The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

The new top 25+1 by Parrish came out today and it's fairly ridiculous. He dropped Kansas to 15th and North Carolina to 20th, but Gonzaga only fell to 9th and Kentucky stayed at 12. Tennessee is 14th in it.

The new top 25+1 by Parrish came out today and it's fairly ridiculous. He dropped Kansas to 15th and North Carolina to 20th, but Gonzaga only fell to 9th and Kentucky stayed at 12. Tennessee is 14th in it.

I’m in Memphis where Parrish has a popular radio show. One thing that he uses and considers a great metric is KenPom. Tennessee, Kentucky, and Gonzaga are all top 7 in KenPom. Kansas is 20th, and UNC is 22nd.

I’m in Memphis where Parrish has a popular radio show. One thing that he uses and considers a great metric is KenPom. Tennessee, Kentucky, and Gonzaga are all top 7 in KenPom. Kansas is 20th, and UNC is 22nd.

He had them at #2 and #4 on Thursday though. He dropped UNC 18 spots.

He had them at #2 and #4 on Thursday though. He dropped UNC 18 spots.

Yea, he adjusts it every few days and why he gets clicks. I’m pretty sure he has said on his show that he doesn’t care to do it anymore, but his bosses want him to keep doing it.

Pre-season, I looked at rosters of a bunch of blue bloods, and I didn’t think there was a dominant team. I think that theme will continue. The NCAAT will be wide open.

It looks like the rain will be starting any time and maybe won’t end before the game does. I wonder if Heupel wants to get the ball first and get Milton going ASAP. I hope that Joe and Hylton connect early and often. Actually Squirrel might be the first go to deep option. Tillman is out and Bru is questionable. Hopefully Keyton, Warren, and Fant will be reliable targets.

It looks like the rain will be starting any time and maybe won’t end before the game does. I wonder if Heupel wants to get the ball first and get Milton going ASAP. I hope that Joe and Hylton connect early and often. Actually Squirrel might be the first go to deep option. Tillman is out and Bru is questionable. Hopefully Keyton, Warren, and Fant will be reliable targets.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 300+ on the ground tonight.

Unfortunately after teasing us with stellar play this season, Joe returned to the inaccuracy he displayed at the start of last season. I was really hoping he’d turned the corner

Unfortunately after teasing us with stellar play this season, Joe returned to the inaccuracy he displayed at the start of last season. I was really hoping he’d turned the corner

I’m going to allow myself to enjoy the 56-0 blanking of the Candy Boys for at least a week. Conditions were bad tonight and the offense was decimated by injuries. I’m not giving up on Milton after one game. We’ll see how he plays in the bowl game after a month of practice and preparation and hopefully better weather.

I’m going to allow myself to enjoy the 56-0 blanking of the Candy Boys for at least a week. Conditions were bad tonight and the offense was decimated by injuries. I’m not giving up on Milton after one game. We’ll see how he plays in the bowl game after a month of practice and preparation and hopefully better weather.
Definitely enjoyed the win, the dominance, and how our defense responded.

That being said, my concern is that some of those same symptoms of "Overthrow Joe" were present against USCe in his limited time, as well. I had this conversation in the recruiting forum earlier in the week and it was explained away by some people who wanted to excuse it due to limited reps in the game, by emphasizing that Hooker also overthrows guys, and I figure there will be reasons to excuse it from the Vandy game (weather and injuries). I just think he hasn't learned to harness his cannon. At this point, it just feels like the issue is one we'll have to deal with if the staff determines he's the best option.

At least Joe is overthrowing receivers that are getting behind the defense. Even though he’s not connecting often enough, those potential 50 yard gains or more seem to help open up opportunities for big gains in the running game. If his pass attempts were underneath then the running backs aren’t likely to be getting 80 yard touchdown runs. Plus Joe will have designed runs for himself called in the bowl game.

VN Store

Back