The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

That’s a tough question right now. Hard to find parts or guns. Also let us know how you plan to use it.

Primary Arms or Palmeto State Armory are your best bet for guns, parts or kits.
Home defense. We had an issue a while back where someone ran my wife off the road as she was pulling into the driveway, then they came back and pulled in our driveway. We live in the sticks so it would take a while for police to get here.My wife doesn’t feel comfortable shooting my shotgun. I guess I could buy a pistol, but I want to be able to cover my whole property. Not just when it gets up close and personal.

Looking for some advice. I’m in the market for an AR. I grew up hunting so these weren’t really in my wheel house. Budget is $800-900 for the gun, and I’m comfortable with building one. Let me hear mfg’s, ammo, etc you like.
I just built one in .223 Wylde based on Aero Precision upper and lower receivers. Not the cheapest ones but seem to be good quality and not overly expensive.

Reactions: BennesseeVols
I like that Springfield a lot. I’ve been looking at PSA’s because they apparently have a deal with FN to make their barrels. I know there have to be some low quality guns out there, I just have a hard time picking them out.

I like that Springfield a lot. I’ve been looking at PSA’s because they apparently have a deal with FN to make their barrels. I know there have to be some low quality guns out there, I just have a hard time picking them out.
I have had recent experience with PSA and have no complaints although I always feel like its a roll of the dice doing an online order. I don't know where you're located but you may have some luck at a big box like Academy sports or Bass Pro. It seems like their store stock is creeping back up on some guns, just not ammo.

Reactions: bcmbvol

I've had good luck with PSA, and it seems like they're the only producer consistently putting out ARs right now. They're not a bad choice for a first AR imo.

Stay away from Springfield. The PSAs with FN barrels will be advertised as such in pretty sure

Looking for some advice. I’m in the market for an AR. I grew up hunting so these weren’t really in my wheel house. Budget is $800-900 for the gun, and I’m comfortable with building one. Let me hear mfg’s, ammo, etc you like.
I've built one a month ago and I'm helping two friends build one this week. They are budget builds but they'll still be nice guns. Obviously 556 is the most economical way to go but I'm not sure you want to go that route for hunting. 300B/O is another route if you're ok with 30/30 type ballistics which is fine for deer if you plan on hunting with it.

I've been able to shop around and send links to my buddies to order. I think the prices have been $500-$600 for everything. I have purchased mostly Anderson upper and lowers. I think I paid $49 for the lower a couple of weeks ago from Primary Arms. They were out of stock and I signed up for email alerts and they notified me they were back in stock.

I've purchase a ton of barrels from Stone Mountain arsenal in Georgia but the last I checked they were almost completely out of barrels. While they're very inexpensive they've performed really well for me.

I purchase a lot of stuff from Outdoor Sports USA. They got a bunch of stuff. Free shipping with no minimums too. I've purchased, upper and lower receiver parts kits, buffer, springs, and tubes, stocks, grips, muzzle devices, hand guards, and gas blocks/tubes.

I have purchased most of my BCGs from Palmeto State. Usually wait for them to go on sale but that's not been the case lately so I've been purchasing them wherever I can find a decent deal.

Good luck.

Reactions: bcmbvol
A couple of places that I get emails from claim that they're expecting large shipments later this month. We'll see.

I’ve been hitting academy and cabelas pretty hard so I’ll take what I can get. Got a box of sig v-crown and 2 boxes of the tracer rounds. Not necessarily what I was wanting but better than nothing and without paying an arm and a leg.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I've built one a month ago and I'm helping two friends build one this week. They are budget builds but they'll still be nice guns. Obviously 556 is the most economical way to go but I'm not sure you want to go that route for hunting. 300B/O is another route if you're ok with 30/30 type ballistics which is fine for deer if you plan on hunting with it.

I've been able to shop around and send links to my buddies to order. I think the prices have been $500-$600 for everything. I have purchased mostly Anderson upper and lowers. I think I paid $49 for the lower a couple of weeks ago from Primary Arms. They were out of stock and I signed up for email alerts and they notified me they were back in stock.

I've purchase a ton of barrels from Stone Mountain arsenal in Georgia but the last I checked they were almost completely out of barrels. While they're very inexpensive they've performed really well for me.

I purchase a lot of stuff from Outdoor Sports USA. They got a bunch of stuff. Free shipping with no minimums too. I've purchased, upper and lower receiver parts kits, buffer, springs, and tubes, stocks, grips, muzzle devices, hand guards, and gas blocks/tubes.

I have purchased most of my BCGs from Palmeto State. Usually wait for them to go on sale but that's not been the case lately so I've been purchasing them wherever I can find a decent deal.

Good luck.
I’m sure you could hunt with it, but I would feel comfortable. I appreciate your post. I’m going to follow up on that.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Home defense. We had an issue a while back where someone ran my wife off the road as she was pulling into the driveway, then they came back and pulled in our driveway. We live in the sticks so it would take a while for police to get here.My wife doesn’t feel comfortable shooting my shotgun. I guess I could buy a pistol, but I want to be able to cover my whole property. Not just when it gets up close and personal.

This will do the trick at a nice price.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...kit-with-vortex-strikefire-ii-5165502312.html

VN Store

Back