The Official #12 Tennessee vs. Cincinnati Game Thread, 12:30 PM ET, SEC Network Alt

Keon made some bone headed plays.

He’s learning to play the game at the college level.

He’ll continue to get better.
He keeps putting the ball on the floor in front of defenders. Likely worked for him in HS but not at this level. They'll pick him every time. He'll learn. When he does, JJ will find his minutes going down. Really like what I'm seeing from Springer tho. It's clear neither he or KJ are intimidated by the stage. I'll be interested to see if they're impacted by the freshman wall when the grind of the SEC begins.

I think they will be a good team as soon as they learn not to shoot 3 pointers on every possession. Good on defense and good size. I think they make the tournament.
Actually the 3 pointers kept them in it today. Shot horrible from 3 the first two games and stayed in the game with us today by hitting 3’s

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Just a ?, with COVID do you even get to practice or are you limited.
If you've got enough you can. I think it just really depends on how many within the program are affected and contact tracing determines if you have enough to practice. In our case we had so many that we had to pretty much shut down all team events including practices.

Actually the 3 pointers kept them in it today. Shot horrible from 3 the first two games and stayed in the game with us today by hitting 3’s
Maybe so but look at the free throw discrepancy. That's a direct result of a team taking to the basket vs a team settling. Oh, and a little bit of a friendly whistle.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
Maybe so but look at the free throw discrepancy. That's a direct result of a team taking to the basket vs a team settling. Oh, and a little bit of a friendly whistle.

It’s just kind of indicative of a Barnes defense. We deny the interior hard so teams settle for a lot of 3 pointers against us. Sometimes they hit em, sometimes they don’t

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I was just about to post that this may be one of, if not the lowest scoring output cincy has all season. This Is win #2 against 2 very solid squads!
Tn legs are not yet in the shape needed to be both elite on D and shooting the ball with efficiency. It will get better. In CHRIST Alone

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Nice win. Offense had its moments where they showed how good they can be. Defense shined all day. Ready for Tuesday!

Keon is going to be really good when he learns how to take care of the ball, seems he’s just careless at times more than anything.

JJJ reminds me a lot of Bone, not so much in their style of play, but more so in their ability. JJJ and Bone both had a streaky jumper and the ability to get to the rim on a consistent basis early in their careers but struggled to convert when they did. If James can realize how dominant he can be and learn how to finish I think he could be great.

I really like the scheduling with two tough games then mid majors. Learning how to win, and these mid major games coming up should sort things out offensively, I think we’ll settled in come conference play.

I'd love to have a pure shooter, but we just don't take many 3s under Barnes, only 12 today. Even our great 2018-19 team was only 12th in the SEC in 3 attempts per game. It really helps to have a guy or two like that on any team. Having the ability to make 3s keeps you in a game at times like it did Cincy today and allows teams to upset teams like us in the tournament.

VN Store

Back