The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #3 Purdue NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, TBS

I just don’t believe in that call. That’s a season defining call with very little contact when Edwards has his leg out.

Looks like the back of Turner's shoulder that actually makes contact with him. If it was just his slight kick out, probably doesn't get called.

If you can't enjoy a hella' season without saying "good riddance" to these players, you have maturity issues.

Ahh, I thought you were still discussing the foul. I was trying to figure out how some of us believing it shouldn’t be called was relevant to me being a father of 4 kids.

Reactions: NCFisher
This isn't directed at you, but the main problem with the fan base is the Ricky Bobby if you ain't first your last mentality. CRB took over a dumpster fire 4 years ago and has us in the sweet 16. If you can't be happy with that then I feel for you as you must be unhappy most of the time. Try looking on the bright side occasionally - its a lot better IMO.

I agree with you. All I’m saying is, is it won’t go any further than what it did this year.

I want to go further and I expect more. Nothing is wrong with being unhappy about good or great. I want to be the best.

If you can't enjoy a hella' season without saying "good riddance" to these players, you have maturity issues.
Good riddance! They accomplished nothing but winning it 19 games in a row against mediocre competition. Every time they had a chance for a championship or to hang a banner they didn't show up.

Good riddance! They accomplished nothing but winning it 19 games in a row against mediocre competition. Every time they had a chance for a championship or to hang a banner they didn't show up.

Exactly! They played in way too many close games to be a legitimate #1 despite fans projecting it on them. They gave what they had, did so honorably, and leave the program in much better shape that they found it. If you don't appreciate that because your poor little heart got broken and you're in a pissy mood, you a miserable sob. FFS, man, get a grip on yourself.

Reactions: walkenvol
I’ll never understand why our fans settle for mediocrity. I’ve been a member here since 2007 and reading since ‘05. It never fails.

Love these group of men, but they underachieved this year. They didn’t show up when it mattered most.
Are fans acceptance of mediocrity is why that's all we ever get. It's like the old saying the least you expect is the most you ever get. You don't see Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina fans giddy after losses.

Good because I don't believe you're worthy of carrying on a decent conversation. All you're doing is defending mediocrity.

You haven't carried on a conversation. You post in half sentences, yet make bold claims. This isn't about participation trophies, mediocrity, or any other type of bs you try to spout as an excuse for your piss poor immaturity. With your attitude, I highly doubt you understand what it means to win at anything in life. I can tell by your rhetoric, you give up easily and complain alot. You are probably very unsuccessful in life and put all your identity in your sports team to feel validated.

This group of players have grown alot as individuals, as a team, and as a program. If you fail to see that, I really don't know what to say, but to advise you to take a deeper look into yourself. The problem isn't with this group, but within you. You have to build from the ground up and that is what Rick Barnes has done here. It has taken Purdue 4 years in a row to get over the sweet 16 hump. UVA is fighting to make it to the final four for the first time since the 80's though always being a one seed. It doesn't happen with the snap of a finger and asking for a new roster. You have to work with what you have, develop those guys, instill a winning culture, and prepare the next group coming up. This team has done that exact thing. Because of them we will able to bring in more talent and compete in the immediate future. It's a shame how the season ended, but that is sports and life in general. You don't always get the bounce. But you can always keep fighting and that is what we did. Expectations are high because these guys set that bar high. I'm proud of them for raising that standard. Tonight will hurt, but I'll be damned if history doesn't look favorable upon these players and this team.

You haven't carried on a conversation. You post in half sentences, yet make bold claims. This isn't about participation trophies, mediocrity, or any other type of bs you try to spout as an excuse for your piss poor immaturity. With your attitude, I highly doubt you understand what it means to win at anything in life. I can tell by your rhetoric, you give up easily and complain alot. You are probably very unsuccessful in life and put all your identity in your sports team to feel validated.

This group of players have grown alot as individuals, as a team, and as a program. If you fail to see that, I really don't know what to say, but to advise you to take a deeper look into yourself. The problem isn't with this group, but within you. You have to build from the ground up and that is what Rick Barnes has done here. It has taken Purdue 4 years in a row to get over the sweet 16 hump. UVA is fighting to make it to the final four for the first time since the 80's though always being a one seed. It doesn't happen with the snap of a finger and asking for a new roster. You have to work with what you have, develop those guys, instill a winning culture, and prepare the next group coming up. This team has done that exact thing. Because of them we will able to bring in more talent and compete in the immediate future. It's a shame how the season ended, but that is sports and life in general. You don't always get the bounce. But you can always keep fighting and that is what we did. Expectations are high because these guys set that bar high. I'm proud of them for raising that standard. Tonight will hurt, but I'll be damned if history doesn't look favorable upon these players and this team.
Go on living in your fantasy land. I promise you 20 years from now we will still not be any further along than we are right now. Mediocrity is accepted down there

And by the way history will not remember this team. History does not remember teams without championships. Nobody will remember small little details along the way

Are fans acceptance of mediocrity is why that's all we ever get. It's like the old saying the least you expect is the most you ever get. You don't see Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina fans giddy after losses.

This team lacked a killer instinct and I don’t know why. Had they started the game with the same fire they played with in the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half they would have won. It’s like they realized their season was about to end so they turned it to 100. But they played so poorly in the first half it didn’t matter.

This team showed up when they wanted. And it cost them...as everyone predicted

VN Store

Back