The NCAA should just let our penalties go for paying players here is why

I have said this in another thread: If you got caught selling pot 2 years ago and went to jail and then the state you live in legalizes pot are you still in jail? The answer is yes.

We "allegedly" paid players last year (and before) and got caught, they just have not sent us to jail yet.

My issue with this whole thing is the coach or staff person causes the issue in the first place. That coach/person has the opportunity to go coach at another college and never have to pay for the "crime" he did at the last college. The penalty should apply to both coach and college. The coach should not be able to walk away free and clear. I know there is a "show cause" penalty but how often does that really get used?

I think the NCAA is going to draw a line between a player being paid by EA Sports for his "name, image and likeness," on the one hand, and a school paying a player to come to their university, on the other.

Those are actually different things. Bet money the NCAA treats them as different, too.

Dream on? Good song. Why would you not let it go now? They have passed the bill.🤔

Don't ask why I would let it go. That don't mean jack crap. Ask if the NCAA will. And if you think it is gonna let go by them? Dream On. I think we about to be spanked hard, and grounded for a few years. I am expecting the worst while hoping for less. You are expecting the best when you should know the worst is likely. When it comes down, have plenty of changes of underwear handy. You are gonna need them.

Reactions: Myrtleturtle
I have said this in another thread: If you got caught selling pot 2 years ago and went to jail and then the state you live in legalizes pot are you still in jail? The answer is yes.

We "allegedly" paid players last year (and before) and got caught, they just have not sent us to jail yet.

My issue with this whole thing is the coach or staff person causes the issue in the first place. That coach/person has the opportunity to go coach at another college and never have to pay for the "crime" he did at the last college. The penalty should apply to both coach and college. The coach should not be able to walk away free and clear. I know there is a "show cause" penalty but how often does that really get used?
The university shouldn’t get punished now. I think all of the coaches that were involved should be punished with no coaching in college or pro for two years, and no payments received from that university. The NCAA should let this go now. They can punish themselves by working at McDonald’s for two years.😂😂😂😁

Reactions: VolBricks
The university shouldn’t get punished now. I think all of the coaches that were involved should be punished with no coaching in college or pro for two years, and no payments received from that university. The NCAA should let this go now. They can punish themselves by working at McDonald’s for two years.😂😂😂😁

You think the pros are gonna honor a NCAA ban? Man you need an enema.

Reactions: Vol423

Not sure the analogy works since states are clearing out marijuana arrests/convictions and letting non-violent marijuana offenders out of jail.

As far as OP’s question, allowing a player to profit off of NIL is still different than letting schools outright pay players. Having said that, I doubt the NCAA does anything substantial to UT. Probably just a bowl ban and some scholarship and recruiting reductions.

Don't ask why I would let it go. That don't mean jack crap. Ask if the NCAA will. And if you think it is gonna let go by them? Dream On. I think we about to be spanked hard, and grounded for a few years. I am expecting the worst while hoping for less. You are expecting the best when you should know the worst is likely. When it comes down, have plenty of changes of underwear handy. You are gonna need them.
Could their ruling be just let it go? Could it be because of the the new law/bill that they just passed? I understand what you’re saying, but now it’s a whole new ballgame for the NCAA under this new bill.

The NCAA finds itself in new legal territory going forward, but I suspect they will not easily drop past infractions which occurred before any bills were passed. Of course, it is totally different subjects between getting paid to be recruited to a school and getting paid for your likeness after the fact. However, if the UNC cheat scandal taught us anything, any school that lawyers up enough can probably beat the NCAA, it just takes a lot of money...I.e. attorney fees.

You think the pros are gonna honor a NCAA ban? Man you need an enema.
Well, I think the pros should leave college football rules alone as well then. If not, then they should inherent this rule of not coaching in the nfl for two years, nor college, nor any high school sports nor anything at all for two years.

The NCAA finds itself in new legal territory going forward, but I suspect they will not easily drop past infractions which occurred before any bills were passed. Of course, it is totally different subjects between getting paid to be recruited to a school and getting paid for your likeness after the fact. However, if the UNC cheat scandal taught us anything, any school that lawyers up enough can probably beat the NCAA, it just takes a lot of money...I.e. attorney fees.
You might can add the lawyer, money, and this bill in as factors now. Maybe they will leave us alone??

The coach should not be able to walk away free and clear.
This is a good point. I agree. Pete Carrol bolted to the NFL as the hounds were converging on USC, which opened up the door for Kiffen to backfill that position. This was the second domino to drop (Fulmer firing first) that has sent us into the wilderness for a decade. Didn't Pruitt bolt to the NFL as well?

Could their ruling be just let it go? Could it be because of the the new law/bill that they just passed? I understand what you’re saying, but now it’s a whole new ballgame for the NCAA under this new bill.

Ha ha. What you don't get is we were the only program stupid enough to fall on the sword. You are actually buying Plowman and Boyd's statements. I don't, and I seriously doubt the NCAA will. The money was coming from somewhere, and I bet they were aware of it. And they used it as an excuse to cancel the buyout. Forget the whole new ballgame, this happen before it started. they are not gonna give out group hugs, and join hands with us to sing, "We Are The World". They will hammer us. Expect it. You will feel better when it happens.

This is a good point. I agree. Pete Carrol bolted to the NFL as the hounds were converging on USC, which opened up the door for Kiffen to backfill that position. This was the second domino to drop (Fulmer firing first) that has sent us into the wilderness for a decade. Didn't Pruitt bolt to the NFL as well?
Yes, Pruitt bolted the NFL. Should be working at McDonald’s as punishment for two years. Let him get a taste of his own medicine.

Ha ha. What you don't get is we were the only program stupid enough to fall on the sword. You are actually buying Plowman and Boyd's statements. I don't, and I seriously doubt the NCAA will. The money was coming from somewhere, and I bet they were aware of it. And they used it as an excuse to cancel the buyout. Forget the whole new ballgame, this happen before it started. they are not gonna give out group hugs, and join hands with us to sing, "We Are The World". They will hammer us. Expect it. You will feel better when it happens.
Well, I for one would say the violations were cruel, and he Pruitt might’ve done all of this on purpose, but they released him without pay. Why punish the university? They done their jobs to catch everything, and even cleaned house, and did turn it over to the NCAA. I say leave the university and the football program alone. We did everything right.

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back