The NCAA should just let our penalties go for paying players here is why

My thoughts?

Disband the NCAA and let the Power 5 conferences elect a new Board of Governors to rewrite everything.

Maybe then schools like TN under the Power 5 umbrella can get the same preferential treatment that the select blue bloods currently get from the NCAA.
This is what makes these forums so much fun to read. You clowns aren't " blueblood" and never will be. You're Auburn with a much better view. You will occasionally be good, but you will find a way to f$%k it up. I'm old enough to consider UT much more of a rival than AU, they're irrelevant. But, so is UT for last 20 or so yrs. Come on guys, make it a rivalry again. Maybe CNS will retire in your lifetimes.

This is what makes these forums so much fun to read. You clowns aren't " blueblood" and never will be. You're Auburn with a much better view. You will occasionally be good, but you will find a way to f$%k it up. I'm old enough to consider UT much more of a rival than AU, they're irrelevant. But, so is UT for last 20 or so yrs. Come on guys, make it a rivalry again. Maybe CNS will retire in your lifetimes.
You must be proud to jump us with your first post?😂😂🤔

Reactions: JonGrudensAgent
This is what I miss... a Bammer incoherently trolling us out of the blue in the off-season. Thank you for the effort.

You need to worry about Uncle Lou, because he thinks Georgia can beat y’all eventually.😂😂

B9F2882D-F62B-4399-BE8B-EF42EB228F2B.gif

Reactions: Plecoptera
I feel we should self penalize. Here's the easy way. Say we're short 10 schollys on the roster, say you self imposed a 10 scholly cut this year as self punishment. Say self imposed no off season play this year...may not make it anyways. Do things to show self imposed punishment, because its happening anyways and see if there's some leniency from the NCAA folks with us doing that. Just a thought. lol

I feel we should self penalize. Here's the easy way. Say we're short 10 schollys on the roster, say you self imposed a 10 scholly cut this year as self punishment. Say self imposed no off season play this year...may not make it anyways. Do things to show self imposed punishment, because its happening anyways and see if there's some leniency from the NCAA folks with us doing that. Just a thought. lol

The max self imposed penalties should be no more than probation and a small reduction in official visits, that's about all we're looking at with the NCAA anyway.

Tennessee House passes bill allowing college athletes get paid for likeness

They have passed the bill for players to get paid. Why even mess with it now?? All coaches from the previous regime is gone. Let it go, and let us play. Drop it now.

I wouldn't worry too much, your more likely to see the end of big time college sports here in about 6 weeks.

Looks like the NCAA is sitting this out after the DOJ letter. The proposed rules recommended to the council were also indirect violation of many of the State laws already enacted. Right now the NCAA has to be hoping the Supreme Court will throw them a bone in the ruling in June, but its not a direct case on this subject but might allow them to act in some way.

My guess is you are witnessing the end of big time money college sports but college sports can continue.

I wouldn't worry too much, your more likely to see the end of big time college sports here in about 6 weeks.

Looks like the NCAA is sitting this out after the DOJ letter. The proposed rules recommended to the council were also indirect violation of many of the State laws already enacted. Right now the NCAA has to be hoping the Supreme Court will throw them a bone in the ruling in June, but its not a direct case on this subject but might allow them to act in some way.

My guess is you are witnessing the end of big time money college sports but college sports can continue.

Hopefully the NFL and NBA will develop a true minor league system and changing their eligibility rules to mimic that of MLB.

I have to keep an eye on this. I knew all of this were coming, and it may be a mess. I know that the Supreme Court may do just that.

The one thing we have going for us is that we told on ourselves. I think a one year postseason ban with minimal recruiting restrictions are in line. They changed the coaching staff and the AD so everyone involved is no longer with the university. They didn’t wait for the NCAA to do something, they identified an issue and addressed it themselves. All I can say is that UT is in a much better situation than LSU right now. LSU is more likely to get the hammer since they have issues in basketball and football and refused to do anything.

The one thing we have going for us is that we told on ourselves. I think a one year postseason ban with minimal recruiting restrictions are in line. They changed the coaching staff and the AD so everyone involved is no longer with the university. They didn’t wait for the NCAA to do something, they identified an issue and addressed it themselves. All I can say is that UT is in a much better situation than LSU right now. LSU is more likely to get the hammer since they have issues in basketball and football and refused to do anything.

There isn;t much LSU can do without the NCAA, meaning they (LSU) have no information on the basketball. A referral could trigger clauses in Will Wade;s contract but not much else I can see that they can do. The football stuff is pretty well known, not much LSU could have done other than the minor violation that Coach O had with a recruit. Unless the NCAA actually has evidence on Wade, they're on the hook for the contract.

Either way, big money college sports is basically coming to a close in its present form.

I have to keep an eye on this. I knew all of this were coming, and it may be a mess. I know that the Supreme Court may do just that.

The Supreme Court case does not have any direct bearing on the July 1st but indirectly it could show the lower courts where the Supreme Court would rule in the future on other cases. Either way State enactments are coming around in about 44 days.

Come July 1st, imo, wild wild west.

Looking at Roster on UT site, I counted 72 scholarship players. There are at least 6 from last recruiting class that have not reported. Plus Payton, Mitchell, Terry, & Milton That gets you to 82. 85 is the limit. My guess is that unless we give scholarships to walk ons that I did not count. We will not get to 85.

Your reading comprehension really sucks too much for a response but here goes.

Nowhere in my comment did I call TN a blue blood.

More to the point, I specifically called for rules changes where the conferences would protect their teams, including TN, like the preferential treatment the blue bloods of the world are currently getting.

They shouldn’t penalize us because we obviously purchased defective products. Didn’t the Happy Meal gang come with a minimum one year warranty?

VN Store

Back