The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Not gonna lie: this one really hurts. I'm pushing 50. I'm not gonna say this is the best UT team I've seen in my lifetime (too young to remember the Ernie and Bernie years) but it's in the top 5, without question. A win today would've meant a very winnable game next weekend. Would we have beaten UConn in the finals? Probably not. But you never know. Most of all, I wanted this for Barnes, JJJ, and Vescovi. And yeah, I suspect it's gonna come out that Aidoo had some flu symptoms, too, which would explain why he never came back into the game in the last 18 minutes, even after Awaka fouled out.
Flu would explain some of it and I honestly hope that’s the reason. The last two games were hard to watch. Hard to believe he regressed that much if he was healthy.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
It is honestly just so cruel that both Alabama and 17-14 NC State made the damn Final Four this year. I’m not going to recover from this for a few months.

Hate that Alabama made it, but by the same token, I think we would have made the F4 if we had the same road they did. Not that it changes anything or will be remembered a few years from now. They get to hang a F4 banner and we don’t, but at the end of the day, they are there because they had a better draw than us. Perfect example of why we call the tournament a crap shoot. We were better than them and proved it twice on the court and over the course of an 18 game conference schedule.

As for NC State, I’m kind of happy for them honestly. DJ Burns seems like a good guy as does Kevin Keatts. Hope they pull off the impossible and ruin the pre-determined outcome of Purdue playing in the national championship game.

It is honestly just so cruel that both Alabama and 17-14 NC State made the damn Final Four this year. I’m not going to recover from this for a few months.
I would be over the loss by now if Bama hadn't made the FF. And most of their fans don't even care. They're too busy having meth-fueled dreams about Saban still coaching the football team from his BDS office while DeBoer just masterminds new offensive schemes.

Radio said Aidoo was sick
All the player critiques without knowing how many may have been fighting Viscovi’s virus. If I were betting, I’d say ZZZ and Aidoo weren’t feeling 100%. Also, Mashack hurt his back against Creighton and was wearing something on it while on the bench. We weren’t 100%. Houston wasn’t 100% and lost also. It happens - nobody’s fault.

If you do not want pollen levels to rise in your home, triggering immediate watery eyes, I suggest staying away from JJJ’s instagram story.

Vol Calls will be a good listen. Starts right now. They’ve been leading off with Kellie Harper for a while. I suppose that Yony V and Karen Weekly get a lot of air time tonight.

It will take a little while for the players, but after the initial hurt passes, they’ll come to truly appreciate and embrace how much they accomplished. 27 wins, third most in school history if I’m not mistaken, outright SEC regular season champs, just the second Elite Eight in program history.

It’s weird to say, but I just don’t feel much if any disappointment in yesterday’s loss. Instead, I mostly just feel appreciation for the players and the coaches for making this such a special season. Hard to explain because I’m hyper competitive and have lost sleep over many losses through the years. Not this one, though.

Reactions: Delmar and berryvol
It will take a little while for the players, but after the initial hurt passes, they’ll come to truly appreciate and embrace how much they accomplished. 27 wins, third most in school history if I’m not mistaken, outright SEC regular season champs, just the second Elite Eight in program history.

It’s weird to say, but I just don’t feel much if any disappointment in yesterday’s loss. Instead, I mostly just feel appreciation for the players and the coaches for making this such a special season. Hard to explain because I’m hyper competitive and have lost sleep over many losses through the years. Not this one, though.

27 wins is tied for 4th most (Pearl with 2 and Barnes with 3 of them) and tied for 25th best season winning percentage.

VN Store

Back