The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

Yeah, this will sound very convenient, but maybe college baseball should not try so hard for regional matchups and possibly reseed after regionals?
GBO!!

seems too fair… so it won’t ever be implemented. You got to think though, TN received no real advantage for being so dominant all season. 2 of the top 10 HR hitting teams were placed in our regional! Ga Tech leads the nation in batting average. Then they pair Texas Tech and ND in the 16’s bracket knowing damn well one of them was going to end up in Knoxville in the supers. Teams like Tx AM canceled midweek games late to keep their rpi up and now they’re Omaha bound.

We were the best team in the regular season. and we amhave a regular season and sec tourney championship to show for it.

This whole natty or bust idea is asinine.
Not natty or bust but you can’t be the best team if you don’t win in Omaha. It’s that simple. Not taking anything away from the season. Just responding to the “best team this year” comment.

Reactions: Volstylexx
Hasn’t happened in over 2 decades.
Pros play best of 7 for a reason
And the best team in MLB doesn’t always win either. Like I stated earlier, the Braves won 88 games and won the the World Series. It is a very common occurrence for the best team to not win the World Series. This is nothing new.

I’m talking about the best team in baseball. Tell me how many times the best team in baseball actually wins the entire thing. I’ll wait.

Bingo. It seems there are some that just don’t get this. 1999. That was the last year the best team in baseball won it all. 23 years. And there have been some really great teams in that span.

Do people really think that TV will leave the program for another job, especially with the investment that Danny White is committing to the program?
I think the investment TV has in the program is greater than Danny White's in the Program.... He is a competitor and will bring a Championship or 2 to this University.
He ain't going anywhere and I think he took the loss today as an incentive to move forward....IOW He ain't going anywhere until the job is done....

Reactions: chuckiepoo
seems too fair… so it won’t ever be implemented. You got to think though, TN received no real advantage for being so dominant all season. 2 of the top 10 HR hitting teams were placed in our regional! Ga Tech leads the nation in batting average. Then they pair Texas Tech and ND in the 16’s bracket knowing damn well one of them was going to end up in Knoxville in the supers. Teams like Tx AM canceled midweek games late to keep their rpi up and now they’re Omaha bound.
A&M has a good squad, the one that is really going to hurt, is Ole Miss.
GBO!!

Well the Dudes are probably going to be good again next year so this is probably the new normal.
They were good last year as well. I mean think about it. How long has it been since TN baseball was nationally relevant?

I mean we went something like 31-3 with a Friday, Saturday, Sunday lineup who ALL return next year. Dolly will be a top 10 pick in the 2023 draft, and the incoming transfer from Kansas is a top prospect also. You have a healthy Dickie who led the team in batting average before injury, and Burke who will eventually break the TN HR record. This team isn’t going anywhere.

edited to also add: Kirby is back and your midweek guy who has a 1.40 era. There’s no reason we don’t lead the nation in era again next year.

Yep.
Dolly, Burns, Beam, Sechrist, Kirby, McLaughlin, Mabrey...
1st Burke
2nd Ortega
SS Maui
3rd Lawson
OF
Backus
C Moore
Stephenson
Catcher is the only question mark imo.
Taylor is capable behind the plate but he has to get better at the plate.
And you know we’ll have some freshman step up and play big, along with maybe some more transfers.
GBO!!
Edit...
I forgot about Dickey!

What about Halverson will he be back from injury? I thought he would be a starter this year haven't heard anything about him lately.

VN Store

Back