The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

Let’s see how Florida looks against ‘Bama this week. I hope for a gritty game with lots of hard hitting that wears down the Gators emotionally and physically just in time for their game versus us the next week.

This is how UK fans were in the 90s because y’all always played Florida the week before we did. We were always hoping against Tennessee that y’all would beat them up. My have things changed.

Reactions: livefaith
I think it would improve our odds if they could somehow knock off Bama. They'd be thinking very highly of themselves and more likely to play down.

If they lose to Bama, they are going to be ticked off and focused. I don't think we can beat their 'A' game, if they bring it.
If Bama absolutely hammers them it could drop their confidence. Also I’m sure they’ll be beat up after that game.

Reactions: Wireless1
Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.
Day drinking are we?...Kid go to bed and sleep it off...My god, P.S. The game is in the Swamp LMAO

If Bama absolutely hammers them it could drop their confidence. Also I’m sure they’ll be beat up after that game.

Lol, so you can spin it no matter what.

If UF wins, they're over-confident! Right where we want them!
If they lose a close one, they'll be crushed! Right where we want them!
If they get blown out, they're demoralized! Right where we want them!

It seems like every year we do this. Around Thursday of game week go ahead and expect a “I have a feeling” thread too.

This team has shown it is prone to penalties and turnovers. You can’t out scheme that and it will get you beat at Florida.

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

Seems I have heard this tune before.............

giphy.gif

Reactions: VolinMC and CJBlaze
It seems like every year we do this. Around Thursday of game week go ahead and expect a “I have a feeling” thread too.

This team has shown it is prone to penalties and turnovers. You can’t out scheme that and it will get you beat at Florida.

Definitely before the Florida, Georgia, and Alabama games, and any higher profile non-conference games. Most of them are people just doing it so they can say they called it. I guess if you do it every year eventually you'll be right.

Kind of like how D4H would predict we were winning the NC every year until he finally disappeared.

Bama is going to drop a lot of their opponents confidence I’m afraid. I wouldn’t use that as a measuring stick.

Florida knows they live rent free in our heads which is why we choke against them 90% of the time.

Hopefully I’m wrong but I don’t see it happening.

Reactions: VolinMC
Didn’t you predict 9-2? If not you might want to join up with those dreamers.

I have said 8-4 or 9-3 if we could pull an upset. Honestly thought our qb would look better than we’ve seen so far. 3 ooc wins and then Vandy, Scar, Mizzou puts us at 6 wins. Win one of uk and OM, and then my slightly misguided UF upset gets us to 8-4. Probably won’t happen, but feel like we’re much closer to it than the past few years.

Lol, so you can spin it no matter what.

If UF wins, they're over-confident! Right where we want them!
If they lose a close one, they'll be crushed! Right where we want them!
If they get blown out, they're demoralized! Right where we want them!
Those are all possibilities. It depends on how Florida responds to the game. If they move on quick and get focused, which I’m sure they will, then it won’t matter.

We've beaten them 7 times since 1990. Of all the games we play that are "potential upsets," I cannot fathom why so many choose this one.

Reactions: VolinMC
Stay with me...

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.
How many times in the last 30 years has the ball "bounced our way" against Florida? Be honest

Man some people are so delusional. Florida, Georgia and Alabama are gonna beat us like a drum!

VN Store

Back