The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

This is the worst loss since LSU in 2001. But it feels more like Archie Who 0-38. TN mouths wrote checks that their butts couldn’t cash.

Told my wife at halftime in Atlanta we were gonna lose. Guys behind me yelled "No way" then "Why"?
I told them because we shoulda been ahead by 20+ and blew our chances. That'll get you beat

Told my wife at halftime in Atlanta we were gonna lose. Guys behind me yelled "No way" then "Why"?
I told them because we shoulda been ahead by 20+ and blew our chances. That'll get you beat

I remember being up at halftime but not feeling great about it, and like you thought we should be up much more.

I'm still loving life. I honestly thought it was a 5 or 6 year rebuild for football.

I still feel good about the hoops team even though we had a terrible game vs Colorado. Kentucky losing again helps all that too. Its always uplifting to read Rupps Rafters after they get smashed.

I'm still loving life. I honestly thought it was a 5 or 6 year rebuild for football.

I still feel good about the hoops team even though we had a terrible game vs Colorado. Kentucky losing again helps all that too. Its always uplifting to read Rupps Rafters after they get smashed.
If someone would have told me we had a chance to win 11 games this year (if we win the bowl game + Vandy) at the beginning of the season I would have laughed so hard in their face... still it hurts knowing we had a chance to make the playoffs.

I'm on the fence about the basketball team. B4A will be a huge test!

Reactions: VolArmy74

Great outlook!

Reactions: VolArmy74
Not that it matters in November, but just to emphasize the ridiculousness of the polls, Tennessee won its only game in the last week, pretty handily no less, and yet falls an additional 4 spots in the Coaches Poll (#21). Stayed at #22 in the AP.

Not that it matters in November, but just to emphasize the ridiculousness of the polls, Tennessee won its only game in the last week, pretty handily no less, and yet falls an additional 4 spots in the Coaches Poll (#21). Stayed at #22 in the AP.

I haven’t been paying much attention to the polls, but my guess is the teams that jumped us must have picked up some key wins. Either way, perform well in the B4A and we’ll move again.

I have long thought in all the major sports that use polls (football, men's bb, women's bb, baseball, softball), there shouldn't be any polls until more into the season. For football I think it shouldn't start until October, and for the other 4 sports they shouldn't start until conference play starts.

It will never happen but it should.

Reactions: cncchris33
I haven’t been paying much attention to the polls, but my guess is the teams that jumped us must have picked up some key wins. Either way, perform well in the B4A and we’ll move again.
Not particularly. Michigan State got the win over UK, which looks good on paper, right now, but generated as reactionary a jump as our loss to Colorado generated a reactionary drop.

Texas Tech has wins over literally no one of consequence and jumped us.

Illinois beat UCLA on a neutral floor, but then lost to UVA on a neutral floor, afterwards.

We're just in overreaction season.

Reactions: Willy14
Not particularly. Michigan State got the win over UK, which looks good on paper, right now, but generated as reactionary a jump as our loss to Colorado generated a reactionary drop.

Texas Tech has wins over literally no one of consequence and jumped us.

Illinois beat UCLA on a neutral floor, but then lost to UVA on a neutral floor, afterwards.

We're just in overreaction season.
A lot of teams from other fan bases are mad and saying we shouldn’t be ranked at all

I have long thought in all the major sports that use polls (football, men's bb, women's bb, baseball, softball), there shouldn't be any polls until more into the season. For football I think it shouldn't start until October, and for the other 4 sports they shouldn't start until conference play starts.

It will never happen but it should.
Agreed. They should be called "Anticipation Polls" and have no relation to the actual polls that would ideally come out later in the season when teams have started creating enough body of work to be analyzed.

But, as we all know, early polls are critical to the (Vegas) economy.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Agreed. They should be called "Anticipation Polls" and have no relation to the actual polls that would ideally come out later in the season when teams have started creating enough body of work to be analyzed.

But, as we all know, early polls are critical to the (Vegas) economy.
Money always wins out. This week will be a very important week as far as what we currently have, or not. Three games in three days will test our depth, too. I’m excited to see what Mashack will do, and really, to see what they all can do collectively during this burst of basketball.

Very glad we got the W, but man, that first half was painful to watch. We are going to need to figure something out offensively in order to compete for an SEC championship. James would have helped for sure. I'm glad Vescovi found some rhythm in the second half, but we need him to just be better on offense. I don't expect him to shoot 50/40/90 for 20 points every night, but his role on this team demands better overall quality production than we've seen so far imo. That may be more a play-calling issue than individual performance. I think we will get on track if we can just establish some offensive stability, and the USC game will be a great opportunity to do so.

Very glad we got the W, but man, that first half was painful to watch. We are going to need to figure something out offensively in order to compete for an SEC championship. James would have helped for sure. I'm glad Vescovi found some rhythm in the second half, but we need him to just be better on offense. I don't expect him to shoot 50/40/90 for 20 points every night, but his role on this team demands better overall quality production than we've seen so far imo. That may be more a play-calling issue than individual performance. I think we will get on track if we can just establish some offensive stability, and the USC game will be a great opportunity to do so.

I think that adjusting after traveling contributed to both teams having a bad first half. Plus the low roof and odd lighting, Also, not just having JJJ contribute, but adjusting to him not being there. When ZZ sits out and it’s PG by committee they really need SV, Key, AND JJJ managing getting the ball across mid court and initiating the half court offense. It was too much for SV before he (and ZZ) settled down.

Being off for so many days was also a factor in the crappy first half effort.

Reactions: cardvolfan

VN Store

Back