The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

I agree with you. We always have a chance. We would have to play disciplined football and can’t turn the ball over like we did against PITT.
Agreed.. if we play as sloppy as we did against Pitt, it’ll be ugly. This florida team is no juggernaut tho.

It could happen. Not saying it's going to but outside of UGA at the top and Vandy at the bottom, everyone else seems pretty indistinguishable so far in our division. The only things I am becoming sure of as each week passes is that Vandy probably won't win a conference game and it is entirely possible no one in the East even scores a touchdown against UGA's defense.

I think we open as a 17 point dog when odds come out for Florida.
will open somewhere around 11 or 12 that week. I think today it is 14.5. Alabama will beat Florida by 40 and UF 2nd team qb who is dangerous just pulled a hammy. Emory Jones is not good, neither is UF defense. UT has a legit shot here.

If the QB's start hitting open receivers and stop fumbling the ball away we could see how good or bad this team is, until then I don't know.
I will say the special teams played championship ball this weekend. Great punting, great FG kicking, super coverage on punts and kickoff, blocked punt for TD and were even running back some kick offs. Hats off to them!

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.
First off the game is in Florida, so Neyland won't help.

Second, I'm beginning to think Heupel's preference for Milton is all about risk-reward: he's having trouble with overthrows down the field, but you don't have to hit many of those bombs to be effective. Opposing defenses can't count on those throws always being too heavy, so regardless of accuracy it keeps the safeties back and opens the running game. Going with Hooker paradoxically makes us lean a lot more on the pass because the defense can keep more guys in the box. That doesn't work in our favor against a team that has more depth and talent than us.

If Milton is able to go, and especially if Hyatt is able to go, we'll have a chance at an upset. Going with the other QBs, we'll have to play a perfect game (and maybe we will).

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.
135 yds. in penalities; 4 QB turnovers over two games; sounds familiar to me.

Stay with me...

Didn’t you predict 9-2? If not you might want to join up with those dreamers.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Stay with me...

We are sure to lose if the coaches and team are planning to play at home. I hope someone informs them that we are traveling for the game.

OK, I'll play along.... there is a tropical depression off the west coast of Africa that could become a Cat 4 that hits Florida next week resulting in Danny volunteering to move the game to Knoxville.
Having to play Bama this week means that UF only gets one week to game plan us and they will have to plan for all three QB because HB will get some game time in the 4Q and light it up for 80 yards passing.
It's possible....... maybe.......

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Stay with me...

Attachments

• a70f2a8456b7ee4d6a7d0e27ed7733f6.jpg
    a70f2a8456b7ee4d6a7d0e27ed7733f6.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 0
Let’s see how Florida looks against ‘Bama this week. I hope for a gritty game with lots of hard hitting that wears down the Gators emotionally and physically just in time for their game versus us the next week.
I hope the Gators play their asses off, go up big… and then collapse. I want Bama to help beat them two weeks in a row.

VN Store

Back