The Official #1 Tennessee vs Notre Dame Super Regional Games Thread (Fri 6/10 6PM EST ESPN 2) ( Sat. 6/11 2PM EST ESPN ) (Sun. 6/12 1PM EST ESPN)

But you can say they are national champions.
Like every other team, Omaha takes experience and luck of the draw. Most have to pay their dues. Ms ST last year as an example. The SEC is brutal and I honestly think playing a tournament is useless. I guess it has to be done but the extra wear and tear ? Now we get Oklahoma and Texas soon. Which is going to make it even more difficult. I love baseball and the Vols... sometimes though I wonder if it isnt better to have a one a done and rest in the SECT

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Like every other team, Omaha takes experience and luck of the draw. Most have to pay their dues. Ms ST last year as an example. The SEC is brutal and I honestly think playing a tournament is useless. I guess it has to be done but the extra wear and tear ? Now we get Oklahoma and Texas soon. Which is going to make it even more difficult. I love baseball and the Vols... sometimes though I wonder if it isnt better to have a one a done and rest in the SECT

I'm for doing away with the SECT, in baseball and basketball. Sure they're great to win, but in both sports this year we won them and they did us really no good.

The fact that tons of people on Twitter and other fan bases are trashing us for this loss tells you all you need to know about this team.
l
Well said. Back in the Todd Raleigh and Dave Serrano years, losses were disappointing, but unfortunately, they were always expected, at least most of the time. Now those losses are painful because we care so much, and we know what our team is capable of. The fact that we’re hated so much just shows the jealousy. They better get used to it, because we’re not going anywhere. We may not be as dominant in 2023, but the Tennessee Volunteers will have a big say in the world of college baseball. #GB⚾

l
Well said. Back in the Todd Raleigh and Dave Serrano years, losses were disappointing, but unfortunately, they were always expected, at least most of the time. Now those losses are painful because we care so much, and we know what our team is capable of. The fact that we’re hated so much just shows the jealousy. They better get usedvtomit, because we’re not going anywhere. We may not be as dominant in 2023, but the Tennessee Volunteers will have a big say in the world of college bears all. #GB⚾

Or…it says something about Twitter and it’s users.

GBO!!!

Notre Dame won 7-3. To say the Vols beat the Vols is factually incorrect because if that were the case then the Vols would be credited with a win and a loss. Notre Dame won, Tennessee lost.
I’m not talking about literal records, man- come on.
Tennessee beat themselves today more so than ND beat them.
Tennessee doesn’t make those errors and we’re not even having this conversation.

Really disappointing end to a really good season. Fun team, glad I got to see them play in person once. Really great kids that treat their younger fans with a ton of class. Go Vols
Yes. And coaches that treat their players well. Especially their pitcherss’ arms. I’m looking forward to next year!

After what happened Friday night and more undisciplined sloppy play today I’m glad we lost I don’t wanna team full of cocky bratty bad sportsmanship jerks being rewarded! CTV and players made way too many mistakes because they are cocky and undisciplined! You get what you deserve! If we made it to Omaha and lost it would be not as bad, but to lose the way we did to that team proves Vols need to work on A LOT to be a champion! Drew Gilbert would never play for me again unless he matures, upper classmen must be better! I’m not heartbroken or feel any pity for them at all! Go play ball, execute and don’t be stupid!
I don’t mean to be ugly. Saw your posts earlier and ignored them. I have a strong feeling that I would not like you irl. Also doubt you’re really a TN fan

I will also say, I'm trying to be optimistic, but everytime things like this happen I question if I will ever see the Vols win a national title in any sport I follow. I'm not old enough for 98. Never have and never will follow WBB. Softball was so close in 12 and couldn't do it. I dont trust Barnes at all, Football still has a long way to go, and baseball after this team who knows whats gonna happen
I hope so too for you, and for myself and for all of us. In the meantime, thank you for teaching me so much about baseball this year in your posts. I really appreciate it. GBO!

ND started a guy who was a midweek starter and basically a reliever. We started our Friday night go who went like 8-1 with less than a 3.00 ERA. Totally different. Burns was dealing until the 7th. I can understand the argument to take him out after the first HR. Not before then.

Listening to the talk shows saying it was not the mistake of not taking Burns out that cost us this game. I disagree. We pissed away our advantage having the better fresher arms starting the day. Your starter did his job by pitching into the 6th let the other players do their job.

Well the kid throws 100 and also plays a position of desperate need. I could see him doing both.
MLB is based on a position of need...if you are not great at your single position you will not always get drafted. This does not apply to OF/P but being versatile is the key...and of course the hitting always has to be there except for the Pitchers.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maybe we could get @TN_gal to start The Dugout thread, she usually starts those kind of threads too or one of the mods to start it if @NO SIR EEE isnt around.
I think gal said she’s taking a few days off and NSE has done so much, I dont want to seem pushy.😁
I’m watching the Stanford game with NorCal, over in the “excluding Tennessee “ thread.
GBO!!

Listening to the talk shows saying it was not the mistake of not taking Burns out that cost us this game. I disagree. We pissed away our advantage having the better fresher arms starting the day. Your starter did his job by pitching into the 6th let the other players do their job.
Yea heck, had he pulled him, we might be sitting here bioching about how the bullpen blew it and Tony never should have taken the ball from Burns.

We may have loss the game when we did not flip the switch on in the 4th and 5th innings. We made too many errors, played tight and got comfortable. It's ok. We made Mental mistakes as well. You just can't say it was Burns it contributed but we lost a little killer instinct and did not produce runs where we had in the past...This was a team loss period....

Well the kid throws 100 and also plays a position of desperate need. I could see him doing both.

So you’re going to catch this kid Fri & Sat and pitch him Sunday? If he can hit SEC pitching, he’ll be a catcher most likely. If he can’t, he’ll be a pitcher. That will be determined in the fall but he won’t do both.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back