The Official #12 Tennessee vs. Cincinnati Game Thread, 12:30 PM ET, SEC Network Alt

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#12 Tennessee Volunteers: 1-0 (0-0 SEC)

Eo064z0UcAAl-j_

vs.

Cincinnati Bearcats: 2-1 (0-0 AAC)

usa_today_15294704.0.jpg

GAME 2 | TENNESSEE vs. CINCINNATI - Dec. 12, 2020 | 12:31 p.m. ET | Thompson-Boling Arena (4,191)

Line: UT -7
O/U: 131.5

TV: SEC Network Alt. / Watch
Radio:
Vol Network / Listen
Satellite Radio:
XM: TBA / Internet: TBA
Online: WatchESPN app

Cincinnati Game Notes

Eo-WxXsXEAAPWj7

THE SERIES

• UT trails its all-time series with Cincinnati, 1-6, dating to 1952. The Vols' lone win in the series came at home in 1956.
• The Bearcats defended their homecourt last season with a 78-66 win over the Vols on Dec. 18.
• This year, Cincinnati welcomes two key transfers in point guard David DeJulius (Michigan) and big man Rapolas Ivanauskas (Colgate).
• Tennessee owns a 49-43 all-time record against current members of the American Athletic Conference.
• Vols head coach Rick Barnes is 22-20 against AAC opposition.

LAYUP LINES

• Tennessee has won 77 percent of its games a ranked team during the Barnes era (56-17). The Vols are 12th in this week's AP poll.
• Thompson-Boling Arena has an adjusted capacity of 4,191 this season. All available ticket inventory sold out quickly in November.
• A preseason media poll predicted Tennessee to win this year's SEC championship.
• Seniors John Fulkerson and Yves Pons were both named to the Wooden Award preseason top-50 watch list. Pons also earned a spot on the preseason watch list for the Naismith Trophy College Player of the Year.
• In Tuesday's season-opener vs. Colorado, Tennessee started five left-handers.

TRENDING

• Through the games of Wednesday, Dec. 9, Tennessee led the nation in scoring defense, allowing just 47.0 points per game.
• First-year Vols Victor Bailey Jr. (8), Jaden Springer (6), E.J. Anosike (4) and Keon Johnson (4) combined for 22 points Tuesday.
• After shooting .360 from 3-point range as a true freshman last season, point guard Santiago Vescovi was 3-of-4 from beyond the arc Tuesday vs. Colorado.
• The Vols totaled 12 steals in the win over Colorado (and forced 23 turnovers). Last season, UT logged double-digit steals just three times.
• Senior forward John Fulkerson owned Tennessee's best plus/minus rating in the team's opener, as the Vols were +12 when he was on the court.

ABOUT CINCINNATI

• Cincinnati under second-year head coach John Brennan is off to a 2-1 start to the young season, with home victories over Lipscomb and Furman bookending a tough 77-69 loss to cross-town rival Xavier.
• Prior to the end of the COVID-19-shortened 2019-20 season, Cincinnati had just won a share of the AAC regular-season championship and was poised to make a run through the AAC Tournament and into the Big Dance.
• Through three games, the Bearcats have gotten the production they've needed from senior guard Keith Williams, who leads the team in scoring with 17.3 points per game. On Wednesday night against Furman, Williams took over, scoring 27 points, pulling in five boards and added two steals and a pair of blocks in the win.
• Like with Williams, UC looks for regular production from senior center Chris Vogt. In last season's contest with Tennessee, Vogt put in quality time in the paint, scoring 11 points on 5-of-8 shooting from the field. This year, he is the team's third-leading scorer with 9.3 points per contest and has been a nuisance on defense, totaling four blocks through three games.
• Cincinnati has also already seen a ton of production from junior David DeJulius. The Michigan transfer through three games is the team's second-leading scorer (10.3 ppg) and the team leader in both rebounding (6.7 rpg) and assists (5.0 apg).
• Cincinnati's student-run newspaper, The News Record, much like Tennessee's Daily Beacon, is an independently run newspaper that is editorially independent of the university, meaning that any student, regardless of major, is able to work and contribute for the publication.

will flip channels for 3o minutes, then stick with this

think this will better than what we saw 51 weeks ago

Reactions: ATC_VOL
I think Keith Williams for Cincinnati with have a big bullseye target on his back. I'm ready for our basketball version of the Orange Crush defense to create some chaos and break their will.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
The game may be on SECN+. At least it's showing on my on-screen schedule of programming for the day. I thought it odd that our game would be relegated to an "overflow channel" given that we are currently ranked 12th in the nation.

The game may be on SECN+. At least it's showing on my on-screen schedule of programming for the day. I thought it odd that our game would be relegated to an "overflow channel" given that we are currently ranked 12th in the nation.
It’s still football season.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Does anyone know if SECN+ is available on YoutubeTV?

Also, I hope the Vols show us why they are highly rated today. I could really use a successful UT basketball season this year.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Does anyone know if SECN+ is available on YoutubeTV?

Also, I hope the Vols show us why they are highly rated today. I could really use a successful UT basketball season this year.
Download the espn app and sign in with your YouTube tv information. Mine buffered a lot using the app on firestick but was great quality on phone. Did anybody else have this problem?

Reactions: marvin616
Download the espn app and sign in with your YouTube tv information. Mine buffered a lot using the app on firestick but was great quality on phone. Did anybody else have this problem?

I didn't have any buffering issues but the quality would drop from 1080 to 720 occasionally.

Reactions: Kyvol55

VN Store

Back