The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #3 Purdue NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, TBS

WAHHH!!!! Cry me a river! I enjoyed this season and am proud of these guys. They fell short of their expectations, but goodness, we haven't had expectations like this in a long time, if ever for our basketball program! They were 3* that were recruited over by everyone. Yet they put in the time and hardwork and were the #1 team in the country for four weeks. They have alot to lift their heads high up about and the success we have in the future will be built upon the foundation this team set.
Losing mentality!!!

I understand this was a disappointing lose, but it's really pretty pathetic for Vol fans to be saying stupid stuff like "this season was a failure". How in the heck can anybody in their right mind say this season was a failure? And then implying Barnes isn't a good coach because of his March performance. Very few coaches could've done what he's done with this team the past couple of years. Blows my mind that fans aren't happy with him as our coach.

WAHHH!!!! Cry me a river! I enjoyed this season and am proud of these guys. They fell short of their expectations, but goodness, we haven't had expectations like this in a long time, if ever for our basketball program! They were 3* that were recruited over by everyone. Yet they put in the time and hardwork and were the #1 team in the country for four weeks. They have alot to lift their heads high up about and the success we have in the future will be built upon the foundation this team set.

I agree with you, this was a good group of guys that were fun to watch. But if we are honest, pointing out that we were number one in the country for four weeks, while failing to win our conference, SEC tournament, or get past the sweet 16, says more about the polls than it does about us.

Reactions: NCFisher
He did kick out slightly. Not an NBA kick out. But I just don’t believe in that being called after Edwards users off arm to get open.

Dang that is a weak call just seeing it. Like I said 50/50. Sometimes ref's don't fall for the phantom act other times they get called if a feather hits the shooter.

This is not at you, but this is the main problem with the fan base. We are okay with this.
This isn't directed at you, but the main problem with the fan base is the Ricky Bobby if you ain't first your last mentality. CRB took over a dumpster fire 4 years ago and has us in the sweet 16. If you can't be happy with that then I feel for you as you must be unhappy most of the time. Try looking on the bright side occasionally - its a lot better IMO.

I understand this was a disappointing lose, but it's really pretty pathetic for Vol fans to be saying stupid stuff like "this season was a failure". How in the heck can anybody in their right mind say this season was a failure? And then implying Barnes isn't a good coach because of his March performance. Very few coaches could've done what he's done with this team the past couple of years. Blows my mind that fans aren't happy with him as our coach.

It’s stupidity for fans to not be happy with Barnes. Disappointed? Sure. But he assembled this team. You take the good with the bad. They had chances to win, and it had nothing to do with Rick Barnes.

Back to wandering in the wilderness. Next few years will not be anywhere near as successful. Oh well.😑
Why do you say this....we lose 2 seniors and have a 5* arriving along with a 4* big red shirting. We should be in the mix again next season.

Got it.

You can’t back up your claim which is contrary to what was called and the majority of people agree with....

Check
I would have like to have seen more than 2 camera angles. In the Duke/UCF game, CBS kept pulling camera angles out of their ass trying to show that UCF had a shot clock violation.

I agree with you, this was a good group of guys that were fun to watch. But if we are honest, pointing out that we were number one in the country for four weeks, while failing to win our conference, SEC tournament, or get past the sweet 16, says more about the polls than it does about us.

Exactly. I never felt like they were a #1 team due to the uneven play, and didn't think they were slighted when dropped to #7.

Reactions: sccshortstop
It's all just luck of the draw. Exact same thing that happened to us happened to Auburn against NMSU. Their guy only makes one of three FTs. AU wins.

My opinion is it was clearly a foul and Turner knew he fouled him by giving the old "throw my arms up to show I didn't touch him" maneuver.

VN Store

Back