The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

Unbelievable. First of all your whole thread is based on the premise Richardson won't play. Mullen said today that he will be practicing this week. He wants him to play THIS week. If he plays against us we do not have a shot to win this game. The kid is unreal. It's incredibly unfortunate that we have to deal with him the next 3 seasons at least. If you haven't noted his talent yet.... Spoiler alert. He is the most talented QB in the league this year. And it's not close…… But it hinges on the starter for Florida. If Richardson is healthy, be ready for a bloodbath.

A rare talent for sure, unbelievable athleticism. I’m convinced he could be an NFL QB, RB, WR, LB or safety. Florida has a basketball game each off-season as one of their “team-building” activities that usually just turns to comedy hour. Not with this guy Richardson, it turned into his personal dunkfest. Check it out:

OK, I'll play along.... there is a tropical depression off the west coast of Africa that could become a Cat 4 that hits Florida next week resulting in Danny volunteering to move the game to Knoxville.
Having to play Bama this week means that UF only gets one week to game plan us and they will have to plan for all three QB because HB will get some game time in the 4Q and light it up for 80 yards passing.
It's possible....... maybe.......
A precedent of sorts got set in 2016.
Hurricane would need to hit before the Bama game this weekend to break it. The SEC would make Florida go to Bama if that happens. Then they'd be forced to make FL come to us.

If it happens after the Bama game the SEC would find a way to make us reschedule our conference games, give up our bye week, and/or buy out our OOC game against South Alabama to accommodate Florida later in the year.

There's no way in hell Florida has a path to backdoor Georia by canceling a game like they wanted to do against us before we backed out for them in 2016, so they'll insist on making up the game.

We might get them at Neyland after all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rickyvol77
They’ll kill us in Gainesville. Our O line is horrible and the defensive line is even worse. When have a bad d line and bad o line ever been a recipe for victory in the SEC? Not to mention we are in shambles at QB.

hopefully mullen plays emory jones most of the game---he'll throw some interceptions---hopefully a couple of pick 6's.

Usually I'm not one to pull the true fan card, but some of you morans need to show up to the watch party with us at Neyland and help us pull this off.
Um yeeeeah sorry. I get what you're trying to do but because I can't afford to go to games and it's a little too far for me, I don't feel like being blamed for the team losing if the crowd is lackluster.

Usually I'm not one to pull the true fan card, but some of you morans need to show up to the watch party with us at Neyland and help us pull this off.
Um yeeeeah sorry. I get what you're trying to do but because I can't afford to go to games and it's a little too far for me, I don't feel like being blamed for the team losing if the crowd is lackluster.
Certain fans: "You aren't the one out there pouring your heart and soul into a game so zip it!"
Same fans: "You're part of the reason they suck!"
Me: ???

5 years ago when I was but a newbie to the forums, Hearing Rumors Debord Is Gone After This Season @pismonque gave me the greatest advice I've ever received on VolNation.
Never ever ever use blue font. Blue font is giant air quotes, winks and an exaggerated voice, and it kills the joke. And people who don't get it and reply just give the joke legs.

Every 5years or so, I really land one.
I MAKE NO APOLOGY FOR NOT USING BLUE

Reactions: pismonque
Every....single....season. Look, I know the losing to UF ends eventually, but this year? With this roster.....come on.

Last edited:
Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.

With the 2 options we’ve seen at QB so far let me simply say…we are going to get boat-raced against Fl, Ga, and AL. We are NO threat to score. Why? Bc the offense, without being a consistent threat to score, bc of speed deficiencies, inaccurate passes, terrible pocket presence, slow processing, poor timing, and fumblitis, is a, Butch Jones, gimmick, no more no less. This up tempo O needs speed, accuracy, and a near perfect performance, with minimal mistakes/penalties, both from the O-line and skill positions and especially the QB…something we haven’t seen as of yet. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to beat the Gators. I was there the last time we beat them in the swamp (many moons ago)! But FL would slaughter Pitt…which doesn’t bode well for us. That all said, even a blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time…maybe we’ll find a QB that can complete a forward pass…that would help. GBO!

Last edited:
It seems like every year we do this. Around Thursday of game week go ahead and expect a “I have a feeling” thread too.

This team has shown it is prone to penalties and turnovers. You can’t out scheme that and it will get you beat at Florida.

Don't forget the "I had a Dream Last Night, tifwiw" classic thread that will certainly show up Saturday morning around 9:30! 😄

Reactions: VolinMC
OP:
iu

This thread officially ends right here! 🤣😄😂

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.

Well, since you mentioned farting? Try doing so in a very small enclosed room. Then you can realize what it was like to read your post.

VN Store

Back