The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I almost made a new thread for this, but decided the forum is cluttered already. Does anyone know the exact time schedule for games Friday night? I know we are scheduled to play 20 minutes after the game before ours, which starts at 7, but I was wondering what time that game is scheduled to end. I would assume 9, which means our game would tip at about 925. Would this be right? I’ll be at an auction all Friday night and want to know about what time I should leave. Thanks in advance

some of the best I've seen anywhere. There was a sequence in the Ole Miss game where he put the clamps on Tyree. It was incredible to watch.
Barnes said in his most recent press conference he’s become one of the best perimeter defenders in the country

To be fair Indy, Turner is in more than a slump. He’s shooting terrible this year. His percentages are way down this year compared to last year. I looked it up today and forgot exactly what he was shooting from 3 over the past few games, but it was quite a bit under 20%. I think it’s time to have him come off the bench as the 6th man again and let Bowden start.
His 3P% is down, but his overall FG% is the highest it’s been during his 3 seasons here.

I just think the new posters constantly bashing him in other threads is completely unnecessary.

It hasn’t all been bad. He’s averaging the same amount of PPG and more assists and steals with a higher overall FG% than he did last year when he was SEC 6th man of the year.

We’re all disappointed in his long-range shooting, but he just had his 2nd surgery on his right shoulder before the season, and he’s a right-handed shooter.

Ideally he finds his rhythm this week and enters the NCAA tournament with a hot hand. But regardless I think we’ll see a completely different Lamonte next season. We’ve already seen an improvement in his court vision and ability to find the open man, and his on-ball defense has gotten better over the course of the season. We also can’t forget that his role this season is a lot different than the previous two when he exclusively came off the bench and most of his perimeter looks were catch and shoot rather than shooting off the dribble.

If you combine his much improved 2P shooting numbers from this season with his 3P shooting numbers from last season his combined FG% is 46%.

Last edited:
His 3P% is down, but his overall FG% is the highest it’s been during his 3 seasons here.

I just think the new posters constantly bashing him in other threads is completely unnecessary.

It hasn’t all been bad. He’s averaging the same amount of PPG and more assists and steals with a higher overall FG% than he did last year when he was SEC 6th man of the year.

We’re all disappointed in his long-range shooting, but he just had his 2nd surgery on his right shoulder before the season, and he’s a right-handed shooter.

Ideally he finds his rhythm this week and enters the NCAA tournament with a hot hand. But regardless I think we’ll see a completely different Lamonte next season. We’ve already seen an improvement in his court vision and ability to find the open man, and his on-ball defense has gotten better over the course of the season. We also can’t forget that his role this season is a lot different than the previous two when he exclusively came off the bench and most of his perimeter looks were catch and shoot rather than shooting off the dribble.

If you combine his much improved 2P shooting numbers from this season with his 3P shooting numbers from last season his combined FG% is 46%.
Indy even his FT % is down 10 percent from last year. He's only shooting 2% better from the field this year. Something is definitely up with him. Idk if it's his shoulder or his confidence or what? But something isn't right.

Started out 1st half of SEC play shooting 17/38 = 44.7% (first 9 games)

Ended 2nd half 8/54 = 14.8% (last 9 games)

That is way more than a typical shooters slump. I do have a feeling and agree with you that he will find his shot again though.

Indy even his FT % is down 10 percent from last year. He's only shooting 2% better from the field this year. Something is definitely up with him. Idk if it's his shoulder or his confidence or what? But something isn't right.

Started out 1st half of SEC play shooting 17/38 = 44.7% (first 9 games)

Ended 2nd half 8/54 = 14.8% (last 9 games)

That is way more than a typical shooters slump. I do have a feeling and agree with you that he will find his shot again though.
Same thing happened to Bowden last year.

Yeah it did. Didn’t he shoot something under 50% FT for a period or am I dreaming that?
Can't remember his exact FT demise, but he went into a total shell after a blazing hot start, to the point that he was turning down good liojs because it was in his head. For all of Turner's flaws, a lack of confidence isn't one of them, thankfully. Most times, it's a
lot easier to fix a physical problem than a mental one.

Well, tomorrow starts our post season. We need Turner and Bowden both to hit shots.
We are elite when both are on target together. We are good without them or with one of them, but we could hang banners with both hitting shots.

Well, tomorrow starts our post season. We need Turner and Bowden both to hit shots.
We are elite when both are on target together. We are good without them or with one of them, but we could hang banners with both hitting shots.
If they run the offense through Williams, then the outside looks that our shooters need will be there.

The whole Pons should be playing ahead of a Turner might be the single dumbest take I have ever read on this board. Pons literally has no guard skills and should have been moved to the post when Turner came back from injury. We need Turner to come out of his shooting slump no doubt but he has to be out there.

VN Store

Back