The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I'm not at all a gun enthusiast but I have a 1947 Winchester 12 gauge shotgun with original case that was willed to me. All I know about it is that it has a curly walnut stock and the barrel at the end is slightly enlarged and vented. I think the number of times it's actually been shot is in the single digits. I have no clue how rare or valuable this gun is.
Interesting. Post up a pic.

Jan 4th, in Dover, TN. Major gun auction, hundreds of em. Check out the Peddler in Clarksville for details. Here is pic, I hope it is ok. Hope it expands for you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200101_160105861.jpg
    IMG_20200101_160105861.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 22

Some of the purists may belabor the fact the lockwork isn't the same and claim it's not a "real" Python. I don't think that will trouble too many potential buyers though as apparently it's at least a good to shoot as the original and looks the part.

The biggest difference will be among those who have the Royal Blue versions as that really is a line of demarcation. I knew a guy that had an original RB Python that was stolen. We never found out by whom.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
Some of the purists may belabor the fact the lockwork isn't the same and claim it's not a "real" Python. I don't think that will trouble too many potential buyers though as apparently it's at least a good to shoot as the original and looks the part.

The biggest difference will be among those who have the Royal Blue versions as that really is a line of demarcation. I knew a guy that had an original RB Python that was stolen. We never found out by whom.
It’s nice to see colt actually listening to their customers for once. I like the way they went about their business too. First release the cobra and get your manufacturing up to speed, then bring out the king cobra while getting better, then drop the python. I honestly can’t wait to get my hands on one.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

Not sure what to do on this one. I'd kind of like to have one but I have a Ruger Blackhawk and two Vaqueros in .357. I could try to justify that this is a double action revolver but I have a feeling it would just be a safe queen and if I'm going to have an "investment" pistol maybe I should just cough up another thousand and look for a "real" one? I will say, they've given me something to think about, which is more than Colt has done in a loooong time.

Looks like the 2020 pythons are fetching over $2k on gun broker. I can understand having to pay msrp for something new and high demand and I can't blame a dealer for wanting to maximize profits but I don't see myself getting gouged for something that is not a necessity.

Looks like the 2020 pythons are fetching over $2k on gun broker. I can understand having to pay msrp for something new and high demand and I can't blame a dealer for wanting to maximize profits but I don't see myself getting gouged for something that is not a necessity.
Don’t pay that. Wait a while and they’ll release the second run. Should come in around $1300.

Thanks for the the responses. Here's another question for you. Sounds like it would be nice to have a 300 Blk pistol suppressed. What would be the best way to put together one lower and have an additional 556 rifle upper ? Is this possible legally?
I built an AR pistol in 556. The pistol wasn't practical for me. I didn't have the arm brace at the time just the foam pad. The arm brace was new at the time and cost about $180. When I went to my gun shop to buy the brace I decided to spend the money on the tax stamp instead of the arm brace. I was able to keep the lower in pistol form while waiting the 12 months for the stamp. I finally got it and have since added the 300BO at 7.5" barrel. I have also added a saker 7.62 suppressor. It is the most fun fun I've ever owned. I paired it with eotech with th magnifier and it is deadly out to 100 yards.

I posted pictures in this thread if you want to search back.

Anyway, you can have as many SBR uppers as you like in different calibers. The ATF "ask" that you inform them any different uppers you have, length and caliber.

Been working on an AR10 for a hog hunt I'm wanting to go on. I just received a muzzle brake that will accept my Saker 7.62 suppressor. I also our purchased a cheap gun light off Amazon. I just need to figure out what I'm going to do for optics. I may move my eotech over.

