The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I like it. No flash, burns clean. It’s roughly 1MOA, but this is inside 50 yard ammo so it does what it’s supposed to do.

Good deal.

I would assume you have an H buffer loaded in there. That'll work fine, but if you want it smoothed out even more, pick up an H2 buffer and feel the world of difference. You'll thank me later... or not since I'm spending your money once again.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
Good deal.

I would assume you have an H buffer loaded in there. That'll work fine, but if you want it smoothed out even more, pick up an H2 buffer and feel the world of difference. You'll thank me later... or not since I'm spending your money once again.

H buffer. Yes. Standard in the 6933. Right now, I'm ejecting in the 3:30 - 4:00 range. So it ain't broke, and I ain't fixing it. Yet. But I'll hold your advice close at hand. You've spent a lot of my money over the years, but every dollar was worth it.

So we have a new range in these parts. Two Rivers Gun Range. Google it. County runs it. Absolutely gorgeous range. And my first experience with the Kongsberg Target System, which is used on the rifle side. Color me impressed. I dialed in my primary upper, backup irons, secondary upper, and irons, in roughly an hour and a half...and under 100 rounds. Mind you, I went for the gnat's ass on all four dial-in's. Could have done it sooner and cheaper if I had been satisfied with "that should do it" accuracy. But my life may depend on putting the first round on target, so I made sure the gun would do its' part.

Pistol side is mostly reactive targets, which I prefer when working at close-in ranges.

Range Master is a friend of mine. Was my Lt. when I worked in the county to the north. Super solid guy. Years of SWAT experience. Did it all. Entry element, Overwatch, Marksman, and Team Leader. He's retired now, and does this just for fun. So now we find a quiet corner; he runs me through engagement drills I should know by heart; and busts my ass when I miss a shot. Hard fun. Thanks to him, I'm a lot sharper now than I was six months ago, and nowhere near where I was at my best. Old age sucks, but he pushes me, and I need that.

I'm done with Patrol at the end of the year. Moving to Civil Division. Serve papers on the weekend. Maybe Misdemeanor warrants. Do that for another year or so. Available if they need me in an emergency, but only if. I'll keep my ride, and all my gear. But even the Spartans hung it up at 60, and I'm at 59 1/2. At some point, you have to acknowledge the fact that you are simply too old to run with the herd anymore. I'm there.

Hope things are good on your end, GV. Keep safe.

H buffer. Yes. Standard in the 6933. Right now, I'm ejecting in the 3:30 - 4:00 range. So it ain't broke, and I ain't fixing it. Yet. But I'll hold your advice close at hand. You've spent a lot of my money over the years, but every dollar was worth it.

So we have a new range in these parts. Two Rivers Gun Range. Google it. County runs it. Absolutely gorgeous range. And my first experience with the Kongsberg Target System, which is used on the rifle side. Color me impressed. I dialed in my primary upper, backup irons, secondary upper, and irons, in roughly an hour and a half...and under 100 rounds. Mind you, I went for the gnat's ass on all four dial-in's. Could have done it sooner and cheaper if I had been satisfied with "that should do it" accuracy. But my life may depend on putting the first round on target, so I made sure the gun would do its' part.

Pistol side is mostly reactive targets, which I prefer when working at close-in ranges.

Range Master is a friend of mine. Was my Lt. when I worked in the county to the north. Super solid guy. Years of SWAT experience. Did it all. Entry element, Overwatch, Marksman, and Team Leader. He's retired now, and does this just for fun. So now we find a quiet corner; he runs me through engagement drills I should know by heart; and busts my ass when I miss a shot. Hard fun. Thanks to him, I'm a lot sharper now than I was six months ago, and nowhere near where I was at my best. Old age sucks, but he pushes me, and I need that.

I'm done with Patrol at the end of the year. Moving to Civil Division. Serve papers on the weekend. Maybe Misdemeanor warrants. Do that for another year or so. Available if they need me in an emergency, but only if. I'll keep my ride, and all my gear. But even the Spartans hung it up at 60, and I'm at 59 1/2. At some point, you have to acknowledge the fact that you are simply too old to run with the herd anymore. I'm there.

