The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I'm left eye dominant and right handed. Makes it interesting with pistols lol

Honestly the "micro compacts" really changed the CC game. I don't think I could ever go back to just a sub compact. The number of rounds is still there, but with a much smaller imprint when carrying.

It’s not so bad with a handgun being a righty but left eye dominant. You can easily bring the sights to where the need to be. Long gun shooting though is the struggle. I like to shoot skeet and sporting clays. I have seriously considered shooting lefty just to put the gun on my dominant eye.

The micro double-stacks are really cool. I’m not one to carry an extra magazine. I know a lot of people feel it’s a must, but I feel with carrying, you need what works best for you. I never felt like I was lacking capacity with 7-8 rounds. Being able to get 12+1 in a slightly larger platform is mighty.

I’m most in awe of my LCP Max. 10+1 in a pistol small enough to put in exercise shorts and run for 10 miles is amazing. Gave my old LCP to the wife.

It’s not so bad with a handgun being a righty but left eye dominant. You can easily bring the sights to where the need to be. Long gun shooting though is the struggle. I like to shoot skeet and sporting clays. I have seriously considered shooting lefty just to put the gun on my dominant eye.

The micro double-stacks are really cool. I’m not one to carry an extra magazine. I know a lot of people feel it’s a must, but I feel with carrying, you need what works best for you. I never felt like I was lacking capacity with 7-8 rounds. Being able to get 12+1 in a slightly larger platform is mighty.

I’m most in awe of my LCP Max. 10+1 in a pistol small enough to put in exercise shorts and run for 10 miles is amazing. Gave my old LCP to the wife.
I didn’t realize I was left eye dominant until the Army. I shot right handed growing up. After 20 years of shooting left handed, it’s odd holding a “long gun” right handed. I can still do it, but its kind of awkward now lol.

I’m not of the extra mag on me kind of person, but I get it. The micro’s kind of solve the problem though IMO. Good capacity, but can carry in any outfit.

I didn’t realize I was left eye dominant until the Army. I shot right handed growing up. After 20 years of shooting left handed, it’s odd holding a “long gun” right handed. I can still do it, but its kind of awkward now lol.

I’m not of the extra mag on me kind of person, but I get it. The micro’s kind of solve the problem though IMO. Good capacity, but can carry in any outfit.

So you are right handed, but you operate the pistol with your left hand as the strong hand? Yeah, that would throw me off too. I’d just take the plunge and and shoot rifle lefty too.

Haha, right on about the micros. If 13 rounds of 9mm can’t get me to safety, it was likely my time.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
I’m left handed, right eye dominate.

I first learned to shoot with a Daisy I’ve always shot a rifle right handed and always shot a handgun left handed.

Always carry and use a pocket type knife in the right pocket or side and with the right hand; however I’ve always used a kitchen knife with the left hand.

Took a bit of practice with handguns shooting left handed with a dominant right eye but now days I don’t even notice.

So you are right handed, but you operate the pistol with your left hand as the strong hand? Yeah, that would throw me off too. I’d just take the plunge and and shoot rifle lefty too.

Haha, right on about the micros. If 13 rounds of 9mm can’t get me to safety, it was likely my time.
Even more odd, I operate a pistol right handed (rifle I use my left side) while using my left eye.

@JoAllan beat me to it lol

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

VN Store

Back