The Official 2024 NCAAT Watch Party Thread

He lets them play too much. But that’s also why players love playing for him. He’s a very good coach, they just were a mess down the stretch. Those Kenpom efficiency ratings must not mean too much after all as they should’ve been cruising in this one.

KenPom like any metric has its flaws. Gives you a decent idea of what a team has in terms of strengths and weaknesses but that’s about it. They were a top 5 team in KenPom but anyone knows that a true top 5 team doesn’t go 3-7 in Q1 games, which is what Auburn did this season.

Now on to Texas A&M to see if they continue the trend.

Nebraska I think was overlooked most of the season but they’ve got some players. Really scrappy team.

Reactions: Orange931
Hope that auburn starter who got ejected feels like an idiot for costing his team
He is an idiot. Has been all year. Just another of their whiny crybabies. Got mad at a foul call a month ago and decided he'd show up the officials by playing an entire defensive series with his hands behind his back and let a Vandy player drill a 3 in his face.

Most annoying team in the SEC. Can't stand or even passively admire a single one of their players.

Yep. That Final Four looks like an accident. He’s gone home in the first weekend in five of the past six ncaa tournaments his teams have played in, although the slurpers would have you think he’s a great tournament coach.

Probably because it was a fluke. Took a missed FT by New Mexico St. to escape their first game in 2019.

Embarrassing performance by the conference. You'd better play a little defense to advance in the tourney--or more than a little--even
as the game as become more offensive. Shocked that auburn would lose--but also happy as they were more of a darling with the pundits than we were.

He is an idiot. Has been all year. Just another of their whiny crybabies. Got mad at a foul call a month ago and decided he'd show up the officials by playing an entire defensove series with his hands behind his back and let a Vandy player drill a 3 in his face.

Most annoying team in the SEC. Can't stand or even passively admire a single one of their players.

I’m with you on this. Always puzzles me to hear people talk about Auburn with some sort of reverence. Putting aside the Bruce era and downfall with us, just the way they act and how they conduct themselves on the court is just about disgraceful. They take their queues from their leadership, in my opinion.

I’m with you on this. Always puzzles me to hear people talk about Auburn with some sort of reverence. Putting aside the Bruce era and downfall with us, just the way they act and how they conduct themselves on the court is just about disgraceful. They take their queues from their leadership, in my opinion.
When Steven "F-ing" Pearl is one of your coaches, it's not hard to see why.

I remember alot of people, including myself, gube the Big10 flack last season for getting the most bids and most every team was out vefore the weekend was over.

SEC deserves to be leaughed at. We were uven really good seeds and were upset across the board. All teams were favorites with a higher seed: #3, #4, #6, #7, #8 and ALL lost. That's beyond embarassing..
You're not wrong about it being embarrassing. I agree with you about last year and the Big 10 being overrated. They weren't wrong in the seeding,but I wasnt expecting Tennessee to be the only team to make it to the round of 32 so far in the tournament. I also didn't expect NC State and Clemson to look so good either. The tournament can be a funny thing.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Auburn shot 51 percent for the game and lost. Yale got 21 points from the FT line--21 of 31. Auburn made 15 FTs. That was the difference, plus
Yale had 9 Treys to 7 for Auburn.

It's not that the SEC is losing. It's how, and to whom. Auburn losing to Yale, plus neither SC nor Miss. State was very competitive--they both got handled pretty easily. Kentucky losing to Oakland. Ouch.

Reactions: DowntownVol
It's not that the SEC is losing. It's how, and to whom. Auburn losing to Yale, plus neither SC nor Miss. State was very competitive--they both got handled pretty easily. Kentucky losing to Oakland. Ouch.

Kentucky losing to Oakland was the greatest. It‘s going to provide comedy gold for months with the Cats.

Auburn shot 51 percent for the game and lost. Yale got 21 points from the FT line--21 of 31. Auburn made 15 FTs. That was the difference, plus
Yale had 9 Treys to 7 for Auburn.
And Auburn had a chance with FTs at the end and couldn’t hit them. They lost because Yale wanted it

I agree. It's not just losing. It's being bad and getting embarassed. At least Florida fought to the end.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife

VN Store

Back