The Official #19 Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Isn't it about here when UT starts to fold it up for the season? Why not against USCe?

After all the SEC tourney will be upon us very soon. We know how that always works for us.

How is seeding for the SEC tournament going to work with so many teams playing incomplete schedules?

Glancing at remaining schedules, and if games are not made up, it would seem LSU has the easiest path to the #2 seed with UT and Florida most likely battling for a #3 seed. Arkansas has the toughest remaining schedule, so I see them as the #5 seed. And Missouri and Ole Miss will play Tuesday for likely rights to the #6 seed. Prediction...

1.Alabama
2.LSU
3.Florida or UT
4.UT or Florida
5.Arkansas
6.Missouri or Ole Miss
7.Ole Miss or Missouri
8.Georgia
9.Kentucky
10.Mississippi St
11.Auburn
12.South Carolina
13.Texas a&m
14.Vanderbilt

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
How is seeding for the SEC tournament going to work with so many teams playing incomplete schedules?

Glancing at remaining schedules, and if games are not made up, it would seem LSU has the easiest path to the #2 seed with UT and Florida most likely battling for a #3 seed. Arkansas has the toughest remaining schedule, so I see them as the #5 seed. And Missouri and Ole Miss will play Tuesday for likely rights to the #6 seed. Prediction...

1.Alabama
2.LSU
3.Florida or UT
4.UT or Florida
5.Arkansas
6.Missouri or Ole Miss
7.Ole Miss or Missouri
8.Georgia
9.Kentucky
10.Mississippi St
11.Auburn
12.South Carolina
13.Texas a&m
14.Vanderbilt

Clinching a double-bye is of paramount importance to me, as it should be for the team, but I'd truthfully prefer the #4 seed (dates with either SCAR or Arky in the quarterfinals and Alabama in the semifinals) than the #3 seed if that standing were to be etched in stone.

Clinching a double-bye is of paramount importance to me, as it should be for the team, but I'd truthfully prefer the #4 seed (dates with either SCAR or Arky in the quarterfinals and Alabama in the semifinals) than the #3 seed if that standing were to be etched in stone.

Yeah I like that scenario better too. Florida and LSU really need to play eacthother and make up that game, because it is absolutely huge for seeding purposes.

THE SERIES

• Tennessee leads the all-time series with South Carolina, 47-28, dating to 1927. The Vols have won five of their last six games against the Gamecocks.
• The Volunteers own a 28-9 lead when this series is contested in Knoxville and have won three straight over the Gamecocks at Thompson-Boling Arena.
• Wednesday marks the 18th head-to-head meeting between good friends Rick Barnes and Frank Martin.

Barnes leads the head to head series at 9 wins to 8 for Martin.

Well, I'm going again, tonight, so mark it down as a win. Looks like I may have an extra ticket, if somebody wants to hang out with The Dog ? I'll know for sure within the hour

Reactions: Vol49er
Based on the Ole Miss and LSU games, this is how to beat UT:

Full court press all game & aggressively drive the basketball to the rim every time you get it. I don't know enough about USC to predict, but if they can replicate these two games this one will be close too.

Hopefully UT has figured this out by now.

Based on the Ole Miss and LSU games, this is how to beat UT:

Full court press all game & aggressively drive the basketball to the rim every time you get it. I don't know enough about USC to predict, but if they can replicate these two games this one will be close too.

Hopefully UT has figured this out by now.

Figuring it out and doing something about it are two different things. Barnes isn’t go to play zone regardless of how bad an outside shooting team the opponent is.

VN Store

Back