The Official #1 Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 4:00 PM ET, ESPN (Checker TBA)

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
#1 Tennessee Volunteers: 21-1 (9-0 SEC)

AP_19037108299946.jpg

vs.

Florida Gators: 12-10 (4-5 SEC)

UF112680.JPG

GAME 23 | TENNESSEE vs. FLORIDA - Feb. 9, 2019 | 4 p.m. ET | Thompson-Boling Arena (21,678)

Line: UT -11.5
O/U: 139

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 111, XM: 191
Online: WatchESPN.com

23_Florida.jpg

Last edited:
THE SERIES

Tennessee leads the all-time series with Florida, 75-57 dating to 1927.

The Vols have a 46-16 edge when the series is played in Knoxville.

Tennessee has won two straight in the series, dating to last season.

A WIN WOULD...

Extend Tennessee's program-record win streak to 18 games. That would also be the longest win streak of Rick Barnes' 32-year head coaching career.

Stretch the Vols' home win streak to 22 games, dating to last season (it is the longest home win streak of the Barnes era).

Mark the first time the Vols have started SEC play 10-0 since the 1976-77 season.

Make the Vols 7-1 all-time as the AP's top-ranked team.

Extend Tennessee's win streak in regular-season SEC games to a program-record 14 games.

STORYLINES

Tennessee associate head coach Rob Lanier was an assistant coach under Billy Donovan at Florida from 2007-11.

Tennessee's average home attendance of 18,318 ranks fourth nationally.

This is Rick Barnes' longest win streak as a head coach. He led Texas to a 17-0 start to open the 2009-10 season.

At tipoff Tuesday, 77 full days will have elapsed since Tennessee's last loss.

The Vols have shot 50 percent or better 15 times this season and rank second in the country with a .515 field-goal percentage.

Point guard Jordan Bone owns the ninth-best assist/turnover ratio in the country (3.48).

In SEC games, Tennessee averages a league-best 10.3 turnovers per game. The next closest team (Kentucky), averages 12.2 tpg.

ABOUT FLORIDA

In the second meeting of the season, coach Mike White and Florida (12-10, 4-5 SEC) are coming off one of the toughest two-week stretches in the entire league, with games vs. Ole Miss, vs. Kentucky, at Auburn and then capped with a trip to Thompson-Boling Arena.

Senior guard KeVaughn Allen (12.9 ppg, 2.6 apg, 1.5 spg) has been the best player for Florida this season, leading the team in scoring and steals while ranking second in assists.

Noah Locke (11.4 ppg, .421 3FG%) is the team's other double-digit scorer. The freshman guard is far and away Florida's most dangerous 3-point shooter, with nearly double the amount of threes as any other Gator. Of his field goals this year, 74 percent (61 of 82) have come from beyond the arc.

The paint has been dominated by Kevarrius Hayes, who leads the team in rebounding (6.1 rpg) and blocks (2.0 bpg) while averaging 7.0 points per game.

Standing as one of the league's best defensive teams, the Gators allow a league-best 63.4 points per game while also holding opponents to 41-percent shooting from the floor. Florida has held eight opponents to fewer than 60 points this season, including Arkansas, Stanford and West Virginia.

In non-conference play, the Gators boast wins against Butler, Stanford and West Virginia—the latter two on neutral courts.

UF is one of the most talented teams in the SEC this season. Florida has played one of the toughest schedules in the country with games at Florida State, vs. Oklahoma, Michigan State and at TCU.

Go Vols! Show them what you got. I think the Gators will be up for this game after the last game and the chomp on their home court. So I am nervous for this game. I think we win by 5. Hopeful for a 20 point win.

Reactions: alaVOL and FlVols
UF is one of the most talented teams in the SEC this season. Florida has played one of the toughest schedules in the country with games at Florida State, vs. Oklahoma, Michigan State and at TCU.

While I agree Fla has played a tough schedule, teams like Alabama and MS ST have played tougher.........with better results (FL - SOS= 35th, MS ST - SOS= 18th, Bama - SOS= 14th). I would NOT say Florida is one of the most talented teams in the SEC this season. Also of those non conf games mentioned Florida................lost them all.

Reactions: FlVols
Petition for Grant and Admiral to lead a line dance to boot scoot and boogie mid court whilst staring at the Florida players after today’s victory.

Reactions: RollerVol
As the analysis mentioned, the Vols are looking to go 10-0 in the SEC for the first time since 1976-77, Ernie and Bernie's last year together. Interesting to note that we wound up 16-2 in the conference, and one of our losses was an unexpected defeat against Florida. Feel free to correct me if need be, as my brain and memory might be a bit short-circuited.

Ok Volnation...it’s time to rise and shine and get ready to be loud and proud. Time to whip these Gators tails up and down the court. Go Vols. GBO! It’s GREAT to be a Tennessee Vol!! Let’s beat them today by 20+

Attachments

• 0F43940C-88CB-44EB-964A-1C3B8543E876.png
    0F43940C-88CB-44EB-964A-1C3B8543E876.png
    230.6 KB · Views: 76
Is there an app you have to download to do the pregame cell phone light show?

Is there an app you have to download to do the pregame cell phone light show?
It's called Hoops Hype. Can download for free, obviously. It might be a good idea to go ahead and download before you go, as trying to do it right before the game will probably take too long. Really a cool thing.

Reactions: Power T-Rev
I wonder if I can use the app on my phone at home here in Fl or if you have to be in the gym? It is a cool app and a great idea!

VN Store

Back