Hope things are good on your end, GV. Keep safe.
Damn you’re old 😂

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
Very nice. I've wanted a .22lr version for a long time but haven't been able to bring myself to drop the coin on a single shot rimfire. Maybe someday.

I have always found myself looking over .22's I wanted because of the price. I don't know if it's a subcutaneous thing or what, but I feel fine paying a higher price for a .357, 30-06, .45LC I just always say I won't for a .22.

I have always found myself looking over .22's I wanted because of the price. I don't know if it's a subcutaneous thing or what, but I feel fine paying a higher price for a .357, 30-06, .45LC I just always say I won't for a .22.
Me too

Anyone actually seen the Springfield Hi Power clone on a shelf? I’ve been looking. There are tons on gunbroker and armslist. I’ve read some stuff of people hypothesizing that dealers are gouging through the auction sites but I also know that generally a dealer risks their access to inventory if they get caught selling above msrp by a manufacturer or distributor. I don’t need one so I’ll wait, but I a, curious who it is that is selling all these pistols online.

Midway USA says they will have a few of the SA-35’s in stock within a week.

They have them priced at the full retail of $699……which I doubt many places (which I’ve them) will be selling much if any below retail…….right now.

I thought about getting one myself when they first came out. I figured there would be at least a few maybe on gunbroker selling at a set retail price…….but NO.

Seems like some folks have more money than common sense……..looks like people are buying them for $900 and even more.

I’ll pay retail if I have to…….but I sure ain’t paying over retail.

I’m sure it will settle down after Christmas…….but check out Midway…….you may be able to purchase one now and at $699 if they will indeed have them in stock next week (you could call and find out).

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Midway USA says they will have a few of the SA-35’s in stock within a week.

They have them priced at the full retail of $699……which I doubt many places (which I’ve them) will be selling much if any below retail…….right now.

I thought about getting one myself when they first came out. I figured there would be at least a few maybe on gunbroker selling at a set retail price…….but NO.

Seems like some folks have more money than common sense……..looks like people are buying them for $900 and even more.

I’ll pay retail if I have to…….but I sure ain’t paying over retail.

I’m sure it will settle down after Christmas…….but check out Midway…….you may be able to purchase one now and at $699 if they will indeed have them in stock next week (you could call and find out).
I think I’m just going to wait until next year. Starting to see some reviews by people who have put 1000 rounds or more through the low number models and there seems to be a common issue with the extractor.

Reactions: JoAllan
Anyone actually seen the Springfield Hi Power clone on a shelf? I’ve been looking. There are tons on gunbroker and armslist. I’ve read some stuff of people hypothesizing that dealers are gouging through the auction sites but I also know that generally a dealer risks their access to inventory if they get caught selling above msrp by a manufacturer or distributor. I don’t need one so I’ll wait, but I a, curious who it is that is selling all these pistols online.

Haven't seen one, but one thing just puzzled the life out of me when I saw it come out...

Why didn't they go ahead and add the beaver tail extension? I know they claim the hammer design will prohibit hammer bite, but one might think just to add it just in case.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I admit I don't know much about guns. I have 22 rifle I inherited from my grandfather, I fired it once to make sure it still worked. Thats the extent of my gun experience.

However with things being the way they are right now in the world, I would like to purchase a pistol for protection. What would yall recommend for a relative novice?

Thinking about this one: Ruger LCP .380 Auto Pistol | Academy

Are Taurus guns any good? I haven't really heard of them.

I admit I don't know much about guns. I have 22 rifle I inherited from my grandfather, I fired it once to make sure it still worked. Thats the extent of my gun experience.

However with things being the way they are right now in the world, I would like to purchase a pistol for protection. What would yall recommend for a relative novice?

Careful
This can turn into an addiction

Taurus isn't THAT bad, but there are quite a few I'd take over them. Glock, Smith&Wesson, HK, CZ, FN, Springfield, Canik, IWI to name a few.

I'd also suggest going with at least a 9mm. It's been hashed in here before.

Agree with Yankee.
If you like the lcp2, Ruger makes a series of compact 9s that are cost effective. good guns. Ec9, Lc9. They are a similar size to the LCP2

VN Store

Back