The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #3 Purdue NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 7:30 PM ET, TBS

Tough loss. Team was too tight in the first half. Although I enjoyed the season immensely, this team had limitations, especially defensively. Hopefully we can recruit better and add some depth.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I'm not going to debate on here anything regarding refs.

The story of the game, for me (which happens in one and done tournaments), is that Purdue had a kid that was absolutely unconscious in a way that would make Steph Curry jealous and both teams were laying bricks at the free throw line. All the talk of the refs....if that Purdue kid were human at any point in the game, none of that would have mattered.

The story of the game, for me (which happens in one and done tournaments), is that Purdue had a kid that was absolutely unconscious in a way that would make Steph Curry jealous and both teams were laying bricks at the free throw line. All the talk of the refs....if that Purdue kid were human at any point in the game, none of that would have mattered.
Troll

That's my fear. It also seems like there's something broken in how this team approaches meaningful games. Both championship games and this they looked totally unprepared mentally.

They were nervous tonight in the first half. On radio, Bob asked Bert about him playing in 5 NCAAT games, and they both said there are always butterflies to start these games. We relied on some jump shots and didn’t hit them.

Second half they just played down so much.

Yep it went off his foot and they had to see it with the monitor. If I was Barnes that tape would be sent to the SEC office.

What angle did you see? The angle you are probably talking about "looks" like he does simply because from our vantage point his leg brushes past the ball. Piece the tapes together and it seems more logical to think the ball wasn't near Edwards left leg, but away from it.

That foul call at the end of regulation was bogus. But if we hit ft then it doesn't matter. Way too many free points left on the line.

Reactions: Frozevol
It will be interesting to see what happens. It's hard to imagine replacing Kyle and Admiral, but no doubt we still have some talent. If we can get a grad transfer with some serious size, maybe we can get back to the S16 and beyond (all assuming Grant stays [I still THINK he will] ).
Good riddance to all of them. If they can't win when it matters we don't need them

Bone is coming back and if Grant does not he will regret it. You see how he was so limited tonight inside. Those NBA guys will chew him up and spit him out. Stay and shoot 500 3s a day until next year at this time and have a fighting chance.[/
Unless their agents/parents tell them otherwise (and that rarely happens) both should go and I think they both will.

Yep it went off his foot and they had to see it with the monitor. If I was Barnes that tape would be sent to the SEC office.
When the sun comes up over the mountain it's not actually touching the mountain. When you look from the other side you can see how much space is between them

Most telling part imo was no UT player arguing at all. None

Enough to cause his right foot to place 2-3 feet off where he would have landed. The Purdue coach saw it right away.

Purdue coach was claiming we weee fouling every time down and complained in his half time interview. I guess he’s always correct.

VN Store

Back