I can tell you the sucker is heavy. IMG_20200107_195322.jpg

Last edited:
Vortex Spitfire 3x came in today. Mounted it on my current Patrol/HD AR in place of the Aimpoint PRO (which will move to the SBR when my stamp comes in). Without having shot it or sighted it in, first impressions:

- Nice glass. Very clear from zero to 3x range.
- Like the red or green option. I'll probably stay "red", but the illumination controls are easy to change with the gun shouldered, and the brightness levels are spot on.
- FSB is "fuzzy", as is to be expected with the magnification. Although they recommend a lower 1/3 co-witness, here's my question about that: I'm an "absolute" co-witness advocate, as it is with the PRO. Could I not use the etched reticle of the Vortex as my "front sight", and co-witness that way? Granted, the much shorter sight radius will be tough, but Zombie Apocalypse aside, I'm thinking any shot I have to make under pressure will be under 100 yards, and likely much closer. I'd like to hear the opinions of the board on that topic.

I'll go shoot it and sight it in this weekend. MPBR zero, and then some fast work at 25-100 yards. Interested to see what it (and I) can do with it. Let you know my final thoughts after that.

Molon Aabe.

And Go Vols.

Reactions: ETV
Been working on an AR10 for a hog hunt I'm wanting to go on. I just received a muzzle brake that will accept my Saker 7.62 suppressor. I also our purchased a cheap gun light off Amazon. I just need to figure out what I'm going to do for optics. I may move my eotech over.

I can tell you the sucker is heavy. View attachment 252502

I'd put something with some magnification on that one. Be able to use it's full capabilities.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I'd put something with some magnification on that one. Be able to use it's full capabilities.
I've got the magnifier for the Eotech. I wouldn't normally consider the eotech for this gun but with the shots for the hogs at 100 yards or less I think it might be ideal for that hunt. I might then look at a Vortex or something similar after that hunt..

Last edited:
Reactions: txbo
83726325_3215662981814224_285880951731388416_n.jpg

What's everyone's preferred method of selling hand guns? I have a couple that are lower demand (Sig p232 SS; Walther Q5 Match) and a Walther PPS M2 LE that I'm probably gonna move.

What's everyone's preferred method of selling hand guns? I have a couple that are lower demand (Sig p232 SS; Walther Q5 Match) and a Walther PPS M2 LE that I'm probably gonna move.

I’ve had a lot of success selling through Armslist both in-state and out-of-state. In-state I always require a valid and current TN driver license. Out-of-state I ship only to FFL. The guns you listed are pretty desirable in my opinion. 6 months ago I would have been very interested in the Q5 Match. The P232 SS has not gone up much in price since they stopped making them in 2016 but the OEM mags are sky high. I’ve never used online auction sites or consignment as I’m adverse to paying their fees.

Reactions: volinbham
I’ve had a lot of success selling through Armslist both in-state and out-of-state. In-state I always require a valid and current TN driver license. Out-of-state I ship only to FFL. The guns you listed are pretty desirable in my opinion. 6 months ago I would have been very interested in the Q5 Match. The P232 SS has not gone up much in price since they stopped making them in 2016 but the OEM mags are sky high. I’ve never used online auction sites or consignment as I’m adverse to paying their fees.

Thanks - so with Armslist to do you take payment then ship to FFL supplied by buyer? I'm guessing the website tells how to do all this.

I figured there'd be a market for those guns but not much local interest.

Thanks - so with Armslist to do you take payment then ship to FFL supplied by buyer? I'm guessing the website tells how to do all this.

I figured there'd be a market for those guns but not much local interest.
There’s a lot of scams on armslist. I’ve never had a problem selling things on Gunbroker. Good pictures and a good description and it’ll sell easy. You shouldn’t ship anything until the payment clears and the FFL is in hand and you’ve checked the number. Can’t use USPS to ship handguns.

There’s a lot of scams on armslist. I’ve never had a problem selling things on Gunbroker. Good pictures and a good description and it’ll sell easy. You shouldn’t ship anything until the payment clears and the FFL is in hand and you’ve checked the number. Can’t use USPS to ship handguns.
+1 for gunbroker. I’ve bought and sold a lot on there.

Reactions: volinbham

VN Store

Back