The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

True. I'm working really hard to get you off probation.

I use a coworker who has the discount. I can't keep track of the internet accounts / logins / passwords that I already have. It's gotten to where when I go to a site I haven't been to in awhile, I just automatically click on the "forgot my login/password" link.

Good tip, GV. I'm putting them on both of my 1911's.
Just use the same password for everything.

Reactions: Grand Vol
Don’t put stupid sh*t like this on your vehicle. Someone may just do what you ask...

This. I've never understood why people advertise the fact that they are armed on their vehicles. License plate, decal, window sticker, whatever. Think about it for a minute. If someone was to assault you while you were in your vehicle, would you not rather that they not know you are armed until it's too late to give them any advantage? Why tell them what they are getting in to? The deterrent effect is negligible, at best. IMO, best to not advertise, invite, or forewarn. Break the OODA loop with your response. Harkens back to the basic mantra of dynamic force: Speed, Surprise, Violence of Action.

I am armed 24/7. House, truck, work, garage, shower, wherever. I don't have a blue line decal, 2A, Molon Aabe, or any of that stuff on my vehicles, or house. I see no need to invite a burglary, or warn any potential attacker of what they are getting in to. I don't go looking for trouble. But if it finds me on its' own, I want it to be overconfident when it does.

If it's a matter of life or death, I'll take every advantage I can get.

This. I've never understood why people advertise the fact that they are armed on their vehicles. License plate, decal, window sticker, whatever. Think about it for a minute. If someone was to assault you while you were in your vehicle, would you not rather that they not know you are armed until it's too late to give them any advantage? Why tell them what they are getting in to? The deterrent effect is negligible, at best. IMO, best to not advertise, invite, or forewarn. Break the OODA loop with your response. Harkens back to the basic mantra of dynamic force: Speed, Surprise, Violence of Action.

I am armed 24/7. House, truck, work, garage, shower, wherever. I don't have a blue line decal, 2A, Molon Aabe, or any of that stuff on my vehicles, or house. I see no need to invite a burglary, or warn any potential attacker of what they are getting in to. I don't go looking for trouble. But if it finds me on its' own, I want it to be overconfident when it does.

Do you keep it in a baggie? :p

Do you keep it in a baggie? :p

On top of the toilet. Had a scare once when the hair missile lit up at the UPS guy. Wife out of the house; me buck naked and soaped up in the shower. Casey's job is to give me 10 seconds. She did her job, but I was ill-equipped to respond, so...top of the toilet from then on.

You asked....

:cool:

Reactions: YankeeVol

I-was-eating-a-cookie-in-the-shower-when-I-heard-a-noise_o_74983.jpg

Reactions: Obsessed
Gentlemen,
I need a recommendation for a compact / sub-compact 9mm.

I have a Glock 27 that I’ve owned for a years now.

The wife used to shoot before we got married. She brought 1000 rounds of 9mm Luger to the house when we wed.... but no gun!

Anyways, those boxes of ammo have just been sitting in the cabinet, serving Zero purpose. Figured it was about time to invest in a pistol that could actually make use of those rounds if the need ever arises.

Nothing too fancy, not looking to spend a lot. Will most likely just sit loaded in a quick access safe in case of emergency.

Thoughts?

@Grand Vol
@GreyWolf1129
@DEFENDTHISHOUSE
All input from everyone welcome

If you want to stick with a Glock then try the 43. I'm partial to the 1911 trigger and there are quite a few 9 mms out now, but they aren't cheap.

Gentlemen,

The wife used to shoot before we got married. She brought 1000 rounds of 9mm Luger to the house when we wed.... but no gun!

Anyways, those boxes of ammo have just been sitting in the cabinet, serving Zero purpose. Figured it was about time to invest in a pistol that could actually make use of those rounds if the need ever arises.

Nothing too fancy, not looking to spend a lot. Will most likely just sit loaded in a quick access safe in case of emergency.

Thoughts?

@Grand Vol
@GreyWolf1129
@DEFENDTHISHOUSE

Excellent pistol for the money. Pay the extra $20 for hand select.

Star Model BM SA 9mm Semi-Auto, 4" barrel, 8 Rd Mag, Original Box - Surplus - Good / Very Good Overall. - Military Surplus - Hand Guns

Reactions: 85SugarVol
Gentlemen,

Thoughts?

@Grand Vol
@GreyWolf1129
@DEFENDTHISHOUSE

I'm gonna defer to those here who know better than I do. I'm a ".45 guy", and what little knowledge I have is limited to that arena.
Wife has a S&W BodyGuard .38 with the integral Crimson Trace laser, but if you're set on a 9mm, I'd start by finding something that fits her hand well. This likely puts you in the single-stack market, and there are a number of what looks to be good choices out there.
As for the money, I understand your position, but if your life...or hers...hang in the balance, I wouldn't lat the sticker be the main deciding point.
Good Luck. Let us know what you decide on.

View attachment 205707

Mark 1, Mod 0 Canine Perimeter Defense System.

Nothing better than this defense system. The best early warning system available, and the only one willing and able to give you time to get to your gun.

I think of my parents in their late 70's, and even though dad's got an arsenal, it's the 2 level 3 Schutzhund doggies that make me sleep better knowing they are there.

Even during "system maintenance", they are one millisecond away from work.

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
Gentlemen,

Thoughts?

@Grand Vol
@GreyWolf1129
@DEFENDTHISHOUSE

Smith & Wesson M&P SHIELD 9mm - 180021

I'm gonna defer to those here who know better than I do. I'm a ".45 guy", and what little knowledge I have is limited to that arena.
Wife has a S&W BodyGuard .38 with the integral Crimson Trace laser, but if you're set on a 9mm, I'd start by finding something that fits her hand well. This likely puts you in the single-stack market, and there are a number of what looks to be good choices out there.
As for the money, I understand your position, but if your life...or hers...hang in the balance, I wouldn't lat the sticker be the main deciding point.
Good Luck. Let us know what you decide on.
Good point on the money aspect.

The primary is my Glock 27. I feel confidant in it getting the job done in case of emergency.

The 9mm would be a secondary. But point well taken.

Gentlemen,

Thoughts?

@Grand Vol
@GreyWolf1129
@DEFENDTHISHOUSE
The New Mossberg MC1 looks to be a good 9mm. I personally have the M&P Shield 9mm (after carrying an XDs .45 since it was released). I plan to give the Shield to the Mrs. once I decide what I want.

VN Store

Back