The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I've never done that. Does it have a sandwich construction where it's metal, then drywall, then more metal or is it the exterior metal and that's it?
I have no idea. Maybe sandwich with 1/4 inch steel inside and out, 1/2 inch on the door. The inside currently has removable metal tabs and shelves. It's ridiculously heavy (>900#)

Last edited:
I have no idea. Maybe sandwich with 1/4 inch steel inside and out, 1/2 inch on the door. The inside currently has removable metal tabs and shelves. It's ridiculously heavy (>900#)
Sounds well built. I have a similar one construction wise. Some manufacturers would sandwich drywall between thiner sheet metal. Cheaper way to do it and not as secure. If it has 1/4" sidewalls, I'd say it doesn't have that type of construction. Obviously, the drywall gives it it's fire rating. I would think some good adhesive, (I like Loctite PL premium) would secure the drywall to the metal.

Probably a TL rated safe. Very good security.

I have come to the opinion that the Colt 6933 EPR upper is as close to perfection as you can find in a 5.56 CQB upper. Plenty of rail space; M-Lok attachment points; 1/7; loves TAP 75 SBR ammo; handles a can well.

I have a buddy who is looking to part with an IGWT AR pistol cheap. Does anyone know anything about this company.

Patricia-Hearst-front-emblem-Symbionese-Liberation-Army.jpg

Very excited! I have my first 1911 on it’s way to my favorite FFL. I went for the Springfield Armory, Garrison 1911 in stainless steel. Chambered in 45 ACP as John Moses Browning intended. This model seems to be a perfect mix of classic 1911 looks but with choice upgrades like a skeletonized hammer and upgraded sights.

ED397847-1AA4-4C81-AD8D-2D4129389B16.jpeg

This will be my first duty caliber pistol that I don’t intend to use in a home defense/concealed carry role. I think the old timers call it a church or bbq gun.

Very excited! I have my first 1911 on it’s way to my favorite FFL. I went for the Springfield Armory, Garrison 1911 in stainless steel. Chambered in 45 ACP as John Moses Browning intended. This model seems to be a perfect mix of classic 1911 looks but with choice upgrades like a skeletonized hammer and upgraded sights.

View attachment 453163

This will be my first duty caliber pistol that I don’t intend to use in a home defense/concealed carry role. I think the old timers call it a church or bbq gun.

I love 1911's. I have two. Every time I pick one up I get this vision of a brick and a plate glass window....:)

View attachment 453163

Nerd!!!!
That’s a nice BBQ gun.
In a coincidence of timing, I was able to recover my grandfathers 1911. I’ve looked for this one for 20 years and finally got it back yesterday 218A58FA-DDA4-4A80-91FB-62C5CEF11CED.jpeg

Anyone run an optic on their carry pistol? I would love some feedback.

E1E63B2C-9CB0-4F5C-BAFE-8A1B4B94A1FF.jpeg
I upgraded recently to a 365XL and decided to go with a Halosun red dot. The actual optic itself is nice, but even with a lot of draw practice I feel like I’m slower than with the irons.

With the irons you have the ability to index your sight picture by using the front sight. Essentially you know if it’s too high or too low based on how much of the front sight is in your sight picture. With the red dot, I have to hunt around to find the dot. It shows that I’m not as consistent as I need to be during presentation. I’ll keep practicing, but truthfully I miss the iron sights.

View attachment 453449
I upgraded recently to a 365XL and decided to go with a Halosun red dot. The actual optic itself is nice, but even with a lot of draw practice I feel like I’m slower than with the irons.

With the irons you have the ability to index your sight picture by using the front sight. Essentially you know if it’s too high or too low based on how much of the front sight is in your sight picture. With the red dot, I have to hunt around to find the dot. It shows that I’m not as consistent as I need to be during presentation. I’ll keep practicing, but truthfully I miss the iron sights.

Are you “two eyeing” with the dot or using one eye?

Both eyes open will usually make for faster acquisition and shooting…..especially when using a dot.

I don’t know how you go about normal firing routine; however I like to present, pinky squeeze (the bottom of the grip into my palm). Once this becomes almost second nature the sights should be almost perfectly aligned at presentation…….point and shoot. As long as the sights are aligned fairly correctly and your pointing where you want the projectile to go….it should be fairly close. On the follow up shot everything should be “right there” so you can easily see the sights and if it lined up correctly with your target……..fire.

So I like to take this same approach when using a dot…….especially until one becomes proficient.

Simply trust yourself, trust your mechanics and your presentation. Your not looking for a dot, your just doing what you always do. Squeeze that pinky……..you know the sights (if you had them) should be lined up pretty good. You know your presentation is good. Your pointing at your target so it should go there……..maybe not bullseye but I will be close and on target……..so fire. “Then” on your follow up shot your dot should be right there (you shouldn’t have to find it)………line it up and fire.

Might not help you but hopefully it can.

View attachment 453449

I have the SMSc on my Hellcat. The wife has the Romeo Zero on her Hellcat.

It just takes practice.

9ACC4181-6D0F-4893-A47C-D8553FC5E92A.jpeg

View attachment 453449

Not a fan of an optic on a pistol or at least not on a sub compact.

Are you “two eyeing” with the dot or using one eye?

Both eyes open will usually make for faster acquisition and shooting…..especially when using a dot.

I don’t know how you go about normal firing routine; however I like to present, pinky squeeze (the bottom of the grip into my palm). Once this becomes almost second nature the sights should be almost perfectly aligned at presentation…….point and shoot. As long as the sights are aligned fairly correctly and your pointing where you want the projectile to go….it should be fairly close. On the follow up shot everything should be “right there” so you can easily see the sights and if it lined up correctly with your target……..fire.

So I like to take this same approach when using a dot…….especially until one becomes proficient.

Simply trust yourself, trust your mechanics and your presentation. Your not looking for a dot, your just doing what you always do. Squeeze that pinky……..you know the sights (if you had them) should be lined up pretty good. You know your presentation is good. Your pointing at your target so it should go there……..maybe not bullseye but I will be close and on target……..so fire. “Then” on your follow up shot your dot should be right there (you shouldn’t have to find it)………line it up and fire.

Might not help you but hopefully it can.

Thanks for the advice.

I have both eyes open when I shoot. I’m left eye dominant so I align it to my left eye on presentation. I’ll take more consideration to my grip during the draw. I run appendix carry, because that’s the most comfortable position. Getting a perfect purchase is tricky compared to other positions, but I just need to put in the work with this pistol. I’ve only had it for a couple of months.

I loved my shield 2.0 that I carried for many years. I’ll occasionally pull it out of the safe when I want something lighter than my XL. At some point I may get a Glock 19, but that might be a lot of gun to hide on my frame.

Thanks for the advice.

I have both eyes open when I shoot. I’m left eye dominant so I align it to my left eye on presentation. I’ll take more consideration to my grip during the draw. I run appendix carry, because that’s the most comfortable position. Getting a perfect purchase is tricky compared to other positions, but I just need to put in the work with this pistol. I’ve only had it for a couple of months.

I loved my shield 2.0 that I carried for many years. I’ll occasionally pull it out of the safe when I want something lighter than my XL. At some point I may get a Glock 19, but that might be a lot of gun to hide on my frame.
I'm left eye dominant and right handed. Makes it interesting with pistols lol

Honestly the "micro compacts" really changed the CC game. I don't think I could ever go back to just a sub compact. The number of rounds is still there, but with a much smaller imprint when carrying.

VN Store

Back