The Official #19 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Not having Josiah tonight shouldn't cost a win, but man, not a good feeling to know this team's leading rebounder may be out.
And best perimeter defender. A lot of players I’d rather have been missing before him. Oh well got to find a way to win.

Fulky HAS to step up tonight or I'm afraid he won't for the rest of the year... James out really hurts... Vols 72-61

I was trying to take a pic of my new jersey and got scolded by an usher for having my mask off

Figuring it out and doing something about it are two different things. Barnes isn’t go to play zone regardless of how bad an outside shooting team the opponent is.
I don't have a high basketball IQ, but it seems like UT needs to pack the defense in under the rim and make them shoot it from the outside, no matter how it goes. The percentages would be in UTs favor. I don't know if that has to be in a zone or if there is a better way to accomplish it. I just know that the last few games UT has been exposed on defense, which is a little surprising.

As far as offense, UT just needs to beat the press a few times with the transition and the opposition should back down. Easier said than done though, especially when everyone wants to beat UT so badly this year.

Springer had 30 last week when I was in attendance, he gets 20 with 7 assists and 10 boards, tonight and picks up the slack for JJJ being out

VN Store

Back