The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

Same. A&M doesn't really bother me for some reason. Bama can eat glass.
Agreed. Wade Taylor is a legit fun player to watch. I despise playing against Radford, but have to admit that his ability to get into the lane and finish is impressive. A&M has guys that are fun to watch and hard to hate, except Buzz. He's always been just too much.

Personally I think it’d be hilarious if we’re the only sec team to win a tourney game this year. So I’m cheering against A&M and bama (the latter was a given)

I wouldn’t mind seeing Buzz fall on his face. Good coach, but something about the guy just rubs the wrong way. Maybe I’m just still salty over his little sideshow routine he did when we played them.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Buzz fall on his face. Good coach, but something about the guy just rubs the wrong way. Maybe I’m just still salty over his little sideshow routine he did when we played them.
Interesting. I kinda like buzz Williams as a dude from a distance. I’m more mad at the refs for ignoring him being way out on the court than him for doing it

Nebraska gonna be in trouble at this pace, A&M with 40 points and 6 minutes left still in 1st half 😳

I like him. He coaches with fire and can will his team to victory. Very candid in interviews and comes across as real. Wasn't his fault the refs didn't call a technical when he ran out on the court.

Interesting. I kinda like buzz Williams as a dude from a distance. I’m more mad at the refs for ignoring him being way out on the court than him for doing it
Oh that’s for certain. I’ve just never liked the guy. Can’t really explain it, always just irked me.

Reactions: Vol49er
Oh that’s for certain. I’ve just never liked the guy. Can’t really explain it, always just irked me.
My angst is directed towards Cal, Pearl, Oats, and Musselman. It’s kinda wild how unlikable the other successful SEC coaches are especially when compared to Barnes. Like I don’t love Saban or Smart but I don’t have a burning dislike of them. I imagine part of that is that the basketball coaches are more prominently on the TV during games than football coaches

My angst is directed towards Cal, Pearl, Oats, and Musselman. It’s kinda wild how unlikable the other successful SEC coaches are especially when compared to Barnes. Like I don’t love Saban or Smart but I don’t have a burning dislike of them. I imagine part of that is that the basketball coaches are more prominently on the TV during games than football coaches

I’m with you here too. Cal, Pearl, Oats and Musselman is about what I’d rank them in my dislike rankings.

I think you see basketball coaches having a more direct impact on the personalities and actions of their teams.

Reactions: Vol49er
I’m with you here too. Cal, Pearl, Oats and Musselman is about what I’d rank them in my dislike rankings.

I think you see basketball coaches having a more direct impact on the personalities and actions of their teams.
I think I’d move Oats to the front of your list bc of the Brandon Miller situation but otherwise I agree with all this

Truly bizarre to me the divide between people who love one of Pearl/Barnes and hate the other. Both accomplished/are accomplishing amazing things here, both are fantastic coaches, but instead of understanding that people weirdly pick one or the other to love and hate on the other.

I actually like Cal. Why? Because he’s self absorbed, entertaining, an average coach at best, and Kentucky is stuck with him. My wife is a UK grad so we’d listen to Cal’s podcast. He’d have a guest on the show (usually someone prominent in the sport), ask them a question, then proceed to spend the next ten minutes answering the question himself from his perspective. It was hilarious. Guest never got a word in.

Players just randomly popping off in the tournament is one of the most fun parts. Obaseki just out of no where killing Nebraska. Been a bench player his entire tenure there up to this point.

Reactions: DooleyOrangePants
Truly bizarre to me the divide between people who love one of Pearl/Barnes and hate the other. Both accomplished/are accomplishing amazing things here, both are fantastic coaches, but instead of understanding that people weirdly pick one or the other to love and hate on the other.

I get what you are saying, but Bruce still hasn’t figured out how to be humble. And the way he ended up exiting here was all on him, but he refused to just own it and instead took everything down with him.

Good coach, awful person. Appreciate his time here, but glad we moved on.

Texas AM had a better first half because they lead Nebraska by 14 at halftime.

Vermont is prosperous keeping it close vs Duke, however it’s a high bar challenge to keep the game close in the 2nd half.

Texas AM had a better first half because they lead Nebraska by 14 at halftime.

Vermont is prosperous keeping it close vs Duke, however it’s a high bar challenge to keep the game close in the 2nd half.

Vermont would be well served to try to clamp down on defense like Oakland did to KY last night. Going to be tough to win this one, I don’t think they’ve got a guy that’s going to hit 10 threes. But Duke has some issues closing out and getting complacent on offense, so it could happen.

Reactions: firestorm
I see Vermont mostly has the same colors as the Packers.

Vermont gets a pretty basket to reduce the Duke lead to 5.
Vermont kept their head above water for 1 half.

VN Store

Back