The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

Well the talk into early July was that Tennessee had all the momentum and could be headed for a commitment, UK offered and all that changed…if you wanna say that was because of NIL from 3 weeks prior and not the UK offer from the day before then go ahead, I strongly disagree.
You really are having an issue with the word "could".

I'm not saying what happened to cause him to step back from the edge of committing. It certainly COULD have been him waiting, and receiving the UK offer. In fact, that was my contention all along before Basilio reported the alleged NIL issues within the UTAD.

All I'm saying, now, is that, if that is true, then it COULD have been the idea that Wallace wasn't necessarily giddy with Tennessee's NIL plans, and he paused his recruitment just a bit. Within that same time frame, UK offered, which was one he had been waiting on, and it gave him more to think about.

It's also possible that Wallace was never as close to committing early as was believed.

Several possibilities. Most likely, we'll never really know.

You really are having an issue with the word "could".

I'm not saying what happened to cause him to step back from the edge of committing. It certainly COULD have been him waiting, and receiving the UK offer. In fact, that was my contention all along before Basilio reported the alleged NIL issues within the UTAD.

All I'm saying, now, is that, if that is true, then it COULD have been the idea that Wallace wasn't necessarily giddy with Tennessee's NIL plans, and he paused his recruitment just a bit. Within that same time frame, UK offered, which was one he had been waiting on, and it gave him more to think about.

It's also possible that Wallace was never as close to committing early as was believed.

Several possibilities. Most likely, we'll never really know.

According to the same guy who brought up the NIL issues, Wallace was in the boat and about to be our first commitment….

Sure I suppose it’s possible, much like I mentioned other factors could be possible too…but given that VQ has shot it down and the timelines don’t really make sense then I would venture to say it’s pretty unlike, but again, anything is possible I suppose.

Last edited:
I'm doing a Bruin, told u all, Milton is slaw and Hooker should be QB1 as long as he is healthy

I think that Milton was showing in practice that he could run the fast paced offense with fewer mistakes. But he’s not as good minus the red/green practice jersey.

Better keep getting a touchdown on every possession. I don’t have confidence that the defense can stop Missouri’s passing game. Missouri might could stop their passing game though.

25 point leads aren’t safe when you don’t run any clock.

Better keep getting a touchdown on every possession. I don’t have confidence that the defense can stop Missouri’s passing game. Missouri might could stop their passing game though.

25 point leads aren’t safe when you don’t run any clock.
You can’t be getting mad about time of possession right now in a game we lead by 35 😂 It isn’t 2000, TOP is close to meaningless in today’s game

With all this talk about alternate football uni's.. can we please bring back the smokey grey's for hoops? Don't understand why those went away. There seems to be more room for unique alternates in hoops. Bring on some all blacks, some mid 2000's retros with black lining, maybe a combo with a hint of baby blue like we rocked in the 70's. I do love the throwbacks we've seemingly adopted as our full time uni's, but i've grown a bit tired of them. Wouldn't mind a new modern uni set.

With all this talk about alternate football uni's.. can we please bring back the smokey grey's for hoops? Don't understand why those went away. There seems to be more room for unique alternates in hoops. Bring on some all blacks, some mid 2000's retros with black lining, maybe a combo with a hint of baby blue like we rocked in the 70's. I do love the throwbacks we've seemingly adopted as our full time uni's, but i've grown a bit tired of them. Wouldn't mind a new modern uni set.
I'm all for alternate jerseys in basketball, but I was not a fan of the smokey greys in my opinion.

The Smokey grays in basketball looked hideous

Definitely think there's room for more alt jerseys in bball, but just not those greys.

erroneous-wrong.gif

VN Store

Back