The Official #2 Tennessee vs. #15 Colgate NCAA Tournament Game Thread, 2:45 PM ET, CBS

We didn’t play our best ball tonight but we survived the three point onslaught.

March is about getting the win and advancing. They did that today. Better than going back to Knoxville.

It’s called March Madness for a reason. Always one bad game away from going home. The Vols live to fight another day.

Happy for these guys. Go Vols!!

Thankfully NDSU playing Dook close in the first half took some of the shade away from our struggle.

Thankfully NDSU playing Dook close in the first half took some of the shade away from our struggle.

Gotta say NDSU isn't a program you take lightly. They're known for their football, but they're a tough out in hoops, too. Wouldn't it be great if they pulled of an epic upset? Heck, Liberty is giving Miss St. all they want. Gotta love march madness. Too bad college football limits itself with a 4 team playoff.

Gotta say NDSU isn't a program you take lightly. They're known for their football, but they're a tough out in hoops, too. Wouldn't it be great if they pulled of an epic upset? Heck, Liberty is giving Miss St. all they want. Gotta love march madness. Too bad college football limits itself with a 4 team playoff.
Looks like Coach K went nuts in the locker room. Duke is playing now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Remy
Get by Iowa, good shot at final four.

I admire the optimism, but when I look at the bracket, I see names like Purdue, Villanova, Oklahoma, Virginia and Oregon. Honestly, I'm having a very hard time with optimism after the way we played today.

Liberty is 3rd 12 to beat a 5, so everyone can give you all you want. One at a time, no concerns about the last game. Move on and don't look back. We set a record for most consecutive wins earlier for an UT team. Therefore we are capable of winning it all. Take down Iowa and rest up.

Colgate ain't ****. We have been living on the sword with the 3 on defense all year. They had an excellent game plan. GBO

Colgate was hitting threes that 95% of the time would not fall. 3-5 feet behind the line or right in the face of a defender. Some skill and a good bit of luck is how I saw it. If they would have shot threes from half court, they probably would have hit those and won. Play them 10 times and Tennessee would average 25+ point wins. Game over. We won by 7.

VN Store

Back