The Official #1 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPN (Checker TBA)

Wish we could have played KU now and our team would have been unbeaten!

I bet the Duke/UVA winner will be number 1 next week regardless of what we do today. We'll see. If we win I think we still fall to #2. If we lose (as if...) we fall further. Hope I'm wrong but that's what I expect. I wish Zion would take Pippen's advice and sit the rest of the season to prep for the NBA draft.

Most disagree. And maybe you're right. I can't say I hope so, because I don't really see a benefit to being ranked #1 at this point. I want a good tourney spot but you dont have to be #1 to get a 1 seed and getting knocked out of the top spot (without even losing!) can add some extra drive to your game.

Everyone just loves Duke so much, and coach K, that if they win I think that they will get a lot of #1 votes and prob enough to unseat us. And if UVA wins, then "wow! they beat Duke so they should be number 1." I cant say that I agree with that assessment of Duke but that seems to be how they are treated.

IIRC there were a number of voters who switched their ballots last year to match the committee. If we see that again coupled w a Duke road win over UVA, I could see it being pretty close for #1

Reactions: livefaith
IIRC there were a number of voters who switched their ballots last year to match the committee. If we see that again coupled w a Duke road win over UVA, I could see it being pretty close for #1

If Duke goes up there and beats them, then yeah, I could see a strong case for them. But, I doubt enough switch with us winning for 3 weeks straight. Most voters see next Saturday coming for us, so I doubt theyll be too itchy @ dropping us this week.

We haven't played an elite team since the Zags iirc. That was in Nov or Dec! We have a whole new ball of wax to deal with starting next week.

For now tho ... let's make Gator boots.

Reactions: alaVOL
Decided to watch at home... Prices seem crazy. Somebody down there report back on scalper prices for decent seats.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
This game will get ugly early --- UT will pull the starters mid-second half when they get up 15-20.

VN Store

Back