• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

The Official #12 Tennessee vs. Cincinnati Game Thread, 12:30 PM ET, SEC Network Alt

I'd love to have a pure shooter, but we just don't take many 3s under Barnes, only 12 today. Even our great 2018-19 team was only 12th in the SEC in 3 attempts per game. It really helps to have a guy or two like that on any team. Having the ability to make 3s keeps you in a game at times like it did Cincy today and allows teams to upset teams like us in the tournament.

Bailey & Santi both are pure shooters. Just not that style of play by Barnes.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
JJJ not getting any love but he turned the game around with 15 minutes to go and Cincy had gone up 3 (and we were flat). A steal, 4 FTs and a basket.
He's fine I feel. He got in Coach Barnes doghouse early today and earned some bench time. I think the ball will start with him on the offensive end by tournament time. Barnes is going to continue to play with the roster up until SEC play.

If they get offense clicking, national championship caliber team. Yeah I said it

If they get offense clicking, national championship caliber team. Yeah I said it
Certainly if we could pair this D with an elite offense then yeah. I wouldn’t hold your breath though. The O should improve from the first two games but it’s worth considering that the offense was below average last year and we didn’t add any elite scorers or anything and lost Bowden (Keon and Jaden are great but will make their money on the defensive end in the NBA)

Certainly if we could pair this D with an elite offense then yeah. I wouldn’t hold your breath though. The O should improve from the first two games but it’s worth considering that the offense was below average last year and we didn’t add any elite scorers or anything and lost Bowden (Keon and Jaden are great but will make their money on the defensive end in the NBA)

Honestly. We just need the offense to he above average. Elite defense is a much more rare thing in college basketball. Wasn't like Virgina lit the scoreboard up every game, it was just hard as hell to score points on them lol

A lot of their issues are just missed shots, and easy shots at that, so that’s very correctable. If they were struggling getting easy looks it would be concerning. But that’s not the case with their struggles. Jmo

A lot of their issues are just missed shots, and easy shots at that, so that’s very correctable. If they were struggling getting easy looks it would be concerning. But that’s not the case with their struggles. Jmo
... and getting passing angles against the zone. Pons and Fulk have to do a better job of being a wide receiver and finding the gap in the zone and the guards have to do a better job of getting them the ball when they do.

Reactions: Vol49er
... and getting passing angles against the zone. Pons and Fulk have to do a better job of being a wide receiver and finding the gap in the zone and the guards have to do a better job of getting them the ball when they do.
Yeah this is what I hope gets fixed. The shots will fall eventually but there’s been half a dozen times each game where there’s been clear opportunities to score down low and for one reason or the other we haven’t gotten the ball there

Reactions: Lefteye

VN Store

Back