magazines as the 92 and chambered in 9mm so it’s cheaper to shoot than my AR. Downside is limited aftermarket and I may not get a lot of use out of it.

27D303DE-DDA1-42F0-B512-E7561673F0F8.png
I’m also thinking about a snub nose revolver, like a S&W J-frame. Always liked them, but realistically I don’t have a reason to carry one. I also don’t feel like adding another caliber to my inventory.

Can anyone chime in if they’ve had experience with any of the ones I’ve mentioned. I would love to hear what you all have liked and disliked. At this moment I feel like the 10/22 is the smart play financially and getting max usage at the range.

C-south

Help me out folks. It’s been nearly a full week that I’ve had my 1911, which means it’s time to think about my next purchase. I’m a degenerate.

This time I want to keep it under $600 if not a lot less. Here are what I’m considering:

Ruger 10/22
View attachment 456128
Simple, cheap, classic. Currently I don’t care for shooting rifles very much, but perhaps I would benefit from a economical platform to work with. I would try to get the most basic version to keep costs low.

Glock 19:

View attachment 456129

This one I’m am not certain about. Now that I carry the P365XL, my mind starts wondering if I could conceal a Glock 19. The advantage over the P365XL is that it will feel and shoot much more like a full size handgun. The P365XL still shoots and behaves like a smaller gun. Big downside of the Glock is if I get it and I can’t conceal it comfortably, it would be money wasted.

Beretta CX-4 Storm
View attachment 456130

I like how it’s unique but practical. It would mainly be a range toy, but with a red dot and weapon light, it could be a decent home defense gun. Works with the same magazines as the 92 and chambered in 9mm so it’s cheaper to shoot than my AR. Downside is limited aftermarket and I may not get a lot of use out of it.

View attachment 456132
I’m also thinking about a snub nose revolver, like a S&W J-frame. Always liked them, but realistically I don’t have a reason to carry one. I also don’t feel like adding another caliber to my inventory.

Can anyone chime in if they’ve had experience with any of the ones I’ve mentioned. I would love to hear what you all have liked and disliked. At this moment I feel like the 10/22 is the smart play financially and getting max usage at the range.
I have the CX4 storm, was a birthday present to myself. It’s a very fun gun to shoot and super reliable. Lots of polymer even with the internal components. If you’re a trigger snob you won’t love the one on this as it’s a bit gritty and spongy but it works. It’s about as ambi as you can get with a gun as well. I add another cocking handle on the other side. Ended up with 3 extra with UPS and beretta botching the order so I have a couple extra if you need one. I went with the FDE MSR red dot which is ok but should’ve just got another Romeo 5. I put a steamlight laser/light combo on the extendable rail just for fun and also added a butt pad and cheap cabela’s sling.

52A4D7E3-EB04-4AA9-B784-9547AE6A83F3.jpeg

GroverCleveland

22nd & 24th POTUS; non-Nobel Prize Winner

Ruger 10/22
View attachment 456128

Glock 19:

View attachment 456129

Beretta CX-4 Storm
View attachment 456130

View attachment 456132

I will add one you did not mention: a Ruger Single-Six. I have a 1958 model and I do not have a more fun gun to shoot. Plus, the grandkids all love It.

Nerd-Vol

I will add one you did not mention: a Ruger Single-Six. I have a 1958 model and I do not have a more fun gun to shoot. Plus, the grandkids all love It.
I have the dollar store version of the Single Six, the Ruger Wrangler. I enjoy it, but not enough to drop more coin on a fancier version.

It is great at dragging out that last box of 22LR at the end of the range day.

I think I’ll set some money aside for a 10/22 and scoop one the next time they go on sale or I can find one under $300 easy.

YankeeVol

This is the way

Ruger 10/22
View attachment 456128

Glock 19:

View attachment 456129

Beretta CX-4 Storm
View attachment 456130

View attachment 456132

If you want a PCC there are about 10 I'd buy before the CX4 storm (and some you can still use the Beretta mags with). Much more aftermarket support for a number of the other ones I'd consider first.

81Bubbavol

I am not a smart dog ..
I have the dollar store version of the Single Six, the Ruger Wrangler. I enjoy it, but not enough to drop more coin on a fancier version.

It is great at dragging out that last box of 22LR at the end of the range day.

I think I’ll set some money aside for a 10/22 and scoop one the next time they go on sale or I can find one under $300 easy.
The 10/22 is on my short list as well. Two other advantages are:
- Huge number of aftermarket parts available. Can replace anything and transform it into whatever you want.
- Easy suppressor build. Form 1's are turning in 3-8 weeks not months, and a suppressed 22 is movie quiet. Plus a easy place to start in building your own.

Last edited:

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees

Ruger 10/22
View attachment 456128

Glock 19:

View attachment 456129

Beretta CX-4 Storm
View attachment 456130

View attachment 456132

10/22 is hard to beat. I got one with Manlicher stock just for something different. I have an SA22 that takes down, so I didn’t feel like I was missing out with a full length stock. Making me want to go out back and do some plinking while the cat’s away.
image.jpg

DancingOutlaw

No sloppy, slimy eggs plz
Looks like a 92 with a cruddy rail add-on, and a rattle can paint job? Shameful. Probably sold for $700 on GB though.
It's a 96 DAO Centurion slide, the barrel should be the shorter version but I guess they aren't too worried about it. Personally I like the skeletonized see through grips. If you had some clear mags you could check your round count with ease. And why spend money on a Vertec pistol when you can just slap a sweet rail onto the frame secured by a single very trusty allen screw?

VolunteerHillbilly

Spike Drinks, Not Trees
Study: Tennessee ranks No. 1 in vehicle gun thefts nationwide:
Tennessee #1 in vehicle gun thefts nationwide, study finds

Why leave a gun in your car/truck to be stolen?
talk to some LEOs, particularly in greater Nashville area or Memphis and what you'll learn is that reporting "having a gun stolen out of the car" is the go to CYA for straw purchasers who are buying guns for felons and/or child criminals.

UTN '74

talk to some LEOs, particularly in greater Nashville area or Memphis and what you'll learn is that reporting "having a gun stolen out of the car" is the go to CYA for straw purchasers who are buying guns for felons and/or child criminals.
I would never has thought of that, but it certainly would answer my question. I've never had a gun stolen period, but I did have a boating accident...

VN Store