The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

True ... but aren't we due?
200w.gif

It seems like every year we do this. Around Thursday of game week go ahead and expect a “I have a feeling” thread too.

This team has shown it is prone to penalties and turnovers. You can’t out scheme that and it will get you beat at Florida.
I'd like to think we've got them out of our system ;)

The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

So, let's say for the sake of argument, I go along with this hypothetical cockamamie squirrel brained outrageous premise.... Nope, sorry folks, BREAKING NEWS....I must sincerely apologize because I really thought I could play make-believe long enough to answer this absurd scenario however, all the wisdom in my body has had such enormous tissue rejection to this thread that that it has closed down all my brain funkshuns (fading...)

Unbelievable. First of all your whole thread is based on the premise Richardson won't play. Mullen said today that he will be practicing this week. He wants him to play THIS week. If he plays against us we do not have a shot to win this game. The kid is unreal. It's incredibly unfortunate that we have to deal with him the next 3 seasons at least. If you haven't noted his talent yet.... Spoiler alert. He is the most talented QB in the league this year. And it's not close.

Best case scenario for Tennessee (and I'm not wishing this on AR) is that Richardson DOES play against Bama and that hammy is not ready to go against us. If Emory has to go the distance against us I actually think it's a game well into the second half in Gainesville.

Providing Hooker starts we should see a healthy Cooper Mays and Tiyon Evans by then. We will also upgrade at guard with Cooper back as Carvin will move back to guard in place of Ollie Lane. Jabari Small should sit against Tech and hopefully will be back in Gainesville. We have the potential to be healthy with a tune up game for Hendon.

But it hinges on the starter for Florida. If Richardson is healthy, be ready for a bloodbath.

Two things wrong with the OP's hypothesis:

One, the Gators backup QB always (and, I mean, ALWAYS) shows out like a legit Heisman candidate against the Vols.

Two, the game is in the Swamp. Too many bad memories there.
As much as I like the logic, UF could throw anyone out there and we would make him a heisman candidate before days end.

I don't care if FL trots out the 3rd string clipboard holder at QB for this game, he will light us up and be the front runner for the heisTman after the game.

Reactions: Caz and Wireless1
If we see improvement next week and make a good showing at Florida, I will be satisfied. I just want to know the team is heading in the right direction.

Unbelievable. First of all your whole thread is based on the premise Richardson won't play. Mullen said today that he will be practicing this week. He wants him to play THIS week. If he plays against us we do not have a shot to win this game. The kid is unreal. It's incredibly unfortunate that we have to deal with him the next 3 seasons at least. If you haven't noted his talent yet.... Spoiler alert. He is the most talented QB in the league this year. And it's not close.

Best case scenario for Tennessee (and I'm not wishing this on AR) is that Richardson DOES play against Bama and that hammy is not ready to go against us. If Emory has to go the distance against us I actually think it's a game well into the second half in Gainesville.

Providing Hooker starts we should see a healthy Cooper Mays and Tiyon Evans by then. We will also upgrade at guard with Cooper back as Carvin will move back to guard in place of Ollie Lane. Jabari Small should sit against Tech and hopefully will be back in Gainesville. We have the potential to be healthy with a tune up game for Hendon.

But it hinges on the starter for Florida. If Richardson is healthy, be ready for a bloodbath.
Richardson can run, I think he has thrown about 5 passes in 2 outings. He isn't starting for a reason, maybe it's the playbook maybe he isn't a great passer. Emory has consistency issues as well, he runs nothing like Richardson more like Milton. Either way you stop Florida's running game and try to make them throw it more than they want too. GBO!!!!

I get it OP, we all WANT to believe. It’s human nature when you love something. I have a family member who was once accused of a serious felony. His public defender suggested that he fight it at trial for some insane reason, even though there rat witnesses, video of the crime in progress, and he even basically confessed under interrogation. Now I went to his trial, and sat there the entire time hoping he would get some kind of break. But I knew in my heart that he was hung. Jury convicted, and he got six years. The way I felt at that trial was the way I will feel watching the Florida game. But one thing made the trial worth sitting through. When the sentence was read, my family member turned and stared at his lawyer for a second, and then cold cocked him across the table. If we can at least let Florida know we were there, I won’t be totally disappointed.

For God's sake.....

Also the game is at Florida.

I like his thoughts but agree with you it is @ FL plus we are 4 - 17 vs Florida in the last 21. Last time we won in Gainesville was 2003

Before you make anymore predictions OP think about this

Tennessee Record vs FL, GA, AL since 1969

FL - 36 Games 9 - 27
GA - 36 Games 17 - 19
AL - 50 Games 16 - 32 - 1 1* Foreit AL

TOTAL 42 - 78 -1 1 122 Games

Richardson can run, I think he has thrown about 5 passes in 2 outings. He isn't starting for a reason, maybe it's the playbook maybe he isn't a great passer. Emory has consistency issues as well, he runs nothing like Richardson more like Milton. Either way you stop Florida's running game and try to make them throw it more than they want too. GBO!!!!

Richardson has dropped absolute dimes on the passes he's thrown. 3/3 for 153 in the last game. Mullen is managing his QB room. He needs Emory even when he starts Richardson because if Richardson goes down and he doesn't have Emory then they are playing a true Freshman. It was very wise to start Emory in two games they could've won with a blind QB.

Reactions: Jaws
Our players are not smart enough to beat Fla even on a level playing field.

Will be hard to beat Fla. when we average 10 penalties for about 120 yards and ZERO turnovers against lesser competition.

mullen handles his qb's like mcelwain handles a shark.

Attachments

• F46DB2E8-98CC-4A3F-870D-5B9CA41C017D.jpeg
    F46DB2E8-98CC-4A3F-870D-5B9CA41C017D.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 2

VN Store

Back